Billie Eilish - 'HIT ME HARD AND SOFT'

ChapelHooker

9 minutes ago, bad guy said:

Not even mad about the P4K review. They've had a weird hard-on for being passive aggressive and weird about her music since her debut. It's very obvious they just don't want to feed into her universal acclaim to stand out. Literally every review of her albums are positive and then boom a mid score. Honestly they did the same with Lana. Not even bothering reading that ****.

But cut to 10 years where they do a re-evaluation of her discography and give it an 8 or something :rip: Losers!

Them saying this in their predictions for the 2021 Grammys said everything it needed to me back then 

Spoiler

Now, can Academy voters resist the temptation of a sad, family-friendly Billie Eilish ballad long enough to vote for the correct Beyoncé appearance?

Like there's Just so many layers to how much of an obsessed hater you'd need to be to say something so incorrect, especially for an alleged respectable publication and over Savage Remix of all songs :deadbanana4:

I just don't understand their obsession with being against history, they already know they'll have to retract everything they're saying ten years from now like you said and she's not the first artist aren't they tired 

• Like 6

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dalladallamallamalla

• whatyouwant_

• dreww

• wish

Still better than Tortured Listeners Department

• Thumbs Down 8

Well they're wrong

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

Taylor will do anything to sabotage her at this point.

Rent-free, truly.

LOL this keeps getting better.

• Haha 3

6.8 is not panned.

>60 is still positive on metacritic.

Anything lower than 40 is panned.

40-60 is mixed review.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

A 6.8 is not a pan. Nice try for a hit thread, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 5/18/2024 at 4:08 AM, enchanted0 said:

HTE was better…. the "switch" or "moments" on this album are cute but the song itself is kinda weak here… for me none of these don't reach the heights of OverHeated, HTE, Lost Cause and Male Fantasy.

The way I'm always right :clap3: HTE remains her best album

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, The Music Industry said:

This thread already being full of people saying "6.8 isn't a pan!" as if y'all were not collectively foaming at the mouth when TTPD got 6.6 only a few weeks ago

:clack:

spacer.png

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

Took one look at that profile pic and that told me everything I needed to know :rip:

I'm sure if Billie had "this is my fight song!" on there the score would be a 10

:suburban:

• Haha 4

Pitchfork doesn't need to matter when we have this:

Still her most acclaimed album :clap3:

• Thanks 6

6 minutes ago, wish said:

Pitchfork doesn't need to matter when we have this:

Still her most acclaimed album :clap3:

It's true. Just annoying when one of the most "respected" music critic pubs play contrarian after waiting to see what everyone else said. I bet you it would've been a 7.5-8 if there were more negative reviews, saying completely different **** than they wrote.

30 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

A 6.8 is not a pan. Nice try for a hit thread, though.

wtf does this even mean? Nice try for a hit thread?

Posted (edited)

- Ariana's lowest score since her debut

- Billie's lowest score ever

- Taylor's lowest score ever

- Dua's lowest score ever

all being from this year :bibliahh:

I kind of agree with a lot of the P4K criticisms but the songs are too strong imo for a <7 score. I would probably rank her discography in reverse order of her P4K scores

(HMHAS, WWAFA, HTE).

Edited by tellem
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

Implying she gave Billie a low score because she's a bitter Swiftie is a huge reach though (not saying you did this but it's in the tweet replies). That paragraph isn't even inaccurate and if you read the article itself she's pretty critical of the re-recordings. Pitchfork has just never liked Billie that much 

Edited by tellem

Posted (edited)

Problem with these album reviews is they rarely touch on an albums ability to grow over time. Its always initial listens that are being scored. Usually quite premature

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tellem said:

Implying she gave Billie a low score because she's a bitter Swiftie is a huge reach though (not saying you did this but it's in the tweet replies). That paragraph isn't even inaccurate and if you read the article itself she's pretty critical of the re-recordings. Pitchfork has just never liked Billie that much 

ohh okay. Yeah I mean, just kind of more a funny coincidence. 

Well, she has Charlie Puth on her side I guess.

:kitty:  Well Olivia's GUTS ended up with a Metacritic score of 91 but only received a Pitchfork score of 8.0 so this feels about right 

28 minutes ago, tellem said:

- Ariana's lowest score since her debut

- Billie's lowest score ever

- Taylor's lowest score ever

- Dua's lowest score ever

all being from this year :bibliahh:

I kind of agree with a lot of the P4K criticisms but the songs are too strong imo for a <7 score. I would probably rank her discography in reverse order of her P4K scores

(HMHAS, WWAFA, HTE).

Pitchfork is so contrarian it hurts. :gaycat6: 

Billie's album is clearly the best of her career, by a long shot, and one of the best in modern music history. In my eyes it instantly joins the rank of modern masterpieces like Melodrama, NFR, and folklore. 

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

Well, she has Charlie Puth on her side I guess.

We declare Charlie Puth should be a bigger critic 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

mafer on X: "https://t.co/7mxaMqx0nE" / X

@ Pitchfork

• Haha 5

Am I the only one who loves The Diner? I love the dark but jazzy feel of it. That, BOAF and The Greatest are my favorites. I also love Lunch now, that last part of the instrumental is sick.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Duff said:

Am I the only one who loves The Diner? I love the dark but jazzy feel of it. That, BOAF and The Greatest are my favorites. I also love Lunch now, that last part of the instrumental is sick.

I like it too, but that might be because I like every song. THE DINER def isn't in my top 3 personally.

Stable AM update.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.