Billie Eilish - 'HIT ME HARD AND SOFT'

Uncatena

2 hours ago, aaron511 said:

I meant the current daily streams, not the totals. I should've made it more clear :celestial5:

what's your standard? lol

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whatyouwant_

• dalladallamallamalla

• dreww

• Dash_inthedark

4 hours ago, aaron511 said:

I meant the current daily streams, not the totals. I should've made it more clear :celestial5:

It got nearly 4M streams the other day. I'm not seeing the bad there :celestial5:

• Like 3

imagine if this ends up being a visual album omg

• Thanks 4

11 hours ago, hackensucks said:

what's your standard? lol

9 hours ago, bad guy said:

It got nearly 4M streams the other day. I'm not seeing the bad there :celestial5:

I mean.... Billie's own?

Her whole catalogue had a huge boost due the announcement.

As a matter of fact HTE's daily streams grew 27% compared to the previous day and it still couldn't outstream WWAFA ("only" 20% boost) and DSAM ("only" 15% boost).

I won't even compare it to other successful albums from that same summer like SOUR (8M streams vs HTE's 3.8M).

I'm not a hater guys. I just thought the album was doing a bit better.

Perched for this. I love 10-track albums, I hope it's immaculate and that it doesn't have any unneeded deluxe/extended editions :duca:

2 hours ago, aaron511 said:

I mean.... Billie's own?

Her whole catalogue had a huge boost due the announcement.

As a matter of fact HTE's daily streams grew 27% compared to the previous day and it still couldn't outstream WWAFA ("only" 20% boost) and DSAM ("only" 15% boost).

I won't even compare it to other successful albums from that same summer like SOUR (8M streams vs HTE's 3.8M).

I'm not a hater guys. I just thought the album was doing a bit better.

but wwafa and dsam are bigger albums than happier than ever and have more hit songs, so it's natural to do more daily streams in the long term.  

and sour is a blockbuster lol... it's like the biggest female album from the streaming era wtf is that comparison. only taylor swift albums (the biggest streaming artist) can compete with that. 

another huge albums from 2021 like justice (7.9b total streams) and planet her (7.5b total streams) do an average of 3m-3.5m daily streams, just like hte. 

future nostalgia is another good example. it does 3m-4m daily streams over the week. non-single tracks from hte like bbn and halley's do more daily than some singles from this album. 

the poor single choices from hte prejudice the album and it still competes with big albums from the same period. i gave you 3 examples, but there's more like YHLQMDLG, el ultimo tour del mundo, legends never die, positions, shoot for the stars, montero doing less than hte or the same numbers.  

i don't understand how you can say that's bad, you need to analyze the whole picture of that period

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, hackensucks said:

but wwafa and dsam are bigger albums than happier than ever and have more hit songs, so it's natural to do more daily streams in the long term.  

and sour is a blockbuster lol... it's like the biggest female album from the streaming era wtf is that comparison. only taylor swift albums (the biggest streaming artist) can compete with that. 

another huge albums from 2021 like justice (7.9b total streams) and planet her (7.5b total streams) do an average of 3m-3.5m daily streams, just like hte. 

future nostalgia is another good example. it does 3m-4m daily streams over the week. non-single tracks from hte like bbn and halley's do more daily than some singles from this album. 

the poor single choices from hte prejudice the album and it still competes with big albums from the same period. i gave you 3 examples, but there's more like YHLQMDLG, el ultimo tour del mundo, legends never die, positions, shoot for the stars, montero doing less than hte or the same numbers.  

i don't understand how you can say that's bad, you need to analyze the whole picture of that period

You said WWAFA and DSAM are bigger albums and that's my point exactly. I felt like HTE was just as big but looks like it's clearly not. Somebody was questioning my standards but when HTE's is Billie's worst performing album (even though it's the most recent one) then the answer's kinda clear? The streams are "bad" for Billie's standards, obviously.

"SOUR is a blockbuster" - so you're admitting that HTE isn't one - and again, that was kinda my point to begin with :michael:

All the albums you mentioned - Justice, Planer Her and Future Nostalgia have more streams overall (HTE's at 5.3M) and Future Nostalgia's more than a year older. Besides, as I mentioned before, HTE's doing 3.8M now when Billie's super hot and gained like a gazillion followers in the last few days. Last day of March (before the new rollout started) it "only" did 2.7M so let's compare that to Justice and the others.

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, aaron511 said:

You said WWAFA and DSAM are bigger albums and that's my point exactly. I felt like HTE was just as big but looks like it's clearly not. Somebody was questioning my standards but when HTE's is Billie's worst performing album (even though it's the most recent one) then the answer's kinda clear? The streams are "bad" for Billie's standards, obviously.

"SOUR is a blockbuster" - so you're admitting that HTE isn't one - and again, that was kinda my point to begin with :michael:

All the albums you mentioned - Justice, Planer Her and Future Nostalgia have more streams overall (HTE's at 5.3M) and Future Nostalgia's more than a year older. Besides, as I mentioned before, HTE's doing 3.8M now when Billie's super hot and gained like a gazillion followers in the last few days. Last day of March (before the new rollout started) it "only" did 2.7M so let's compare that to Justice and the others.

Why would you be the under the impression that it was a blockbuster though? Were you not around when she was experiencing a nasty hate train during the era and it was being branded as a flop era? 

That's why HTE having 5B streams and still pulling the daily streams it does, and having every song 100m+ is viewed as a great success here. If anything it's a testament to Billie's streaming power that this is what a flop era looks like for her.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, aaron511 said:

If you "felt" like HTE is just as big as DSAM and WWAF, I'm really sorry for you, because everybody knows it's not. The streams aren't bad for Billie just because you want it to be.

HTE was never a blockbuster, why the hell are you forcing that narrative? It was clearly an album that did ok, because it had a terrible rollout to begin with. The point is that in the long run is doing really good, even compared with bigger albums from the same period. 

It's so dumb for you to use one of the lowest days of the album to say it isn't performing close to the others lol. All the albums I mentioned had days with less than 3M daily streams recently. In February, without Oscar and new followers, HTE had an average of ~3.2M daily streams, so don't come for me with "it did 2.7M blablabla" like it's the standard for the album, because it isn't. 

It doesn't matter if Justice, Planet Her and FN have more streams overall, because we're talking about DAILY streams. And even if we bring that to the discussion, it only shows that HTE is aging better without having a bunch of hits like the others lol

You just don't know what you're talking about

• Like 6

I should not have listened to that 3 second snippet because it's somehow IMPRINTED in my head now. :ghostface:

I am actually a fan of no singles and just dropping the album in general, but I can't at the lil tease omg drop it NOW, BILLIE! :giraffe:

no Taylor impersonator mentions or talk in this thread, please. thank you

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

:jonny5:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, badgirlriri said:

Why would you be the under the impression that it was a blockbuster though? Were you not around when she was experiencing a nasty hate train during the era and it was being branded as a flop era? 

That's why HTE having 5B streams and still pulling the daily streams it does, and having every song 100m+ is viewed as a great success here. If anything it's a testament to Billie's streaming power that this is what a flop era looks like for her.

5 hours ago, hackensucks said:

If you "felt" like HTE is just as big as DSAM and WWAF, I'm really sorry for you, because everybody knows it's not. The streams aren't bad for Billie just because you want it to be.

HTE was never a blockbuster, why the hell are you forcing that narrative? It was clearly an album that did ok, because it had a terrible rollout to begin with. The point is that in the long run is doing really good, even compared with bigger albums from the same period. 

It's so dumb for you to use one of the lowest days of the album to say it isn't performing close to the others lol. All the albums I mentioned had days with less than 3M daily streams recently. In February, without Oscar and new followers, HTE had an average of ~3.2M daily streams, so don't come for me with "it did 2.7M blablabla" like it's the standard for the album, because it isn't. 

It doesn't matter if Justice, Planet Her and FN have more streams overall, because we're talking about DAILY streams. And even if we bring that to the discussion, it only shows that HTE is aging better without having a bunch of hits like the others lol

You just don't know what you're talking about

Jeez, y'all a senstive bunch :dies: The album is doing fewer streams than I thought it was doing. That's it

Thought it was a smash cause it sure smashed in my household and was my most played of that year. Turns out it wasn't and that's okay (still successful)

Edited by aaron511

7 minutes ago, aaron511 said:

Jeez, y'all a senstive bunch :dies: The album is doing fewer streams than I thought it was doing. That's it

Thought it was a smash cause it sure smashed it my household and was my most played of that year. Turns out it wasn't and that's okay (still successful)

I'm not upset, was just genuinely confused where your comments were stemming from. HTE deserved the success that WWAFA and DSAM saw, that much we can agree on. :giraffe:

25 minutes ago, aaron511 said:

Thought it was a smash

HTE (song) was but the album as a whole was slept on for a bit. But it ended up being a hit album with time. Hopefully HMHAS is an immediate smasher :giraffe:

A Billie Eilish album in 2024. should be very interesting to see how it performs especially after the infamous sophomore slump in 2021 and the debut of a new gen-z pop queen, Olivia Rodrigo. 

Billie has been losing the general public interest but redeemed herself with WWIMF. 

I'm sensing a gaga (billie) and Katy (Olivia) situation here. only time will tell who lasts longer. let's wait and see.

• Haha 1

Part of me thinks she had plans to drop the tracklist title by title on her close friends until Target/Rolling Stone ****** it up :rip:

1 hour ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

Was this deleted? We should predict which lyrics are for which songs :skull:

On 4/9/2024 at 2:23 PM, XxxKatyCatxxX said:

Interesting melody, after 00:07 sounds like a game that I played years ago but I can't remember the name... :gaycat6:

Animal Crossing? 

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2024 at 11:21 AM, Timeless said:

Not the Squirted Ketchup edition CDs

from c*m to blood, her mind

from her zane lowe interview :gaynetcat2:

• Like 7

So Lunch is the single right?

:jonny5: I'm so excited for this. As a new Billie fan this is a good time to get into her music, shorter album to take in and then be able to listen to it amongst her back catalog and then hopefully getting to see her live too. The CHIHIRO snippet slays.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.