• whatyouwant_

• dalladallamallamalla

• dreww

• wish

2 hours ago, Kyoto said:

GN-X35_XgAA0_xv?format=jpg&name=small

Screaming 

• Haha 1

How did some stans have access to early spotify number? I thought they always release early morning :suburban:

1 minute ago, Donquizote said:

How did some stans have access to early spotify number? I thought they always release early morning :suburban:

They're just making estimations, they don't have insider info

The Greatest climax reminds me of some of my favorite songs. Love it.

Obsessed with this album.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

EtoTrLA.png

I think it's safe to assume The Diner and Bittersuite picked up at least 500k today :suburban:

Is The Diner the only dud on the album for anyone else

maybe it's a grower not a shower like oomf

I'm literally obsessed with this, I've already listened to it 6 times today:WAP:

11 minutes ago, wish said:

EtoTrLA.png

I think it's safe to assume The Diner and Bittersuite picked up at least 500k today :suburban:

Mess :suburban:

I always rely on spotify official chart that's released early morning for number update.

The diner and Bittersuite are so underrated..

:bird:With that being said what are our Spotify predictions for tomorrow?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dreww said:

The diner and Bittersuite are so underrated..

:bird:With that being said what are our Spotify predictions for tomorrow?

30-32mil maybe?

SKINNY: I love how every album opener now is her letting us know where she's at in life. The production is so Jeff Buckley coded so an instant classic from me. Absolutely haunting. The strings here peaking throughout the album as well. 10/10

LUNCH: Cute for radio and the GP I guess but I wasn't hungry. 7/10

CHIHIRO: Oh the SOTY, ROTY, INSTANT classic that you are. Might be her best song ever or at the very least secured in her Top 5. Gets better with every listen. There's crack in this :jonny5:. 11/10

BIRDS OF A FEATHER: I get Lunch being the lead but if they were gonna go the "mainstream" route this is such a smash hit waiting to happen. A little too sugary pop for me but I still love this. Such a beautiful nostalgic production on this too but my favorite part is probably towards the end with that weird high-pitched distortion thing they did to the beat. 9/10

WILDFLOWER: When I first heard it I didn't get the vision but oh the grower that you are :jonny5:Easily one of the best songs on the album and among the best she's ever put out. I can't get the pre-chorus out of my head it's just so gorgeous. Love that it's stable/rising everywhere. 10/10

THE GREATEST: While I was in jail time-out I saw comments about how this is the albums HTE and...well no! It's a great track but HTE just has a magic to it you can't reproduce. That being said the "I loved you, and I still do" bridge is just :jonny5: Everything after that big chorus is top tier, I just find myself wanting to get there faster when I re-listen. An amazing first listen though. 8.5/10

L'AMOUR DE MA VIE: I was worried the most about this because those snippets were freaking me out but this was the biggest surprise to me. Loveee her jazzy enunciations in that first verse, love the vocal effects for "it isn't asking for a lot for an apology". The transition to the other half is probably the least cohesive to me but I actually love this portion. IT'S OVER NOOOOOOW :jonny5: 8/10

THE DINER: This has Rihanna's Breakin' Dishes all over it mixed with some WWAFA. It's a cute song but after being fed so well with what she delivered before The Diner I was still hungry for something more, especially vocally. 7.5/10

BITTERSUITE: The opening synths :jonny5: Literally so good I needed a whole song was that. The transition into Billie Bossa Nova's sister was fun but it's definitely a song I'll have to be in the mood for to keep replaying. But that transition/hint to Blue HIT me hard I was so pumped :jonny5: 7.5/10

BLUE: Weddings, graduations, funerals, baby showers :jonny5: Flawless transitions, gorgeous melodies, and those strings :jonny5:Anyone else got Dune vibes with those strings during the latter half? The diversity of sounds within this song while being a cohesive is masterful. 11/10

Overall this is easily her best project. The intricate production choices, the diverse vocals, the cohesiveness, the vision. AOTY!

ezgif-7-8e0e74f294.thumb.gif.70de11955b9

• Like 6

You say no one knows you so well
But every time you touch me, I just wonder how she felt
Valentine's Day, cryin' in the hotel
I know you didn't mean to hurt me, so I kept it to myself

11 hours ago, liammmmacbtw said:

just posted my extended mix of the second half of L'AMOUR DE MA VIE, check it out!

this is great! thanks for sharing :heart2:

OT: this album is living rent free in my head even when I'm not playing it. I can say that I am truly in love with every song to varying degrees. 

That being said I think this is my Top 5 as of now:

BIRDS OF A FEATHER

CHIHIRO

WILDFLOWER

BLUE

BITTERSUITE

HM: THE GREATEST 

LUNCH is def the weakest track for me, but it's still a major bop. THE DINER and L'AMOUR are also great bops. It's crazy how they fit together seamlessly on the album despite being clearly distinct from each other sound-wise. I still haven't explored all of topics discussed in the actual lyrics; I'm sure the songs will open up even more after I do. 

My ranks for now:

1. Chihiro

2. Wildflower

3. Blue

4. Skinny

5. Birds of a Feather

6. The Greatest

7. L'amour De Ma Vie

8. Bittersuite

9. Lunch

10. The Diner

The 1 --> 2 --> 3 --> 4 --> 5 punch of Skinny, Chihiro, BOAF, Wildflower is gold.

THE DINER and BLUE living rent free in my mind now :jonny5:

• Like 1

she's taking pictures in the mirror

omg her skin is so clear

tell her bring that over here

you need a seat I'll volunteer

now she's smiling ear to ear

she's the headlights I'm the deer

1311591181_deer_accident_dashcam_footage

a MOMENT :jonny:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bad guy said:

My ranks for now:

1. Chihiro

2. Wildflower

3. Blue

4. Skinny

5. Birds of a Feather

6. The Greatest

7. L'amour De Ma Vie

8. Bittersuite

9. Lunch

10. The Diner

The 1 --> 2 --> 3 --> 4 --> 5 punch of Skinny, Chihiro, BOAF, Wildflower is gold.

Not The Diner last chi-

At least Birds is in your Top 5

Pitchfork didn't rate the album, I thought it was coming out right now 

• Like 1

I didn't expect Pitchfork to take longer than that to review the album. Maybe tomorrow… 

• Like 1

They gave HTE 7.6.

Expecting at least 7 from p4k.

Hopefully they forget to review

• Haha 3

damn. I never listened to Billie before but this album is dope.

wildflower and chihiro are my standouts. chihiro's synth wrath reminds me of early iamamiwhoami. wildflower is just gorgeous.

cool, I'm a new fan. Think this is my favourite release so far this year. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

Hopefully they forget to review

this right here. I don't trust those pretentious morons.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.