• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whatyouwant_

• dalladallamallamalla

• dreww

• bad guy

• ATRL Moderator

This is probably my least favorite Billie album even though it’s obviously the most slick and cohesive of the three. To me, there is a disconnect between the strength of the production and the softness of the vocals thet isn’t balanced well enough in the mixing for me to properly enjoy. 

It does seem like an excellent record to listen to front to back in the background but it’s not going to be something I actively seek out specific tracks from 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, wish said:

Lunch is fighting back! :eatpopcorn:

This is extremely encouraging. It seems like the GP is eating up this record more than anyone anticipated?

1 hour ago, bync said:

BOAF is perfect

the whole album is, but BOAF... wow

agreed. her best song.

23 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

This is extremely encouraging. It seems like the GP is eating up this record more than anyone anticipated?

Definitely, the album seems very stable on Apple Music today, especially with half of the tracklist perched in the top 10/11. It makes sense for Lunch to keep pushing forward since it has a MV and more playlisting overall.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, khalyan said:

This is probably my least favorite Billie album even though it's obviously the most slick and cohesive of the three. To me, there is a disconnect between the strength of the production and the softness of the vocals thet isn't balanced well enough in the mixing for me to properly enjoy. 

It does seem like an excellent record to listen to front to back in the background but it's not going to be something I actively seek out specific tracks from 

britneyspears-light.gif

• Haha 4

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

I know it sounds cliche, but most albums aren't this good (or at the very least not designed with a front-to-back play in mind). That's probably why haha

Agreed. It's so well thought-out, everything has a place. The soundscapes, transitions, her vocals. Just heavenly :clap3:

This album is literally driving me insane. Like now I'm just absolutely in love with BLUE. Usually I pick 3 favourites Max off a a new album and I'm all good. 

I think this is the part where I turn into a Stan? And I wasn't a massive Billie fan before. Like where do I go to convert? Any local Billie churches around? 

Never wanted to be at a concert so bad in my life.

• Like 6

I've have never listen to a Billie album before, but after the amazing "What was i made for?" I decided to listen to her new album and i was blown away by how GREAT it is, its magnificent, i think i will got a vinyl or two.

• Like 2

Finally decided to get my vinyl today :suburban: I usually only buy vinyl to artist who I stan, but this album is really something else.

Hoping that she releases bonus track too in the future :jonny5:

• Like 5

This album is truly timeless whew ... literally come up with a top 3 of any of the songs depending on your mood

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

This album is literally driving me insane. Like now I'm just absolutely in love with BLUE. Usually I pick 3 favourites Max off a a new album and I'm all good. 

I think this is the part where I turn into a Stan? And I wasn't a massive Billie fan before. Like where do I go to convert? Any local Billie churches around? 

Never wanted to be at a concert so bad in my life.

welcome - we're so happy to have you.

• Like 1

Lunch just surpassed espresso and is #1 on UK Apple Music:clap3:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, dreww said:

Lunch just surpassed espresso and is #1 on UK Apple Music:clap3:

NO IT DID NOT. WHAAAATT?

1 hour ago, Breathe On Moi said:

i don't wanna say it yet but this is her  In The Zone 🤭 lemme wait for disc 2 to confirm.

That's what I kept thinking too? It is definitely her sexual era and artistic maturity. Not to mention she also served her own toxic aka her best song CHIHIRO. And tapped on sexual sides on lots of songs. 

Although the album's cohesion reminds me of Madonna's confessions and a little bit of Ray of light, Blackout even. 

This isn't me comparing actual material ( before any ***** comes at me) as much as speaking of quality and undertones in general. I understand very well that she's had very different inspirations for the material. But this is pop music after all. 

This crazy ***** said I'm gonna get a blender and mix genres but then take out the smoothie and work on each flavour so that the end product will taste good. 

• Like 1

I NEED her to defeat the evil. Let me buy a vinyl 

• Thanks 4

LUNCH has already reached #1 on Apple Music UK 

• Like 2

I'm boping to this magnificent piece of art while playing TOTK :gaycat4:

• Like 1

Yeah... It's not for me but glad it's getting flowers

LUNCH was definitely the best option as a single, but I hope she makes a creepy video of The Diner in the future.

rokeitup-stan-twitter.gif 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

LUNCH was definitely the best option as a single, but I hope she makes a creepy video of The Diner in the future.

rokeitup-stan-twitter.gif 

second this. I want MVs for so many of the songs though....CHIHIRO, BOAF, BLUE.........

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Breathe On Moi said:

i don't wanna say it yet but this is her  In The Zone 🤭 lemme wait for disc 2 to confirm.

I ALWAYS FELT Biliie had an In the Zone in her and we'd probably see her explore electropop in her later albums. I never expected it to come this early, but I'm not complaining :celestial2:

• Like 1

I hope the double album thing comes out at least few month later. HMHAS need to have it's moment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.