CHIHIRO — 628,430
BIRDS OF A FEATHER — 484,946
WILDFLOWER — 439,631
THE GREATEST — 406,125
L'AMOUR DE MA VIE — 406,225
THE DINER — 357,188
BITTERSUITE — 349,732
BLUE — 388,326

How does this compare to HTE's partial day numbers? I think this will surpass it's overall debut by a lot but still kinda curious 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whatyouwant_

• dalladallamallamalla

• dreww

• Dash_inthedark

24 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

what were the album inspirations fineas and billie listed for this album?

Eilish and Finneas call Hit Me Hard and Soft "an album-ass album." It's not a concept record, but it is a self-consciously cohesive set of songs, inspired by auteurist works from the past 15 years or so, like Coldplay's Viva La Vida, Lana Del Rey's Born to Die, Tyler, the Creator's Goblin, Marina and the Diamonds' Electra Heart, and Vince Staples' Big Fish Theory. "I love being dropped into a universe on a person's album," Finneas says, "when you find a whole body of work that you love to listen to, top to bottom. I'm so much happier than when I hear a great song, when you're like, 'Oh, wow, I get to cook my whole dinner listening to this album.'"

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/billie-eilish-hit-me-hard-and-soft-mental-health-fame-1235003585/

• Like 1

Just now, Billionaire said:

How does this compare to HTE's partial day numbers? I think this will surpass it's overall debut by a lot but still kinda curious 

HTE only debuted with about 1.3M partial day streams. She's really taking it this time around :jonny:

• Like 3

"SOUR" — 953K (8 songs) (58M debut across all 11 songs)
"Happier Than Ever" — 941K (11 songs) (35M debut across all 16 tracks)
"Endless Summer Vacation" — 430K (11 songs) (25M debut) 
"Harry's House" — 4.2M (12 songs) (90M+ debut) 
"GUTS" — 2.1M (12 songs) (60M debut)

"HIT ME HARD AND SOFT" — 4.7M (10 songs)

Not gonna get too excited but this is a good sign..:WAP:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I love that I can finally fully get into an artist that was just pretty good to me before but has really matured and shown consistent growth. I liked her first two albums but connected more with the second one and I might just stan after hearing HMHAS.

I felt the same way with Olivia where I liked the singles from SOUR but liked pretty much every song from GUTS.

I don't know if I care to get into anyone else right now, it's only just been Billie and Olivia these last few years...but I am open to find more younger artists with potential! Maybe I'm just not looking as hard anymore.

Edited by NOW

5 minutes ago, dreww said:

THIS IS F'ING CRAZY WHAT?? It's partial debut is higher than HH??? I fear she might have a much stronger debut on streaming and all charts than ANYONE thought possible.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Insane body of work. The production and beats are out of this world and each song is perfectly crafted. This deserves to be the biggest album of the year and Billie + Finneas deserve all the flowers.

The transition mid-l'amour de ma vie is hands down the musical highlight of 2024, absolutely insane!

Edited by theboyismine
  • Like 6

What do yall think the best single will be?

Imo BIRDS will smash

but im noticing everyone likes Lunch

Posted (edited)

Slightly bigger partial debut than Harry's House with longer/less tracks is crazy :deadbanana4: We might really be back 

Edited by Billionaire
  • Like 2

really impressed by this, also yes LONG SONGS!! Go Billie!!! :clap3:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sadie Saxton said:

Nnnnn my vinyl just arrived and I got the Amazon one: 

spacer.png

I thought it was gonna be red and black marbled or something. It's just a red disc :deadbanana4:. Excited I have it tho :dies:

yeah :rip: The thing with these eco-mix vinyl is that they will never come out looking like the mockups. Im pretty sure that has to be stated somewhere too.

Am I acting my age now?
Am I already on the way out?
When I step off the stage, I'm a bird in a cage
I'm a dog in a dog pound

bKqUUbe.gif

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

What do yall think the best single will be?

Imo BIRDS will smash

but im noticing everyone likes Lunch

Lunch and Birds Of A Feather should definitely be the main singles for this album. I'd also love music videos for Chihiro and Blue :smitten:

• Like 3

This wasn't an instant click for me like HTE was. I can tell there's some great music in here but I can't remember how any song goes after a full listen.

I hope it's a grower.

• Like 1

fave tracks:

lunch

chihiro

birds of a feather

l'amour de ma vie

the diner

bittersuite

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Tylerbv said:

This wasn't an instant click for me like HTE was. I can tell there's some great music in here but I can't remember how any song goes after a full listen.

I hope it's a grower.

took me 2-3 listens to become mesmerized with a lot of it.

My favorite songs:

Skinny

Lunch

Chihiro

Birds of a Feather

Wildflower

The Greatest

L'amour De Ma Vie

The Diner

Bittersuite

Blue

Spoiler

She did that :WAP:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BIRDS is a smash

This album is fantastic, it's so wonderfully crafted and it's so solid. I will say, the songs changing up halfway through shtick gets a little bit tiring at points but I'm just looking at that from a simplistic pop structure state of mind. They're all really fantastic. 

My favourites after a few listens are:

• Birds of a Feather

• L'amour de ma Vie

• Chihiro 

• The Diner 

• The Greatest

• Lunch

I posted in the wrong thread but i LOVE Wildflower!

my top 3 as of right now lol 

Wildflower 

L'amour de ma vie

Bittersuite

but it's so hard because the entire album is such a vibe i honestly love every song 

Wow, what a gorgeous album. I think this is gonna be my favorite which is surprising because HTE was so solid. 

omg and Birds tooo

I don't know what i'm crying for! 

I don't think I could love you more!

I feel as if every song can be screamed at the top of your lungs even though it's all pretty mellow songs! HARD and soft indeed she really snapped 

27 minutes ago, dreww said:

This is an extremely good sign I fear 

• Thanks 1

OMFG! Birds Of Feather! This is one of the best songs in a long long time! Absolute gem! Wow :heart2:

My first ever Eilish Album! 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, NOW said:

I love that I can finally fully get into an artist that was just pretty good to me before but has really matured and shown consistent growth. I liked her first two albums but connected more with the second one and I might just stan after hearing HMHAS.

I felt the same way with Olivia where I liked the singles from SOUR but liked pretty much every song from GUTS.

I don't know if I care to get into anyone else right now, it's only just been Billie and Olivia these last few years...but I am open to find more younger artists with potential! Maybe I'm just not looking as hard anymore.

the way i feel the same :suburban:i just think both olivia and billie were not quite there yet with their crafts and needed more time to mature as songwriters, they really came in to their own with guts and this album for billie. it was just an age thing they were still very young and needed to simmer and grow, but now they are serving refined, tasteful, exquisite music :clap3:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.