Billie Eilish - 'HIT ME HARD AND SOFT'

Uncatena

Loved it. So tight and well produced. Birds of Feather and The Greatest were the faves on first listen. Bittersuite instrumental ending was so good, I wish it was a good 1-2 minutes longer :jonnycat:

• Like 1

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whatyouwant_

• dalladallamallamalla

• dreww

• Dash_inthedark

I've decided my trinity is Chihiro, Lunch & Blue :flame:

• Like 1

BIRDS OF FEATHER WE SHOULD STICK TOGETHER

77ec90ec53876293611e4d2eb36b6224.152x127

We are off to a GREAT start with these partial streams and early Apple numbers, especially compared to HTE.

Keep streaming! :clap3:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

it's fantastic, kinda hard to choose a top 3 :jonny5:

Edited by Antisocialites

I'm on The Greatest and the album is just beautiful and interesting.

Her voice sounds amazing as usual but the production is full of intricacies and details that make each song a lot of fun.

I don't get the complaints about it or the track lengths. I don't really hear the 2-songs-in-1 thing? It's just the way the songs progress. You girls need to listen to music longer than 2 minutes!

• Like 3

Just listened to this album in full. :jonny5:

I think our AOTY has arrived. 

Such a splendid experience from start to finish. 

Stand out tracks are : Chihiro, The Greatest (my favorite), L'Amour de ma vie, The diner

• Like 1

birds of a feather is just EXCELLENCE from start to finish. one of her best songs ever

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, burninredhot said:

US Apple Music

#42(+26) — SKINNY By: Billie Eilish *NEW PEAK*

#47(+42) — CHIHIRO By: Billie Eilish *NEW PEAK*

#48(+38) — LUNCH By: Billie Eilish *NEW PEAK*

#90(+61) — BIRDS OF A FEATHER By: Billie Eilish *NEW PEAK*

#102(+74) — WILDFLOWER By: Billie Eilish *NEW PEAK*

#131(NEW) — THE GREATEST By: Billie Eilish

#137(NEW) — L'AMOUR DE MA VIE By: Billie Eilish

#154(NEW) — BLUE By: Billie Eilish

#187(NEW) — THE DINER By: Billie Eilish

#188(NEW) — BITTERSUITE By: Billie Eilish

I'm so glad to see that others appreciate the CHIHIRO magic too. :clap3:

This album is sensational, dear lord!!

Is LUNCH the single? 

The Greatest :jonny5:

56 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

I wasn't gonna say anything bc I don't get dampening ppl's excitement just bc something does nothing for me when others are liking it but I personally had several problems with this album. I don't love the idea that ppl saying nothing = nobody has any legitimate critiques so…

Reveal hidden contents

Her diction/enunciation is incomprehensible, when you do look up the lyrics, they're littered with bottom shelf, obvious cliches & lazy rhymes. The switch ups are an overdone gimmick here to pass off thrown together, underwhelming parts as a more exciting whole & the trick is predictable by the end. Where HTE broke new ground for her sonically & disrupted the parameters of Billie's brand, this album puts her back in a box. Most of what she does here she's done before, she's playing it way too safe. The execution of any new references (namely the electronic styles) they dipped a toe into were extremely weak in execution & unconvincing.. The synths sound like software presets. Finneas isn't the producer people hype him up to be. There aren't any head scratcher, jaw drop moments. It's a boring album that takes itself too seriously. Doesn't seem like they had fun or were inspired making this & they didn't challenge themselves or their audience. They played it way too safe & it's way too early in her career to be so stagnant creatively

I liked the album overall but I also agree with many of the things you said. Speficially the lazy/predictable/cliche rhymes

I'm not sure where this album ranks for me, but I like all of her albums. I do think this one was important for showcasing a broader range from her. 

Posted (edited)

Rolling Stone gave the album a 80/100.

Edited by Migs30283

Me during that switch in L'AMOUR DE MA VIE

Wendy Williams Music GIF - Wendy Williams Music Hear - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2

She really was in her bag with this album :WAP:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Migs30283 said:

gave 100/100's to everyone and their moms so what happened...

• Like 1

Deserved instant classic.. 

Spoiler

how did cowboy carter and GUTS get 100/100 but not HMHAS:coffee:

• Like 2

Her soft whispering vocals are low key perfect for background music when you have to do a lot of boiler repetitive tasks!! 

There's a lot of house and electronic elements and influences in the productions, which I LOVE. He blends those genres so perfectly with the acoustic  instruments. This man is soo talented.

Heard the album last night & damn it was flawless what an album :WAP:

1st 3 songs got me totally in shook! The production is amazing Finneas is a genius, Billie voice & lyrics are dope

This is for sure one of my fave albums of 2024

Thank you Billie Eilish for saving pop music this year :1stplace:

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Migs30283 said:

After all the 100s they've given out recently, I'm surprised that this is the album that they don't consider an instant classic.

Edited by JoJo
  • Like 4

Y'all are not talking about Blue enough :wanda::chick3:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dear Reader said:

I added Guitar Songs and WWIMF to this to make a (close to) one hour album :heart:

Where did you add them out of curiosity?

5 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Lunch is low key overhated. It's such a feel good bop. Seen people saying it's the Lost Cause of the album like let's be real :rip: Its def not

Well in the sense that Lost Cause is a masterpiece and Lunch is not tea-

4 hours ago, Alex said:

I think this is my initial ranking. Other thoughts, 

- This is definitely her tightest offering yet, it's really going head to head with HTE as my favourite but i'm a bit sad that she has a sour taste with that album because it's very underrated as a project in general. this one definitely expands on the world she already built with the jazz influences and what not so Idk how I feel about her saying this is going back to WWAFFLES and retconning when I feel like it's just building upon a bit of everything! but whatever lol

- Wildflower is beautiful, the way the song intentionally expands just like how a flower blossoms is kinda genius :heart:

- Lunch is cute but also a bit one note no? I feel like there were better single choices but let's see how it does maybe i'm wrong

Agreed with all of this, but I feel like she wasn't meaning to denounce HTE she said it was very important that she recorded that album for self-healing 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.