Blinken says Biden admin is open to not pausing weapons shipments after ICC warrants

Communion

what wendy said.

The thing is the ICC is a joke in the grand scheme of things. The big countries are not a part of it, and a few countries haven't even ratified it legally in their country. The ICC will not stop the US from sending even more weapons to Israel. No matter the mounting evidence and pressure internally and externally. 

• Like 2

Biden, Trump or any other future president wont stop supporting Israel so the point is moot. 

5 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Biden, Trump or any other future president wont stop supporting Israel so the point is moot. 

Bringing up Trump doesn't mean Biden is off the hook for this.

• Thanks 5

Biden supports an internationally recognized war criminal?  Sounds about right. 

1 hour ago, Onyxmage said:

It's psychotic how so many people have already written off every Palestinian life.  

1 minute ago, byzantium said:

It's psychotic how so many people have already written off every Palestinian life.  

Not at all. Im just saying that every president has made it clear that they support Israel. Trump will be no different and any president after them will be no different. Im not even talking about the moral or ethical reason. Personally I find it bizarre to be so devoted to a random country but it just shows how religion still pervades the US in the worst way. :michael:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

Bringing up Trump doesn't mean Biden is off the hook for this.

I said every president not just Trump. You hating biden doesnt matter to me.

Edited by Onyxmage

21 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

I said every president not just Trump. You hating biden doesnt matter to me.

Your Trump fixation won't make Biden a better candidate.

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Your Trump fixation won't make Biden a better candidate.

Thanks to the PACT ACT that Biden signed there have been 1 million approved claims for burn pit victims allowing veterans to get disability insurance. That is incredible. I can care less how much you hate Biden. :ace:

4 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Thanks to the PACT ACT that Biden signed there have been 1 million approved claims for burn pit victims allowing veterans to get disability insurance. That is incredible. I can care less how much you hate Biden. :ace:

Let's hope Biden does something for the Palestinian children who have been burned alive by bombs and Israeli forces as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Let's hope Biden does something for the Palestinian children who have been burned alive by bombs and Israeli forces as well. 

Here we go.... :ace:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Onyxmage said:

Not at all. Im just saying that every president has made it clear that they support Israel. Trump will be no different and any president after them will be no different. Im not even talking about the moral or ethical reason. Personally I find it bizarre to be so devoted to a random country but it just shows how religion still pervades the US in the worst way. :michael:

I disagree. I think Biden will be the last Democrat president (assuming Trump doesn't win and dismantle democracy not allowing for one) that will give this level of support to Israel. Biden comes from the generation were the political class has it drummed into them that Israel is always right and must be supported at all costs. This issue could cost Biden the election and yet he has barely budged an inch on his unwavering support.

I think social media and 24 hour news coverage means people are watching a genocide happen in real time. It's altered the perception of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict with joe public and younger Democrats will definitely take notice. Potential future Dem presidents will still support Israel but I doubt any will ever be this adamant that it can do no wrong.

That's kinda the problem with Biden stance on the war in Gaza. He has a fairly good list of domestic but not only is it being overshadowed by the Gaza conflict but it's turning off voters that could swing the election.

Edited by CLNC

1 minute ago, CLNC said:

I disagree. I think Biden will be the last Democrat president (assuming Trump doesn't win and dismantle democracy not allowing for one) that will give this level of support to Israel. Biden comes from the generation were the political class has it drummed into them that Israel is always right and must be supported at all costs. This issue could cost Biden the election and yet he has barely budged an inch on his unwavering support.

I think social media and 24 hour news coverage means people are watching a genocide happen in real time. It's altered the perception of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict with joe public and younger Democrats will definitely take notice. Potential future Dem presidents will still support Israel but I doubt any will ever be this adamant that it can do no wrong.

In that respect I agree but Biden already said he disagrees that it's a Genocide and frankly most of the Democrats are behind him. I don't see this changing any time soon. of course I could be wrong. :michael:

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Here we go.... :ace:

I know you think a few good things means Biden is off the hook for anything else he or his administration does, but luckily Dem voters don't agree with you.

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CLNC said:

That's kinda the problem with Biden stance on the war in Gaza. He has a fairly good list of domestic but not only is it being overshadowed by the Gaza conflict but it's turning off voters that could swing the election.

Which very well might be the case. My issue is with people Quoting me and saying that Biden and Trump are equally as bad. That is beyond delusional. :michael:

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

spacer.png

Such a great statement behind Butcher Blinken

5 hours ago, Communion said:

yeah, it exposes the lies behind "rules-based order" better than anything else.

The ICC is "only meant to go after Africans" but also sometimes "thugs like Putin." White westerners are outraged if the morality of anyone else is called into question under international law. They truly believe that they and their allies can act with impunity. That's why what Israel is doing is "not a genocide." It's because an American ally is doing, and that means it inherently can't be anything bad or evil.

America dragged its feet on acknowledging the Armenian genocide for the longest time because it was carried out by a NATO ally. Now we have the world looking away and supporting Israel's "right to defend itself" while Congo, Ethiopia, and Myanmar are all going through humanitarian catastrophes that they are overlooking.

5 hours ago, Communion said:

I'm sorry but if someone doesn't see how evil Western liberalism/capitalism is on the global stage after this genocide then they will never see it. It's so blatantly obvious we even have Israeli government officials openly calling for death of Palestinians, we have 24/7 footage of death and bombings and yet there are still people who turn a blind eye to this. It's actually making me depressed how quick people are to excuse Biden and other Western governments and he double standard is so obvious when we consider how the US pushed ICC to issue an arrest warrant on Putin despite Russia not being part of its jurisdiction but now they want to sanction ICC for doing the exact same thing but with Netanyahu. 

It's just wild that Blinken can make the argument and push for sanctions against ICC because 'Israel is not under its jurisdiction' and at the same time celebrate ICC for wanting to arrest Putin. The double standard and hypocrisy is so obvious and outrageous but somehow there are still people thinking that this is normal and acceptable. It's lunacy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.