A new "Pirates of the Caribbean" reboot movie is in the works

AbeHicks

A total reboot is going to be the next "Pirates" movie.

"He's cracked it," the previous movie's producer said of the script for the "Pirates" reboot. "He's got an amazing third act. We just gotta clean up the first and second and then we'll get there. But he wrote a great, great third act."

The producer again confirmed the plan is to reboot "Pirates," which means the next movie wouldn't follow familiar characters from the franchise. That would seemingly rule out an appearance by Johnny Depp.

"It's a reboot, but if it was up to me, Johnny Depp would be in it," Bruckheimer said. "I love him. He's a good friend. He's an amazing artist and he's a unique look. He created Captain Jack.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/pirates-of-the-caribbean-6-producer-johnny-depp-1236010553/

Was the planned movie with Margot Robbie and Karen Gillen scrapped?

Sounds interesting, if it's at least half as good as At World's End then I'm perched. Also, didn't they hinted for potential next film storyline at the end of the last film? I wonder what happened to those plans

5 minutes ago, KFC said:

The article mentions this. It seems that 2 scripts were finished, one with Margot, and a different one. One of them was picked to be made, but we don't know which one.

Margot Robbie told Vanity Fair in November 2022 that Disney was not interested in her "more of a female-led" movie, but Bruckheimer told Entertainment Weekly that he thinks there is still a future for both "Pirates" movies to exist. "It's two different movies," Bruckheimer said about the future. "We hope to get 'em both made, and I think Disney agrees they really want to make the Margot one, too."

Keep it 

"He's cracked it," the previous movie's producer said of the script for the "Pirates" reboot. "He's got an amazing third act. We just gotta clean up the first and second and then we'll get there. But he wrote a great, great third act."

:ahh: great start

Hollywood and their obsession with reboots or remakes, can't they come up with something new?

55 minutes ago, KFC said:

The article mentions Disney still wants to do the Margot one as well.

Jack is the franchise and the only reason people went to see the sequels. Weird ass move.

Nobody asked for this :coffee2:

ugh they need to drop these reboots and live action remakes. Make original material

We have One Piece for all the pirate content we need.

They can keep them 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.