67th Annual Grammy Awards | February 2 | Nominations on November 8

Almodusa

The Recording Academy has announced the key dates for the next Grammy Award ceremony! The event will take place on February 2, 2025, with nominations being announced on November 8th. This year's eligibility period runs from September 16, 2023 through August 30, 2024.

Reserved for nominations.

• ATRL Moderator

Chappell Roan for Best New Artist :party:

• Like 8

we're not ready

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRD7aGRCkcV1GvTR1yjVfh

Billie and Ariana to SWEEP!!

• Haha 1

Jelena Karleusa for Best Music Artist in Hiatus:duca:

• Like 1

Tad annoying the cutoff is August 30 and not the 31st :skull: Probably because the 30th is a Friday but so what

This is interesting date for the 67th Grammys.

2+2+2+0+2+5 = lucky number of Taylor (13)

• Confused 2

Damn so only 3 months and some spare change left for this eligibility period lol

What other big releases are left? At this rate, I feel like Billie, Ariana and Beyonce are going to sweep.

3 minutes ago, DR0GO said:

What other big releases are left? At this rate, I feel like Billie, Ariana and Beyonce are going to sweep.

Only person I can think of is Eminem

Is there a reason the eligibility period is not a whole year? Does that mean music released outside of every eligibility period just don't have a chance for nomination (so for example the beginning of September since the cutoff is the end of August)?

Let's go Arianaaaaa:jonny6:

4 minutes ago, schnetzka said:

Is there a reason the eligibility period is not a whole year? Does that mean music released outside of every eligibility period just don't have a chance for nomination (so for example the beginning of September since the cutoff is the end of August)?

It does hover around 12 months (this year will be 11.5 months) but it changes almost every year (some have been 11 months and another 13 months of eligibility). And correct, anything released in September of this year will be eligible for the 2026 ceremony.

Posted (edited)

yes, and? for best pop dance recording :sistrens:

Edited by XIAN

XtiRih
Posted (edited)

Xtina for Best New Artist :superman: 

This bitvh went back in time I fear

GN9NvMHW4AA5nKG?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by XtiRih

2 hours ago, schnetzka said:

When the recording academy was being created, the reasoning was to left music linger throughout the year because "you can't judge the record of the entire year if your record is only 2 months old".

Check out "Broken Record: The Story of the Grammy Awards" by Henry Schipper, it's all about the history of the Grammys and it's a fascinating read.

Get to see Billie nominated for my birthday :hippo:

First page :beatfreak:cowboy carter aoty

3 hours ago, DR0GO said:

Harry Styles and Kendrick might release albums but this has not yet been confirmed. But this year, the Grammys are very stacked

Beyonce and Billie sweep incoming hopefully 🙏🙏🙏

28 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

wait is this real?? :rip:

No, it came out the last day of eligibility for this past year but just clearly didn't get the votes to be nominated. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.