Billie campaigns for #1 by signing vinyls at Walmart, flops & signs plastic sleeve

Forever Winter

Just now, Jay07 said:

I am attacking Billie even though she doesn't deserve it to avenge my Queen is not giving satirical babe. It's giving something but not satirical. Maybe unintentionally. 

i remember that the week was quite a few days ago. a swiftie mod posted about taylor as a normal fan's behavior and then yall ran in there, threw all kinds of words toward taylor.

it seems to me that swifties behaviors are responds to whatever yall did. smoke and fire or whatever they said

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Jay07

• Badgalbriel

• ThisNihilist

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Not to try to delve too deep into the mind of a Swiftie because that doesn't seem healthy for anyone but admitting that you're unfairly attacking an artist as retaliation doesn't help with these accusations.

I didn't say anyone is attacking the artist, because I certainly am not and never do. The ones that are contribute to the problem, on both ends. My statement, verbatim, is {they're defending themselves from people hiding behind Billie's album release (and her vinyl statement) to antagonize Taylor/her fans. }

It's about the fans defending themselves from derogatory judgements from other fanbases.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ks_dollar said:

You can find videos of fans crying, screaming, sobbing, shrieking, wailing, dancing, and shaking for pretty much any major artist in history. There's video of Michael Jackson fans, Beatles fans, Madonna fans, Gaga fans, etc doing things of this nature.

People connect emotionally to art and have spiritual-adjacent experiences when witnessing live music, there's plenty of evidence towards that. It's a bit performative and over the top to record -yourself- and post it online, but at the end of the day this is a reaction that has existed before Swift's fanbase came to be, and will continue to exist long after in the fanbases of other artists. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

You can find videos of fans crying, screaming, sobbing, shrieking, wailing, dancing, and shaking for pretty much any major artist in history. There's video of Michael Jackson fans, Beatles fans, Madonna fans, Gaga fans, etc doing things of this nature.

People connect emotionally to art and have spiritual-adjacent experiences when witnessing live music, there's plenty of evidence towards that. It's a bit performative and over the top to record -yourself- and post it online, but at the end of the day this is a reaction that has existed before Swift's fanbase came to be, and will continue to exist long after in the fanbases of other artists. 

Girl I'm sorry I feel bad tryna troll you 

My initial comment was dumb

1 minute ago, ks_dollar said:

Girl I'm sorry I feel bad tryna troll you 

My initial comment was dumb

It's ok, trolling doesn't work on me unfortunately. :hug:  but you're welcome to keep trolling the success stan swifties that unfairly attack other artists, they don't get to benefit from my charitable goodwill! (And that video is an embarrassing stain on the fanbase)

:ryan3: 

Why I.. hmm these are swifts keeping track. Swifts please we no your basic God is your God leave the rest alone or do you want to be known on this site as Little Monsters lol

• Confused 1

We fall to the throne of Americaness we get got it good:coffee2:

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Remember the rules everyone, when Billie promotes her album and encourages its purchase, she's pure and genuine! When Taylor does it, it's evil and greedy and capitalistic.

Hide contents

(hint: the correct answer is that neither are evil; both are just doing their jobs.)

Okay you still seem a bit confused so let me help you:
Bundling your brand new album with your hair, chewed gum, dairy entries (no, it is not a joke -- a 30 year old woman is encouraging her mentally ill cult to buy multiple copies of her album to collect all the dairy entries) to sell as much copies as possible IS EMBARRASSING. Couple that with the fact she's already sold millions of albums and it's her 12th (?) LP and she already spent a month at #1... You should understand why everybody be dunking on her GREEDY ass. I believe in you, swiftie!

Edited by Prodigal Self
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

K??:giraffe:

1 minute ago, Prodigal Self said:

Bundling your brand new album with your hair, chewed gum, dairy entries (not, it is not a joke -- a 30 year old woman is encouraging her mentally ill cult to buy multiple copies of her album to collect all the dairy entries) to sell as much copies as possible IS EMBARRASSING. Couple that with the fact she's already sold millions of albums and it's her 12th (?) LP and she already spent a month at #1... You should understand why everybody be dunking on her GREEDY ass. I believe in you, swiftie!

Exactly people dont its well lets not kill a dead pig 🐷

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Self said:

Bundling your brand new album with your hair, chewed gum, dairy entries (not, it is not a joke -- a 30 year old woman is encouraging her mentally ill cult to buy multiple copies of her album to collect all the dairy entries) to sell as much copies as possible IS EMBARRASSING. Couple that with the fact she's already sold millions of albums and it's her 12th (?) LP and she already spent a month at #1... You should understand why everybody be dunking on her GREEDY ass. I believe in you, swiftie!

No one will remember. Taylor is the Carole King. We love her songs but they didnt push anything except Narcissim. Maybe Taylor should have a song called "Narcissim" and I would listen cause I WAS a fan 

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Self said:

Embarrassment on behalf of someone else is a pervasive thought. You are projecting your own values onto the actions of someone else in an attempt to tear them down, which isn't exactly healthy. Where you see greed I see ambition. Where you see marketing ploys I see power moves. Where you see evil I see a champion. Y'all will never make me disparage ANY artist that promotes the hell out of their work. I believe they should continue to find ways to forge bonds with their fanbases. But continue to seethe if it pleases you. I'll be enjoying TTPD and HMHAS while you fume.

• Like 1

It's just weird that Taylor fans will remain relevant by how much Americans buy her tickets. But the rest of dont really cared and we already moved on from last year or her new album. And Americans are gagged that another basic American is on the charts, the only thing is Taylor is pretty the rest of the Americans who support her arent

You're ugly sorry just my opinion😔

• Haha 5

taylor is still so nasty for pulling all those stunts.

Swifties told me she was a girls girl. I guess not :coffee2:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Embarrassment on behalf of someone else is a pervasive thought. You are projecting your own values onto the actions of someone else in an attempt to tear them down, which isn't exactly healthy. Where you see greed I see ambition. Where you see marketing ploys I see power moves. Where you see evil I see a champion. Y'all will never make me disparage ANY artist that promotes the hell out of their work. I believe they should continue to find ways to forge bonds with their fanbases. But continue to seethe if it pleases you. I'll be enjoying TTPD and HMHAS while you fume.

So you're not confused, you just baiting people to write yet another "I don't stan for a greed middle aged woman who's making me buy 4 vinyls to make a clock, I stan for a champion with a totally healthy attitude towards her work and fans", gotcha!

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Prodigal Self said:

So you're not confused, you just baiting people to write yet another "I don't stan for a greed middle aged woman who's making me buy 4 vinyls to make a clock, I stan for a champion with a totally healthy attitude towards her work and fans", gotcha!

She's not making me buy anything, I do not purchase copies of the music just because they exist for consumption. I'm a fiscally responsible adult. The fact you guys think there is a ceiling to success is wild though. Yall want her to stop trying to succeed just because she "has enough success" ? That's not how life works. Career goals don't have an end point. Ambitious people continue to break their own boundaries and persevere forward. Maybe internet users can't understand that mentality.

i'm not really baiting anyone, I'm seriously trying to get yall to understand that her attitude -is- healthy. Ambition is HOW she got to be as big as she is. Same with other women in the past like Madonna, Janet, and Mariah. They had their fair share of "greedy!!" tactics and questionably "unethical" retorts against their female peers as well. That doesn't make them evil people nor are their fanbases just mindlessly throwing money at them. Thats an egregious oversimplification of a very nuanced and complex industry. 

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Thumbs Down 1

who are you people acting like a sealed vinyl isn't worth signing? artists do this all the time? vinyls are basically glorified merch so the fact that the wrapping is signed will have zero effect on its 'functionality' for the majority of fans who (in reality) are just going to be super stoked to have anything signed by their fave. 

also in WHAT universe would her signing some random vinyls in a walmart have an actual tangible impact on her sales? is2g it's almost as if there's a large group of users who have an interest in making every other (female) artist look just as chart obsessed as their fave :gaycat3:

43 minutes ago, ThisNihilist said:

Why I.. hmm these are swifts keeping track. Swifts please we no your basic God is your God leave the rest alone or do you want to be known on this site as Little Monsters lol

41 minutes ago, ThisNihilist said:

We fall to the throne of Americaness we get got it good:coffee2:

40 minutes ago, ThisNihilist said:

K??:giraffe:

38 minutes ago, ThisNihilist said:

Exactly people dont its well lets not kill a dead pig 🐷

36 minutes ago, ThisNihilist said:

No one will remember. Taylor is the Carole King. We love her songs but they didnt push anything except Narcissim. Maybe Taylor should have a song called "Narcissim" and I would listen cause I WAS a fan 

32 minutes ago, ThisNihilist said:

It's just weird that Taylor fans will remain relevant by how much Americans buy her tickets. But the rest of dont really cared and we already moved on from last year or her new album. And Americans are gagged that another basic American is on the charts, the only thing is Taylor is pretty the rest of the Americans who support her arent

30 minutes ago, ThisNihilist said:

You're ugly sorry just my opinion😔

So much for "not caring" and being an "ex-fan" 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Tayvoodoo, taykarma, every tongue that rises against Taylor shall fall etc etc etc

very extremely normal and not at all cultish thing to say

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

How scandalous! Some promo in the release week.. can't believe it

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I believe Taylor wants to force these girls to hustle harder and teach them how to play the game bc she genuinely cares about them. She is the music industry after all, meaning that it's in her best interest for the industry to thrive and make as much profit as possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, fromily said:

very extremely normal and not at all cultish thing to say

It's a lighthearted recurring joke, lighten up 

Seriously though, you guys have got to stop insinuating we're in a cult. It's a heavily loaded word with seriously negative implications that do not actually apply to the vast majority of the fanbase. It's pretty disrespectful. Have some couth. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

My day was great thank you, I spent it at an amusement park with my younger brothers then napped. I'm well rested, and my mind is rejuvenated. :hug: 

They are different actions, but they both draw attention to the artists' most recent releases. Generating public interest and pushing further consumption of the projects. That's it. You can project your ideas of why they're doing it if you'd like but at the end of the day they're both just doing their jobs. I'm glad they care enough about their work to get out there and promote it. More artists should take pride in what they create these days. :clap3: 

:clap3:

23 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I believe Taylor wants to force these girls to hustle harder and teach them how to play the game bc she genuinely cares about them. She is the music industry after all, meaning that it's in her best interest for the industry to thrive and make as much profit as possible.

Election 2020 Lol GIF by Joe Biden

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.