Top Posters In This Topic

• Kassi

• GraceRandolph

• ZeroSuitBritney

• byzantium

Oh god Donald trump is so gonna win these elections :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

maga 2024

He makes it very hard to argue voting for him over the Orange Lunatic. 

On one hand, the Orange Lunatic will make sure that no one will be able to disagree with him or it's jail time for them.

On the other hand, we have this fool who is pissing all over the world while telling us it's raining. I just don't get it. 

3 minutes ago, Invincibles said:

"Despite President Joe Biden and Secretary of State Antony Blinken's impassioned denials, and the self-censorship of the New York Times, almost four in 10 likely voters and more than half of all Democrats believe Israel is committing genocide against the Palestinians in Gaza, according to a new poll of 1,265 U.S. likely voters from Zeteo and Data For Progress, conducted from April 26 to 29."

It's truly mind boggling how Biden is literally handing Trump the win. By saying Israel is not committing a genocide, he's alienating a majority of his own voters. Idiot.

Preface; I am not commenting on this thread

i just wanted to point out that a sample size of "1265 US voters" is not really useful other than to push a percentage headline. There's like 300,000,000 million people in the US right? 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Invincibles said:

"Despite President Joe Biden and Secretary of State Antony Blinken's impassioned denials, and the self-censorship of the New York Times, almost four in 10 likely voters and more than half of all Democrats believe Israel is committing genocide against the Palestinians in Gaza, according to a new poll of 1,265 U.S. likely voters from Zeteo and Data For Progress, conducted from April 26 to 29."

It's truly mind boggling how Biden is literally handing Trump the win. By saying Israel is not committing a genocide, he's alienating a majority of his own voters. Idiot.

What is actually shocking about this is how many people fully acknowledge that Biden is enabling genocide but are still willing to vote for him.  I guess this is how genocides are allowed to exist, not because of extremists but because of the complacent majority.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Me, having eyes and ears: Joe Biden is purposefully alienating his progressive base and is helping Trump win by ruining his presidency.

The Centrists of ATRL, fuming: *mass downvote this post* ("-15", girls were emotionally stunted and mad :rip:)

Biden, not even 24 hours later: "I DON'T GIVE A **** ABOUT PALESTINIANS!!!"

:deadbanana4:

Edited by Communion

2 minutes ago, Yayo94 said:

i just wanted to point out that a sample size of "1265 US voters" is not really useful other than to push a percentage headline. There's like 300,000,000 million people in the US right? 

Tell me you don't know how statistics work without telling me you don't know how statistics work. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hate this old man 

6 minutes ago, Yayo94 said:

You can't poll every single American, but even a sample of 1255 gives us a good idea of what Democratic voters think. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Tell me you don't know how statistics work without telling me you don't know how statistics work. 

lol okay tell me how it works then

edit: you don't have to, I'm wrong thank you for the insight fam

Edited by Yayo94

3 minutes ago, Yayo94 said:

That is genuinely how polling - and statistics at large - work. I get polling skepticism with the way for-profit media famously ignored that polls were very accurately predicting Trump had a real chance at winning in 2016 yet pundits acting otherwise. However, approval and policy polling is even less contentious than elections polling and largely serve as accurate data points in greater trend observations.

You just have to look at how Biden can't get through an event without being heckled that this issue is toxic to his base.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
24 minutes ago, Yayo94 said:

So, this is false. A sample size of 1265 voters is a great sample size. Here's an easy-to-read article that explains the statistical soundness of using 1004 people to approximate the general feeling of 260 million Americans with only 3% margin of error.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/howcan-a-poll-of-only-100/

This is not an opinion; this is settled statistical science.

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, Yayo94 said:

lol okay tell me how it works then

edit: you don't have to, I'm wrong thank you for the insight fam

Awe, I was looking for an article that explained it well but someone beat me to it.  

Anyways, statistics can be kind of counterintuitive sometimes but that's the fun/magic of it I guess!  

• Like 1

Yeah it's Over old man

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Kassi said:

War Crimes. 

There's a pretty well established convention for adjudicating a wide range of War Crimes. 

Here are some relevant ones:

• Deliberate Attacks on Civilians: Prohibited under Article 51 of the Additional Protocol I to the Geneva Conventions.
  • Indiscriminate Use of Weapons: Addressed by the Geneva Conventions and the Hague Conventions, as well as specific treaties like the Convention on Cluster Munitions.
  • Murder and Torture of Prisoners of War: Prohibited under the Third Geneva Convention.
  • Forced Deportation or Transfer of Populations: Covered under the Fourth Geneva Convention.
  • Hostage-Taking: Prohibited by Article 34 of the Fourth Geneva Convention.
  • Use of Child Soldiers: Addressed by the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the involvement of children in armed conflict.
  • Destruction of Cultural Property: Prohibited by the Hague Convention for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict.
  • Blockades Causing Starvation: Addressed under Article 54 of Additional Protocol I to the Geneva Conventions.
  • Rape and Sexual Violence: Prohibited under Article 27 of the Fourth Geneva Convention and the Rome Statute of the ICC.
  • Unlawful Requisition or Looting: Addressed by Article 33 of the Fourth Geneva Convention.

Genocide is a very specific thing. And calling every war with civilians casualties one dilutes the meaning of the word. 

Ok but when there's decades worth of colonization, apartheid, and oppression toward a specific people and then deliberate attacks on civilians with an orchestrated famine, obliteration of education and health systems not to mention comments made by Israeli officials https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/gaza-nakba-israels-far-right-palestinian-fears-hamas-war-rcna123909 its not hard to understand what the end goal of this is. Like it doesn't feel like they want the Palestinian people to thrive after this.

Edited by Danny789
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Bloo said:

So, this is false. A sample size of 1265 voters is a great sample size. Here's an easy-to-read article that explains the statistical soundness of using 1004 people to approximate the general feeling of 260 million Americans with only 3% margin of error.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/howcan-a-poll-of-only-100/

This is not an opinion; this is settled statistical science.

I genuinely appreciate this, thank u thank u

definitely an interesting read

I just worry about you guys, I'm frightened for America, I don't wanna see another 2016 situation happen

It's so JOVER.

Such a shameless man... I lean towards left/centre but I will pray with all my might that Trump gets elected again. Demorats are shameless rascals. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

His poll numbers are going to TANK (even further)

Stupid democratic party

7 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

His poll numbers are going to TANK (even further)

Biden and Netanyahu:

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.