ICC prosecutor announces application for arrest warrants for Netanyahu & Gallant

FOCK

Good

Thank you!

Good. They ******* deserve it, both of them. Now let's see what if anything comes of it.

• Thanks 3

lock em up!!!

Posted (edited)

Biden won't be happy about this :bibliahh:

Edited by airplane
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Ooopppp :biblionny:

And Biden too whilst you're at it 

• Like 11

Great news :clap3:

The US'd better be held accountable for their support too.

• Like 2

Lock Biden up with him. He's an accomplice. 

• Like 13

Biden about to officially become someone who has sent weapons to a war criminal. Congrats. 

• Like 3

This is so friggin welcome. Israeli propagandists won't be able to use their embarrassing "there is no formal prosecution yet, you can't say Israel is targeting civilians!!" bs, nor will they be able to accuse the ICC of defending Hamas, as Hamas leaders are also on the chopping block lol (as they should). They'll find another way to deflect but it's still a big win.

My hope is that this will motivate countries to take a bolder stand against the Israeli government, to speed up sanctions and boycott plans, and to fast track recognizing Palestine. The tone set by Karim here is powerfully clear: all civilians deserve protection, and, right now, Palestinian civilians are an urgent priority due to ongoing crimes. This tone should carry over into all public discussions of this genocide and October 7th.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, airplane said:

Biden won't be happy about this :bibliahh:

Let's be real, the US will sooner bomb The Hague than accept its arrest warrant of Netanyahu. 

About a year ago, Biden welcomed the ICC arrest warrant against Putin. Watch him now say that the ICC is a corrupt, biased, antisemitic institution that has no jurisdiction. 

Edited by Both Sides Now
  • Like 3

US invasion in 3…2…1…

Oh GREATTTTTT I'm sure this will go down just as well as Putins arrest :ahh: 

All this useless virtue signalling. Someone do something useful please. 

• Thumbs Down 1

If this actually happens, Biden can officially say goodbye to his re-election. Not like his chances were high anyways, but still.

This is going to get MESSY.

Also, the US and Israel don't recognize the ICC. But our elected officials are already threatening them:

22 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

Let's be real, the US will sooner bomb The Hague than accept its arrest warrant of Netanyahu.

The fact that this is actual US policy :deadbanana4:

The United States is not a member of the International Criminal Court (ICC). The Act authorizes the president of the United States to use "all means necessary and appropriate to bring about the release of any U.S. or allied personnel being detained or imprisoned by, on behalf of, or at the request of the International Criminal Court". This authorization led to the act being colloquially nicknamed "The Hague Invasion Act", as the act allows the president to order U.S. military action, such as an invasion of the Netherlands, where The Hague is located, to protect American officials and military personnel from prosecution or rescue them from custody.[3][4] x

• Like 2

The Austrian/German tears have begun :rofl:

Bu-bu-but our genocidal maniac was elected to carry out the genocide!!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Biden next! :clap3:

JAIL

Lock him up!

the fact that info about Hamas leaders was skipped by op  :toofunny3:

On the basis of evidence collected and examined by my Office, I have reasonable grounds to believe that Yahya SINWAR (Head of the Islamic Resistance Movement ("Hamas") in the Gaza Strip), Mohammed Diab Ibrahim AL-MASRI, more commonly known as DEIF (Commander-in-Chief of the military wing of Hamas, known as the Al-Qassam Brigades), and Ismail HANIYEH (Head of Hamas Political Bureau) bear criminal responsibility for the following war crimes and crimes against humanity committed on the territory of Israel and the State of Palestine (in the Gaza strip) from at least 7 October 2023: 

• Extermination as a crime against humanity, contrary to article 7(1)(b) of the Rome Statute;
  • Murder as a crime against humanity, contrary to article 7(1)(a), and as a war crime, contrary to article 8(2)(c)(i);
  • Taking hostages as a war crime, contrary to article 8(2)(c)(iii);
  • Rape and other acts of sexual violence as crimes against humanity, contrary to article 7(1)(g), and also as war crimes pursuant to article 8(2)(e)(vi) in the context of captivity;
  • Torture as a crime against humanity, contrary to article 7(1)(f), and also as a war crime, contrary to article 8(2)(c)(i), in the context of captivity;
  • Other inhumane acts as a crime against humanity, contrary to article 7(l)(k), in the context of captivity;
  • Cruel treatment as a war crime contrary to article 8(2)(c)(i), in the context of captivity; and
  • Outrages upon personal dignity as a war crime, contrary to article 8(2)(c)(ii), in the context of captivity.

On the basis of evidence collected and examined by my Office, I have reasonable grounds to believe that Benjamin NETANYAHU, the Prime Minister of Israel, and Yoav GALLANT, the Minister of Defence of Israel, bear criminal responsibility for  the following war crimes and crimes against humanity committed on the territory of the State of Palestine (in the Gaza strip) from at least 8 October 2023:

• Starvation of civilians as a method of warfare as a war crime contrary to article 8(2)(b)(xxv) of the Statute;
  • Wilfully causing great suffering, or serious injury to body or health contrary to article 8(2)(a)(iii), or cruel treatment as a war crime contrary to article 8(2)(c)(i);
  • Wilful killing contrary to article 8(2)(a)(i), or Murder as a war crime contrary to article 8(2)(c)(i);
  • Intentionally directing attacks against a civilian population as a war crime contrary to articles 8(2)(b)(i), or 8(2)(e)(i);
  • Extermination and/or murder contrary to articles 7(1)(b) and 7(1)(a), including in the context of deaths caused by starvation, as a crime against humanity;
  • Persecution as a crime against humanity contrary to article 7(1)(h);
  • Other inhumane acts as crimes against humanity contrary to article 7(1)(k).

https://www.icc-cpi.int/news/statement-icc-prosecutor-karim-aa-khan-kc-applications-arrest-warrants-situation-state

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.