• GraceRandolph

• Communion

• Thesedays

• wastedpotential

:gaycat6:

• Like 1

paula-deen-apology.0.thumb.jpg.8efa1c8f6

• Haha 1

So basically like he did his first term?

17 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

3,2,1 til somebody complains about Biden...

yes, Biden should immediately drop out of the race and make way for another candidate capable of defeating Trump - which is literally anyone else. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 12

We're toast 

tumblr_mab1xajfRu1qdcxoeo1_500.gifv

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Taylena said:

yes, Biden should immediately drop out of the race and make way for another candidate capable of defeating Trump - which is literally anyone else. 

Literally anyone else would lose against Trump. 

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 3

Well it's joever

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

3,2,1 til somebody complains about Biden...

I mean, I don't know how it works in Germany, so maybe you don't know how the judiciary works in America, but it is quite concerning that the Republican party wants to rig the court in their favor forever yet Democrats like Biden are explicitly against ideas like changing the rotation of the court or expanding it.

Why would people feel compelled to think a Biden presidency can solve the issues of a far-right court if Biden is openly against solutions to such thing?

0qqSzkz.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

41 minutes ago, Taylena said:

At this point, the filing deadlines have already passed in almost 40 states, so Biden dropping out now would just mean there wouldn't be a Democratic candidate for the majority of the country. I think (and I might not be right on this) that if he were to drop out after the party convention for specific reasons that he'd be replaced on the ballot by Kamala, but the polling doesn't seem to reflect that being much better for Democrat chances

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

How do you honestly believe this?

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

And you're assuming Biden won't? A large portion of the younger voter base ******* HATES him for giving **** to Israel rn.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Communion said:

I mean, I don't know how it works in Germany, so maybe you don't know how the judiciary works in America, but it is quite concerning that the Republican party wants to rig the court in their favor forever yet Democrats like Biden are explicitly against ideas like changing the rotation of the court or expanding it.

Why would people feel compelled to think a Biden presidency can solve the issues of a far-right court if Biden is openly against solutions to such thing?

0qqSzkz.png

Weirdly enough, before the 2020 election, I remember the democratic party talking about stacking the courts in their favor. I wonder if that's a party opinion and not a biden-specific opinion.

A Biden presidency will not solve the "far-right" court issue. What is being attempted is that leftists are hoping that he'll get arrested, but that doesn't seem to look like it'll happen before 2024's election (but maybe 2028).

The problem with that line of thinking imo is what are they going to do if he gets arrested for something like 6 months since a bunch of the cases have been thrown out of the courts recently iirc.

Posted (edited)

Sleep in the bed yall made at this point sorry 

how he was president once and is probably going to be again is a big fail on everyone. Clowns shouldn't be running countries. That goes for both parties. Nobody is showing up for the left this time so I guess suck it up and hope it doesn't get too bad and do better next time. 

there are bigger problems happening than the clowns you are willing to elect as presidents. 

Edited by WhateverYouWant
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, hopeisademonbitch said:

Weirdly enough, before the 2020 election, I remember the democratic party talking about stacking the courts in their favor. I wonder if that's a party opinion and not a biden-specific opinion.

I'm confused what this is trying to say. Yes, expanding the court was a huge topic in the 2020 primaries. Biden was largely alone out of the front-runners in his opposition.

7xAeGhR.png

Though even the above graph by WaPo is off, as it does things like classify Sanders as "No", while his actual position was to implement a rotation to the court.

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Communion said:

I'm confused what this is trying to say. Yes, expanding the court was a huge topic in the 2020 primaries. Biden was largely alone out of the front-runners in his opposition.

7xAeGhR.png

Though even the above graph by WaPo is off, as it does things like classify Sanders as "No", while his actual position was to implement a rotation to the court.

Yeah, I couldn't remember if it was something on his platform (as in, he was running on doing so), or if it was just the democratic party in general talking about it. (ie; when it mentions people like sanders, yang, and buttigieg)

Just another reason why everyone here who lives in the US should vote blue in November.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

Palestine being the deal breaker is so wild to me. A Trump presidency it's just going to hasten the process :deadbanana4:

This framing is weird. Biden has been antagonistic to the left since he won the 2020 primary. 

Sure, there's a group who have Palestine (reasonably) as their dealbreaker. Why would Arabs or Muslims vote for a president who is showing he will deny death tolls of Palestinian children or who reports confirms via insiders in his administration that he doesn't view Palestinians as human?

But once you move away from that group, many other demographics' issues with him are simply inflamed by Biden's barbarism on Palestine.

- Young voters are already disappointed with his broken promises on student debt and his rejection of social justice policies in favor of billions for new cops.

- Environmental activists have basically been sidelined as his response to inflation was not to tackle corporate greed but "drill, baby, drill!!".

- Progressives have been at odds with him since he said he'd veto Medicare For All, compounded by him now overseeing the largest expulsion in Medicaid history.

- Latino groups are upset at him for pushing for banning asylum and bringing back Trump's immigration policies to get aid to Ukraine + Israel.

- Even normie demographics, including working class black voters, were burnt after Dems let all the COVID stimulus expire like the child tax credit.

He has rejected moving closer to where the Dem base is ideologically in nearly every sector of policy. He's a clear right-wing ideologue. 

If your only response is a knee-jerk to go: "Well, sure, but Trump would still be worse on all of those too," what's the point of 2 candidates so bad at everything?

Edited by Communion
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 18

Fortunately, this would likely just mean replacing Alito and Thomas with MAGA judges and they're already the most insane ones on the bench

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

I really do look forward to Communion's posts during the Trump presidency to be completely honest, can't wait 

Sister, only one of us in late 2016 was posting that Hillary Clinton was going to easily win the election and become the first female president. 

Some of you anticipating criticisms from those critical of centrist Dems instead of reflecting on how wrong you possibly were in the past is probably why we're here to begin with, tbh :/

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1

Just now, Communion said:

Sister, only one of us in late 2016 was posting that Hillary Clinton was going to easily win the election and become the first female president. 

Some of you anticipating criticisms from those you don't like instead of reflecting on how wrong you were in the past is probably why we're here to begin with, tbh :/

wasn't me, but im also not seeking revenge for Bernie 8 years later either tho I guess.

also no, that is probably not the reason, like at all/ weird take. 

anyways I stand by what I said, I can't wait to see what you come up with! 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.