Gwen Stefani's "Cool" was originally written for Christina Aguilera, demo'd by TLC

BryceG

BryceG

The song was always inspired by Gwen Stefani and her ex and bandmate Tony Kanal, so it's very neat it ended up with her.

• Like 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImpressMeMuch

• QuanticXplosion

• XtiRih

• naval23

Glad it ended up being Gwen's but I'm curious about what kind of album Christina would've released in 2004. I always fantasy about an hypotethic album that would make the transition between Stripped and Back to Basics smother 

XtiRih
Posted (edited)

I always wondered what Xtina would sound like in Cool. I think she would sound amazing because that was the time she peaked in basically everything (well, maybe apart from looks, because she looks 22 now, and talent, because what she's doing in her current residency is just wow. Still that amazing voice :superman: Instead, we got the Back to Basics album, inspired by the 1920s-40s R&B/jazz/soul in a modern vision. We all won. 

Gwen did a phenomenal work. I love this song :flame:

Edited by XtiRih

Gwen did an amazing job on that song. It's nostalgic vibe would have been upgraded by Christina Aguilera's immaculate voice. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 6
  • Thumbs Down 3

Glad Gwen did Cool, it's so her.

If there were any other acts I would've liked a version of Cool from, it would be the Sugababes who were also working with Dallas Austin a lot at the time for Taller In More Ways. Cool would've fit well on that tracklist and I can see the girls doing a good job with it. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Can you imagine Christina singing cool with all those vocal runs and the screaming? :ahh: I could imagine her starting the song off with a huge scream YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Christina Aguilera Explosion GIF - Christina Aguilera Explosion Sing -  Discover & Share GIFs

Sure Jan... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QuanticXplosion said:

Sure Jan... 

Im a huge Xtina fan. Love all of her music but lets be real back in the early 2000s she was really an oversinger. I do think she realized she needed to scale it back by around 2010. She sounded amazing on a lot of her pop songs in Bionic but not in 2004.  I cant even imagine how she would have sang the chorus. :deadbanana2:

Christina Aguilera working on her new album, talks about release strategy.  UPDATE: Christina posted a message on her official website. - Page 3 -  Music News - BreatheHeavy | Exhale

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

1 minute ago, Onyxmage said:

Im a huge Xtina fan. Love all of her music but lets be real back in the early 2000s she was really an oversinger. I do think she realized she needed to scale it back by around 2010. She sounded amazing on a lot of her pop songs in Bionic but not in 2004.  I cant even imagine how she would have sang the chorus. :deadbanana2:

Christina Aguilera working on her new album, talks about release strategy.  UPDATE: Christina posted a message on her official website. - Page 3 -  Music News - BreatheHeavy | Exhale

No you are not. 

• Like 2

thank god, she would have ruined a masterpiece

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Just now, QuanticXplosion said:

No you are not. 

The vocals in this song are even too strong for a song like COOL. Shes still shouting and grunting here. Cool simply doesnt fit Christinas voice and thats okay. :michael: 

Christina Aguilera in the year 2000 she has the tone, the range and the versatility to take cool to new heights even in 2024. Not saying Gwen is not great but claiming Christina wouldn't do the song justice is just silly. Is not her fault she can sing like a basic pop girl and a legendary vocal powerhouse diva while your faves can only wish they did. 

Amen to that.

Xtina would ruined the song with her screaming fest. d7f6f8a58f9ac2a0444c38b787c2ac4962308640

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

XtiRih
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Nonsense. She has both quiet songs and louder ones in every genre. Do you know why? Because she CAN (your favs don't, that's right) and she can play with her voice. This is called versatility.

interesting fact - This ELECTRONIC song was recorded before Gaga's debut

She will always be one step ahead of your favs <3

Edited by XtiRih
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, XtiRih said:

I always wondered what Xtina would sound like in Cool. I think she would sound amazing because that was the time she peaked in basically everything (well, maybe apart from looks, because she looks 22 now, and talent, because what she's doing in her current residency is just wow. Still that amazing voice :superman: Instead, we got the Back to Basics album, inspired by the 1920s-40s R&B/jazz/soul in a modern vision. We all won. 

Gwen did a phenomenal work. I love this song :flame:

2 hours ago, QuanticXplosion said:

Gwen did an amazing job on that song. It's nostalgic vibe would have been upgraded by Christina Aguilera's immaculate voice. 

The 2 new users are xtina fan keeps replying back to back in this thread. :skull: Isn't it a little bit creepy. :deadbanana4:

Fast and similar replies style... Is @QuanticXplosion your new dupe? @XtiRih 925930710_sippingknee.thumb.jpeg.f3d81e8

Edited by leyaris11
  • Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

songs the few remaining xtina fans posted here only proving cool is just not for her voice:sorry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Xtina obviously can tone it down if she really(really :toofunny3:) wants to. :rip: I could see her recording "Cool".

Edited by Taste of Honey
  • Thanks 2

XtiRih
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, leyaris11 said:

Fast and similar replies style... Is this your new dupe? @XtiRih 925930710_sippingknee.thumb.jpeg.f3d81e8

You and that pinkpokemon?-avatar Xtina-obsessed Britney fan aren't the same people? You are both delusional on the same scale

Edited by XtiRih
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Taste of Honey said:

Xtina obviously can tone it down if she really(really :toofunny3:) wants to. :rip: I could see her recording "Cool".

Just remembered without you from Back To Basics. Oh Christina, the vocal legend that you are. 

• Like 1

Cannot imagine her loud ass voice on that 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Posted (edited)

This song is another proof that Christina Aguilera not only would have sound amazing singing cool she would also upgrade the tune with her beautiful tone. 

Edited by QuanticXplosion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The song was inspired by Xtina because Dallas and Xtina briefly dated. The song "cool" means that they are cool after breaking up. It wouldnt have been made if that hadnt happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.