Gymnastics 🤸🏿‍♀️| Biles & Malone Win U.S. Nationals | U.S. Olympic Team Trials Next

PopMusicJunkie

Posted (edited)

Olympic Trials for the U.S. will be June 27th - 30th.  

Edited by PopMusicJunkie
  • Like 3

Simone Biles (AA)

Shilese Jones (AA)

Suni Lee/Skye Blakely (UB, BB)

Kayla DiCello (FX)

Jade Carey (VT)

:clap3:

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up! :heart: 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

I need Gabby to have a better showing than American Classic because I need all three Olympic champions on this team. 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
57 minutes ago, evermore. said:

Simone Biles (AA)

Shilese Jones (AA)

Suni Lee/Skye Blakely (UB, BB)

Kayla DiCello (FX)

Jade Carey (VT)

:clap3:

I don’t need Skye to fall at another major competition :deadbanana:

Posted (edited)

hmm, looked it up and there's one all around gold olympian who was older than 26, Gorokhovskaya in 1952 when she was 30.

the last 12 were all teens. 

but at the worlds in october, the top 3 were: simone (currently 27), rebecca (25), and shilese (21).

Edited by fridayteenage

I know that's right, Jordan! :clap3:

Posted (edited)

:1stplace::1stplace::1stplace:

Podium training is currently underway.

Edited by PopMusicJunkie
  • Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Devastated for Konnor’s achilles injury, and devastated for Gabby crumbling under the pressure. I know she wants this so bad but you can tell her mental health isn’t quite there yet. Since Gabby is pretty much out of it for this Olympics, I really hope she continues (moves AWAY FROM WOGA) and keeps competing next quad

• Like 2

Random thoughts: 

• I want the Wolf Turn banned, it's an ugly skill on both beam or floor.  I dislike it so much. :rip:
  • Shilese Jones is nice to watch, she gives me shades of Nastia Liukin but with better power, form, and amplitude.  
  • I think Jordan Chilies will be a lock for the team, with Jones & Biles.
  • Suni's beam was gorgeous. I hope she remains healthy thru Nationals and Trials. 
  • There was some serious voodoo going on with Bars.  So many mistakes.  
  • I really enjoy Sam Peszek as a commentator.  
  • I enjoy Skye Blakely but she is way too inconsistent.  
  • Jade Carey is definitely in the mix.

35 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Devastated for Konnor's achilles injury, and devastated for Gabby crumbling under the pressure. I know she wants this so bad but you can tell her mental health isn't quite there yet. Since Gabby is pretty much out of it for this Olympics, I really hope she continues (moves AWAY FROM WOGA) and keeps competing next quad

Agreed.  

So unfortunate for Konnor.  I felt for Gabby, it appears to be a mental block she can't get over, I'm rooting for her.  

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 9:04 PM, khalyan said:

I need Gabby to have a better showing than American Classic because I need all three Olympic champions on this team. 

This. Gabby still is just a little off form.

I'm a Magnificent 7 stan, I love this quad so much.  Each brought something that contributed to the team.  

The fluff pieces and emphasizes on age was on a whole other level during the 90's tho.  :rip:

Posted (edited)

Brody is a Trumpie so that automactically knocks him out for me, but he was solid tonight even with a knee brace.  

I hope Fred, Colt, Khoi, or Shane come back strong on Saturday.  Yul's hip looks to be bothering him, so I hope he's good as well.  

Edited by PopMusicJunkie

• ATRL Moderator

I NEED Donnell on this team :jonny:

• Like 1

Shilese out of the competition, hoping for a speedy recovery and she's ready by Trials.  

Simone is truly the GOAT, like there was any doubt.  60+ is insane.   

Skye really showed up tonight, if she hits on Sunday and at Trails, she'll likely make the team.  

Jordan was looking very strong until her final pass on floor.  Hoping she hits on Sunday.  

Suni, Jade, and Kayla were good as well.  

• ATRL Moderator

DEVASTATED for Trinity. I’ve gotten to know her a little bit over the last few years and she is the sweetest person, really hoping her injury is minor and she’s able to finish this competition on her terms. 

• Like 1

I didn't watch tonight's competition (I'll watch tomorrow) but as expected Brody took 1st, with Fred & Khoi holding their own, Yul rebounded, and the battle between Don & Asher appears to have been settled with the former.  :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

I didn't watch tonight's competition (I'll watch tomorrow) but as expected Brody took 1st, with Fred & Khoi holding their own, Yul rebounded, and the battle between Don & Asher appears to have been settled with the former.  :clap3:

Donnell supremacy :clap3:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Simone just doing Simone things, Skye really made a great case during this Championship, Suni, Jordan, and Jade had some stumbles but were still good. 

Hezly Rivera coming like a dark house tho.  

The girls were showing out with their leo's tonight, Leanne won it for me.  

Edited by PopMusicJunkie

simone's 2nd bars win, by 0.05 points

looks like sweeping everything else is her usual MO at nationals

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.