How to give subtle hints about sexuality?

liam13

1 minute ago, I'm JAVIng Fun said:

Coming out is better than just giving hints, you'll regret trying to give hints rather than just coming out.

i'll do that when i'm financially stable and comfortable. i already came out to friends from elsewhere, like i mentioned. honestly it's great, i don't have to hide myself when conversations get to #that point.

also it seems like almost everyone in here missed my point. i'm asking for ways to give signs, hints that passively express themselves to gay people instead of me being subtly gay and flirty in front of straight people :suburban: i'm sorry if i don't make myself clear enough cuz english is not my first language.

• Like 1

Ask if they like Charli

If they say XCX? They're gay and you can open up to them.

If they say Puth? Sheen? And the Chocolate Factory? They're straight and keep your guard up.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, JJZAW said:

Show them all the joke comments from this thread. If they laugh, then gay. 

i rather be dead than make a chromatica jockstrap joke irl :suburban:

3 minutes ago, CandleGuy said:

Ask if they like Charli

If they say XCX? They're gay and you can open up to them.

If they say Puth? Sheen? And the Chocolate Factory? They're straight and keep your guard up.

idk. people saw me listening to britney and taylor before. they had no comments nor reactions about it. how would charli be different :gaycat6:

Just be yourself? :thing:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, liam13 said:

idk. people saw me listening to britney and taylor before. they had no comments nor reactions about it. how would charli be different :gaycat6:

Then they know, sis

• Haha 4

Just be comfortable in your own skin, sis

:suburban:

your vibes will attract akin people 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

Just be yourself? :thing:

1 minute ago, Zeferino said:

Just be comfortable in your own skin, sis

your vibes will attract akin people 

so it's hopeless. yep… :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

Say yas girl casually

Have you logged onto Grindr or Sniffies and seen anyone yet?

tumblr_ppcjvj1YSR1urpzcio2_400.thumb.png

2 minutes ago, stochastic said:

Have you logged onto Grindr or Sniffies and seen anyone yet?

tumblr_ppcjvj1YSR1urpzcio2_400.thumb.png

well, they all wanted sekz so i deleted the apps one or two years ago :emofish:

Ask them if they know what Atrl is 

I would be innocently, yet noticeably, over-friendly with them. Compliment him if he smells good, dresses nice, etc. It's innocent enough to where it doesn't necessarily scream sexuality, and can be explained away as just being friendly, but is subtle enough to cause him to wonder. His reaction should tell you everything you need to know. And, of course, just asking questions about himself that show interest, but could be just as easily explained away as just being friendly and making conversation.

Also, like others have said, you can always count on throwing around stereotypes. Talk about the type of music you're into, how you'd probably rather go to a pop concert than a sporting event, etc.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, I'm JAVIng Fun said:

Honestly, unless you are doing the stereotypical "gay" things like cross-dressing or talking in slang that only we know, most of them will never get the hint usually. People in our culture are used to not giving usually any "obvious" hints that we are gay.

For example, when I came out, many of my friends were telling me "Not obvious" or "Really? I didn't know?" since sadly unless you tell them outright you are gay, nobody will take hints unless you indeed have some gay stereotypes attached to you already. :coffee2:

As someone mixed, with south Asian family on one side, this is literally so true :deadbanana2:

When I came out, all my white friends and family were like oh yeah wbk, but my Indian family were completely surprised. :rip:

1 hour ago, glitch said:

As someone mixed, with south Asian family on one side, this is literally so true :deadbanana2:

When I came out, all my white friends and family were like oh yeah wbk, but my Indian family were completely surprised. :rip:

did your indian family accept it?

my mom once told me if "if you're sick, you're gonna need to be cured and i'm not kidding" :rip::rip:

8 minutes ago, liam13 said:

did your indian family accept it?

my mom once told me if "if you're sick, you're gonna need to be cured and i'm not kidding" :rip::rip:

Well my immediate family and people in my extended family I'm close to did yeah. It's not something I really discuss with my wider extended family so who knows (or cares) what they think :celestial5:

Sorry to hear your mum isn't accepting. She could potentially come round in future but quite frankly it's none of her business and you don't need her approval to be yourself :heart2:

• Like 1

you're Southeast Asian?

obviously you're not Filipino because if you were, trust me everyone already knows :suburban:

my ship of subtlety has sailed and sunk long ago

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.