Cardi B says she's not voting in the next election: "I don't f— with both of y'all"

fijitears

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, Revolution said:

That's a vote for Trump

This rhetoric convinces nobody. But go off. 

• Thanks 4

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBeyoncé

• Communion

• Kassi

• ForgottenSoul

Posted (edited)

I'm voting for Joe Biden. Thankfully I live in a beautiful, educated city, who also endorses officially, Joe Biden.

I care about the futures and livelihoods of poc, especially the black community and I care too much about women and reproductive rights.

I personally denounce racism and white supremacists, and can't believe so many in this forum would endorse that, because if you're not voting for Joe that is what are you doing. I won't be a part of that side of history. 

Embarrassing to not vote.  What a lack of morals and selective, blind outrage.:suburban:

Edited by Afterglow
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Album Leak said:

I'm arguing that Trump is a dangerous Putinist and the consequences of his presidency will make the entirety of Europe a future battlefield (and USA's lax interest in Ukraine will also embolden China for a possible invasion of Taiwan), all the while there is absolutely no proof that anything will change in regards to Palestine with him as a president. 

I'm sorry but whatever argument you're trying to make is confusing. "Europe's future" - these are American elections, not European? Isn't your whole point that Palestine should not be on voters' minds because it's thousands of miles away? Ukraine is as far from the American mind as Gaza.

You seemingly argue America has a duty to *prevent* harm from occurring outside its borders that should influence people's votes, but then argue that the harm America actively *contributes* outside of its borders should not influence people's votes.

Ukraine vs Russia - It's a noble cause to want to help Ukraine, but also... America didn't invade Ukraine. Russia invaded Ukraine. America isn't sending Russia weapons. America isn't sending Russia military vehicles. America has sanctioned Russia. Harm that occurs to Ukrainians is on Russia no matter what America can or can no longer eventually provide in defense.

Taiwan vs China - You're arguing that a supposed invasion that hasn't happened yet, that China says Is not going to happen, and which America has already actively preemptively sanctioned China for (most would say these sanctions are driven for economic reasons and not the virtuous reasons American politicians cite) is more urgent than... 35,000 dead Palestinians? 

Palestine vs Israel - America has not only cut-off and largely defunded most prominent Palestinian organizations of aid, but is quite literally actively arming, training, and coordinating intelligence with Israel in their genocide on Palestinians. American bombs kill Palestinians. American tanks roll over and crush Palestinian bodies. Joe Biden is as equally responsible for the under-counted estimate of 35,000+ Palestinians who Israel has killed since October 7th as his close ally Netanyahu is. 

This is why your argument makes no sense. You're arguing that harm and tragedy - that America bares no responsibility for - should hold more urgency than the people we're actually responsible for killing and whose blood is literally on our hands, funded by our tax dollars.

This is why neo-cons should be fuming over Biden's Israel flub. Because this contradiction exposes all other US foreign policy as incoherent. 

The contradiction of America being a co-conspirator in the genocide of the Palestinian people invalidates any claim the US has to whatever "international world order" it says exists.

Edited by Communion
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Communion said:

Tea. People need to understand just how poorly Biden's presidency has gone domestically and how his personal conservatism has led Democrats to creep to the far-right on topics like healthcare, immigration, and more. 

I hope you didn't hurt yourself making these reaches. 

Frankly,

1. The US is splitting the work load of processing asylum claims between US and Latin American countries.
  2. Medicaid is a means tested program. They expanded eligibility for it temporarily due to Covid. That expansion could not continue forever.
  3. Americans of all political backgrounds and races support crime free cities

6 minutes ago, Kassi said:

I hope you didn't hurt yourself making these reaches. 

Frankly,

1. The US is splitting the work load of processing asylum claims between US and Latin American countries.
  2. Medicaid is a means tested program. They expanded eligibility for it temporarily due to Covid. That expansion could not continue forever.
  3. Americans of all political backgrounds and races support crime free cities

1. I know you hate migrants but America doesn't get to just violate Mexico's borders (and international law) by trying to forcefully deport non-Mexican nationals into Mexico, a sovereign nation who has its own border laws. Let alone downplay the reality that most Central Americans traveling into the US through Mexico come from nations whose economies have been de-stabilized due to American economic policy. 
  2. The COVID-era protections that Biden called on Democrats to end for a PR boost prevented unethical dis-enrollment for things like incomplete or missing paper work; the majority of those who got to enroll into Medicaid during COVID and who have been dis-enrolled are due to things like clerical, administrative issues (like missing paper work), not because tens of millions of Americans are too rich to qualify. 
  3. The Democratic base believe crime is a product of economic uncertainty and want welfare policies and community intervention to prevent, not more cops.

I think someone needs just have it pinned to your profile your post declaring that Palestinians "brought this upon themselves" to know why you defend Biden's far-right policies.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, makeme said:

This privileged **** I hate her 

33 minutes ago, makeme said:

Jane Fonda ended her :clap3:

Is there a reason why - despite both being rich celebrities - you respect Jane Fonda's pro-Biden opinion as a white woman but degrade a woman of color who grew up poor and doing sex work like Cardi despite not having an actual reason for how her concerns over the harm Biden perpetuates are unfounded?

Are rich white women who vote for Democrats less privileged than rich women of color who don't vote?

Is Jane Fonda not just as privileged when she advocates for a Biden presidency despite her privilege protecting her from the mass deportations, erosion of healthcare, and continued funding of an ever-growing police state that Biden has championed? 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

Is there a reason why - despite both being rich celebrities - you respect Jane Fonda's pro-Biden opinion as a white woman but degrade a woman of color who grew up poor and doing sex work like Cardi despite not having an actual reason for how her concerns over the harm Biden perpetuates are unfounded?

Are rich white women who vote for Democrats less privileged than rich women of color who don't vote?

Is Jane Fonda not just as privileged when she advocates for a Biden presidency despite her privilege protecting her form the mass deportations, erosion of healthcare, and continued funding of an ever-growing police state that Biden has championed? 

Nope no reason at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Some of yall really must be privileged and uneducated on more than one sociopolitical issue. Such bad moral stance.

Luckily I assume many here cant even vote in the US. So happy I live amongst and educated area and the internet isn't real life. 

Cardi's an irresponsible fool who stands against her own peoples livelihoods it seems. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, makeme said:

Nope no reason at all. 

So you believe rich white women who do vote for Democrats are less privileged than women of color who do not vote?

Because that's the only way to transcribe Cardi's position as rooted in privilege and Jane Fonda's as not.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Communion said:

So you believe rich white women who do vote for Democrats are less privileged than women of color who do not vote?

Because that's the only way to transcribe Cardi's position as rooted in privilege and Jane Fonda's as not.

Of course not. 

Edited by makeme
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, beautiful player said:

Silence is complicity. Considering that both candidates have the same stance on Israel, refusing to vote left is a betrayal to all the other marginalised groups who will suffer from a hard right Trump administration. It's selfish and destructive. Do better.

Genuinely impressed at this attempt by a European user whose post history reveals a past of far-right views to co-opt and copy specifically American progressive language. It's just astounding to see people who previously scorned progressives now steal their rhetoric.

It's unfortunately betrayed that the only people it'd work on would 1) catch the incongruence as referring to Biden as "the left" and 2) such attempts don't grasp the culture of how voting works in the US (likelihood to vote = more privilege) by trying to infiltrate the discussion from an explicitly foreign perspective.

But it's good to know that right-wing liberals in the West  know their ideology is dying and have to now steal the language of the America left to try and survive!

It's just that photos of blown up Palestinian children are more convincing than any attempts to wax poetic.

Edited by Communion
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

On Immigration

The US is 3 million asylum cases behind and not catching up. Without congressional action in the form of updated laws and revamped resources, the administration has to balance real asylum claims with a border overrun by economic migrants (which is totally valid, but simply not what the asylum process was built to handle).

On Healthcare

The unwinding process is being worked out. It's an ongoing effort with resources being deployed to direct those who no longer qualify for Medicaid to options on the ACA exchanges — while unilaterally extending state waivers to grant continuous coverage through at least June 2025. 

spacer.png

On Crime

The Democratic base wants COPS. Good cops, yes. But cops nonetheless. Only leftists try to launder their radical anti-police beliefs thru the "community intervention" academic speak.

On Humanitarian Aid

Nothing but love for innocent Palestinians suffering as a result of Hamas's ambitions. Glad they will be getting the help they need.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, makeme said:

Of course not. 

Then it's jarring to attack Cardi and argue her position is informed by some privilege to try and discredit her views.

You're free to vote for whoever you want - even Cardi said she has no interest in persuading anyone's vote - but it's incredibly dishonest to try and free yourself of the privilege required to vote for Biden by projecting privilege onto those criticizing Biden for the harm he's perpetuating.

We're now nearly a decade removed from 2016 and people seemingly still don't get the "privilege" rhetoric doesn't work for the cause of forcing people into voting for Democrats.

Privilege correlates with increased likelihood to vote because rich politicians prioritize privileged Americans, no matter Democrats or Republicans.

By every metric we understand in American progressive discourse, "privilege" is those wealthy enough to trust Democrats to make life better.

Edited by Communion
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ForgottenSoul said:

Way to just lie when Joe has said stuff against Israel and does want a ceasefire, people who say they are both the same and are both bad so no real difference is just advocating for trump lets be real. 

No he is not as bad as Trump and anyone who thinks that will be in for a rude awakening.

Also, Palestine is not the only thing that exists and Trump is worse when it comes to LGBTQ etc.. 

He want a ceasefire but actively funds the side who refuses to stop the ceasefire and says they aren't doing anything wrong ("there is no genocide") and has made zero comments about the censorship of Palestine protests in and out American campuses 🤪

There are other issues at play but acting like Trump has the capabilities to roll back most if not all protections for queer people in addition to the fact that it's still theory crafting and has yet to be demonstrated if Trump would even support Israel to the same extent (if at all).

And this is an active contradiction to queers supporting Palestine because if you support Palestine so much then why are you so adamant about voting for Biden who is hellbent on funding Israel who actively blackmails queer Palestinians and then kills them? Lol. Biden seems to only care about the queer community only if they're American because he's actively being a tyrant and a homophobe towards queer Arabs overseas. 

2 hours ago, Kassi said:

Thank you for saying this. :clap3:

These people think they come off as morally superior to everybody else just because they've designated themselves as single issue voters — and their single issue happens to be an ethnic conflict occurring 3000 miles halfway across the world. 

You'd think Palestine is the center of the damn universe the way they talk about it.

Meanwhile, there is a whole lot else going on around the world. And frankly issues right here in America that deserve attention more than some Middle Easterners who won't make peace going on 100 years now.

I don't feel morally superior whatsoever. If you want to vote then you can vote, there's not really any harm done in it. irdc. But voting especially in this instance between Biden or Trump has no moral superiority and trying to shame someone out of voting also has no moral superiority either. 

53 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

I'm voting for Joe Biden. Thankfully I live in a beautiful, educated city, who also endorses officially, Joe Biden.

I care about the futures and livelihoods of poc, especially the black community and I care too much about women and reproductive rights.

I personally denounce racism and white supremacists, and can't believe so many in this forum would endorse that, because if you're not voting for Joe that is what are you doing. I won't be a part of that side of history. 

Embarrassing to not vote.  What a lack of morals and selective, blind outrage.:suburban:

Assuming this is unironic, gloating about your worthless vote and how educated you are on a pop forum is one of the most pathetic things to do i'm not going to hold you. And you evidently are not denouncing racism when you're voting for someone who is funding racism overseas in a war. 

Posturing on a pop forum though is still so wild. 

Edited by dinorhino
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Communion said:

Then it's jarring to attack Cardi and argue her position is informed by some privilege to try and discredit her views.

You're free to vote for whoever you want - even Cardi said she has no interest in persuading anyone's vote - but it's incredibly dishonest to try and free yourself of the privilege required to vote for Biden by projecting privilege onto those criticizing Biden for the harm he's perpetuating.

We're now nearly a decade removed from 2016 and people seemingly still don't get the "privilege" rhetoric doesn't work for the cause of forcing people into voting for Democrats.

Privilege correlates with increased likelihood to vote because rich politicians prioritize privileged Americans, no matter Democrats or Republicans.

By every metric we understand in American progressive discourse, "privilege" is those wealthy enough to trust Democrats to make life better.

I said what I said

doja-cat-doja.gif

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

12 minutes ago, dinorhino said:

But voting especially in this instance between Biden or Trump has no moral superiority and trying to shame someone out of voting also has no moral superiority either. 

Wrong. Voting against an authoritarian does in fact make you morally superior.

Not voting dooms everyone (Palestinians included) to a worse fate.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Revolution said:

That's a vote for Trump

The usual people downvoting can't take the truth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Not voting dooms everyone (Palestinians included) to a worse fate.

this is your QED? Trump will be worse because you said so?

I'm going off of what has actually been demonstrated, not just theory crafting fuelled by biases (mind you, I don't like Trump either). 

You lot can go on about feeling morally superior but it's still objectively wrong in addition to the fact that your individual vote still means nothing so more power to you if you want to get on your high horse about voting for someone funding a genocide overseas instead of protecting his own citizens ig 

56 minutes ago, dinorhino said:

Assuming this is unironic, gloating about your worthless vote and how educated you are on a pop forum is one of the most pathetic things to do i'm not going to hold you. And you evidently are not denouncing racism when you're voting for someone who is funding racism overseas in a war. 

Posturing on a pop forum though is still so wild. 

The irony in this entire comment has me rolling. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

The irony in this entire comment has me rolling. Thank you!

I don't think you're very aware of what irony is and you're just desperate for some comeback and misused a word in the process

• Haha 1

Just now, dinorhino said:

I don't think you're very aware of what irony is and you're just desperate for some comeback and misused a word in the process

Sis you wanna talk about someone else so called posturing on a pop forum, you're on here typing entire essays of meaninglessness bs, make it stop!!!!!

Do you denounce racism and care for the livelihoods of poc, women,  and the Trans community in the USA user @dinorhino??? Its a yes or no question btw.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Afterglow said:

Sis you wanna talk about someone else so called posturing on a pop forum, you're on here typing entire essays of meaninglessness bs, make it stop!!!!!

The most I'm doing is defending Cardi~anyone who feels like her because the whole 'vote dem no matter what' schtick has lost its last leg with Biden's new antics. You can vote for whoever you want since as I said, idrc. I'm not acting better than people who vote for Biden (or vote at all) but I am calling out people who are saying someone has to vote in this instance on a moral basis. 

This is also a nuanced topic about politics, the responses are not going to be curt and everyone's making long posts including you. My longest post was responding to three different people compared to your monologue of a very similar length gloating about how much better you are than other people and how educated you are but yet you're complaining about reading a few sentences and don't even know what irony means and how to use the word properly. 

Now you're double posting trying to get my attention because I hit a nerve. A hit dog will holler I guess. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dinorhino said:

I'm going off of what has actually been demonstrated, not just theory crafting fuelled by biases (mind you, I don't like Trump either). 

No, you're not. You're taking intellectual shortcuts to reach a conclusion that fits your pre-existing anti-Biden narrative. In other words, you're showing your own confirmation bias.

Just one comment ago, you said:

"[It] has yet to be demonstrated if Trump would even support Israel to the same extent (if at all)."

However, before Congress passed the supplemental Israel package last month, the arms agreement that Biden was working with to ship weapons was signed by Trump in 2017. Trump also moved the US-Israel embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, stopped funding Palestinian aid, and more recently, he and his party have been adamant about Israel needing to "finish the job" in Gaza.

What else would you need to know?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kassi said:

On Immigration

The US is 3 million asylum cases behind and not catching up. Without congressional action

This is double-speak. No one believes you. You're shouting hysterical lies into a void. It's embarrassing. The answer to America's resource-restricted immigration system is expanding resources to it - not turning off the valve. "Without congressional action-" Biden is literally pushing for Congress to act by ending legal asylum as we know it.

This is just mumbo-jumbo. You're not saying anything coherent:

1 hour ago, Kassi said:

The unwinding process is being worked out....options on the ACA exchanges

Millions of people were kicked off Medicaid - by Biden's doing - because the removal of protections allowed for states to once again kick people off for administrative errors. "Options to buy private insurance subsidized by the ACA" doesn't mean anything for people who cannot afford to buy private insurance and whose are only now off Medicaid due to administrative failure. This was a explicit choice to kick millions of poor Americans off.

It's genuinely not productive for those who parrot defenses of Biden to do so while being both unread and uninformed on how policy and politics actually works.

Edited by Communion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.