Peru 🇵🇪 officially classifies Trans & Intersex People as mentally ill

Sergi91

3 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

And this is the way the western countries will move soon :rip:

Doubtful. In Latin America most of the political parties are socially conservative, even the ones that are far left on economics and workers rights stuff. You don't find many in the west that go that far left and aren't socially liberal. 

I didn't know being intersex was psychological 

This is so unfair to the intersex people, wtf. Imagine being labelled as "mentally ill" for being born :skull:

• Thanks 6

10 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

you're literally physically born intersex. how is that logically "mentally" ill? :redface:

#TransRightAreHumanRights

@Carla Rosón whats the downvote for? do you not know what intersex is or are you transphobic? 

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=intersex

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

WTF Peru :biblio:

BTW, stop generalizing Latin America as if every country was the same.

Some countries in Latin America have more LGTB+ rights than the USA.

Edited by ttsmu
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Yog said:

I hate society :toofunny3:

''society'' didn't do this, the government/state did and we should hate those instead! 

• Thanks 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was 'gender dysphoria' they listed as a mental illness and they claimed it was so people can undergo gender reassignment surgery via health insurance? :dancehall: 

• Like 2

sad and extremely disturbing

i thought peruvians were more forward thinking 

I feel so bad for trans people everywhere :weeps: the amount of hate lately and weaponizing against them is insane. I hope they can get out of the country but I'm starting to think it's bad everywhere for them. the intersex part doesn't even add up :deadbanana2:

51 minutes ago, Carla Rosón said:

Sorry I misread. I thought you said everyone is born intersex :rip:

:ahh:

Disgusting law

Posted (edited)

Obviously the headline sounds horrific, but after reading more I think it's possible we're misconstruing it. An insurance regulation was passed that includes transgender identity as a mental health condition. This more or less designates transgender people as a protected class in the eyes of the national healthcare system, and it seems could pave the way for insurance-covered transition care.

People are reacting to the harsh-sounding wording of the reporting, but it seems to be a misreading (either accidental or intentional) by the press.

Edited by PoisonPill

3 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

Obviously the headline sounds horrific, but after reading more I think it's possible we're misconstruing it. An insurance regulation was passed that includes transgender identity as a mental health condition. This more or less designates transgender people as a protected class in the eyes of the national healthcare system, and it seems could pave the way for insurance-covered transition care.

People are reacting to the harsh-sounding wording of the reporting, but it seems to be a misreading (either accidental or intentional) by the press.

This report says that Peru's healthcare system already enshrines this access via universal access? And that the same insurance regulation deems homosexuality a disease?

On 5/16/2024 at 3:33 AM, ZeroSuitBritney said:

Brazil and Chile would never!

Idk about Chile but Brazil would, trust me :toofunny2:

OT: F*** this

• Like 1

My country will always be a MASSIVE FLOP regarding LGBTQ+ rights unless something drastic happens. There's this HUGE cultural divide between Metropolitan Lima, which is located in its capital state and the rest of the country. Therefore, LGBTQ+ rights is not on anyone's agenda as a priority because 1. most people in the country don't even think it's an important issue to address (besides the fact that they are also very uninformed and religiously conservative); and 2. most of the legislative body in Congress is also super conservative and catholic. Unfortunately, I lost hope a long time ago. 

We have an amazing culinary industry though! :'(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.