Dua admits being an astrology weirdo

Space Cowboy

I find it ironic how astrology is seen as entertainment and not taken seriously, and yet religion is completely normalized. :skull: 

Believing in a god that only exists in people's spiritual faith is ok, but believing in planets is where we draw the line. :gaycat7:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• SweetOreosOfHeaven

• AndThenTheCocaine

• kataraqueen

people actually believing in astrology  :redface:

I got a therapist, but I also got my chart read in depth :michael:

Astrology is fun, and some of the worlds most powerful people had astrologers.

6 pages of this ****

tumblr_mc1ul1Ahiq1qbh0eio4_250.gifv

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

1.) The fact that someone on the first page started immediately lying on how celestial bodies impact other large celestial sized phenomena and tried applying that to human brains. Just NASTY; and the same 5 people upvoting anything they said even if it was factually untrue is NASTY.

2.) Astrology is just like any other religion, faith-based. There isn't any evidence for it and we shouldn't move forward with it as our only or primary source for understanding, diagnosing, and approaching mental health or anything actually important. It should remain a personal choice that people should ADD onto their lives, its supposed to spice life up.

3.) There's nothing wrong with following Astrology, y'all need to be so serious. I don't get why some of y'all in here who are Muslim, Christian, Jewish, etc bashing people who follow Astrology and laughing at them when they keep misusing science and screaming they have proof. Babe...thats the whole point of faith, YOU DO IT TOO. It isn't meant to make sense nor should it be enforced on everyone. Astrologist in fact is less harmful than all of the dominating religions across the world for fucks sake. Leave these people alone.

Edited by Namie-Knowles
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Post Malone said:

Her rush releasing a personality in recent weeks after realizing having a fanbase is more effective than promo only

:suburban:

"rush releasing a personality" is WILD :deadbanana2:

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

This explains the horrible rolout for RO.

-"should we release Illusion now?:

-astrologist: "yeah, Mercury's moon is in the perfect position"

-Dula: "let's do it"

:suburban:

Edited by brazil
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Cesar said:

if she would've said she receives her guidance from a priest or some sort of religion. y'all wouldn't have a problem. =

That is just a blatant lie to justify your own delusions

17 hours ago, swissman said:

Astrology would say that I can't let an argument go and love to engage in debate.

Was astrology correct?

Biology says that when contradicted peoples brains go into a fight or flight response. You think that has more to do with it or was it because you were born on a certain day of a certain month in a certain year based on a proven innacurate and outdated star chart?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ecstasy said:

Biology says that when contradicted peoples brains go into a fight or flight response. You think that has more to do with it or was it because you were born on a certain day of a certain month in a certain year based on a proven innacurate and outdated star chart?

Yes.

Because it's not the fact that someone goes into a "fight" response at all, it's the fact that someone won't let go of that fight response even after it's clearly not needed any further and is serving them no use. I said "can't let an argument go and love to engage in debates". I did not say "isn't it weird that when someone contradicts me I want to respond?" The key factor here is not that I started arguing, but that I wasn't letting the argument go. And...not everyone is this way, as evidence by the fact that I've been arguing with a lot of people here and have contributed more than double the posts of anyone else.

Edited by swissman

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Namie-Knowles said:

1.) The fact that someone on the first page started immediately lying on how celestial bodies impact other large celestial sized phenomena and tried applying that to human brains. Just NASTY; and the same 5 people upvoting anything they said even if it was factually untrue is NASTY.

Tides are a lie? Tides are factually untrue?

The point of that analogy was to show that there could easily be a possible way that the celestial bodies can affect humans, considering the moon affects the oceans. Unless, of course, you think that's a lie, or the earth is flat or whatever.

I've been very clear in this thread that nothing is proven about astrology but merely that the arrogance in flatly saying "it is factually all fake" is a bit stupid. I know there is a lack of evidence and the burden of proof and yada yada yada but there's a difference between saying "we have no evidence of a unicorn on earth, they don't seem to have ever been real" and "there is no way in any circumstance whatsoever that a unicorn could be real".

Edited by swissman

Oh not another star who has succumbed to the trendy religion.  Dua you were supposed to be the intelligent one…

12 minutes ago, swissman said:

we have no evidence of a unicorn on earth, they don't seem to have ever been real" and "there is no way in any circumstance whatsoever that a unicorn could be real".

That's the same for every religion, astrology is no different.  You want to make connections to things that are not related, have never been related, and have absolutely zero scientific history of relating.  Astrology is not special.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

She put astrology and therapists in same sentence 🤦, good lord this is

so embarrassing. No wonder her third album is going down. 

• Thumbs Down 2

I'm astrologist myself and I tell Leo's , to stop believing in astrology and focus on your music carrier. 

• Thumbs Down 2

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Archetype said:

That's the same for every religion, astrology is no different.  You want to make connections to things that are not related, have never been related, and have absolutely zero scientific history of relating.  Astrology is not special.  

Yes, I know. You're not telling me anything I don't know. And yet astrology IS different than religion. I made a post outlining the many ways it is. The only similarity is its use of faith in taking it to be true.

In regards to the words you quoted, I don't believe in many religions or beliefs, but I'm not arrogant enough to personally say with 100% scientific certainty they are incorrect for thinking that way. I may think it doesn't make sense. I can note their lack of evidence. I can outline how absurd it would be if that were true. I can try and poke holes in the things brought forward as proof, but one cannot say with 100% certainty that it could never be true, if I have no actual evidence for that myself. And I think they I return should be able to admit they don't know with 100% certainty that it is true, even if they believe it.

Edited by swissman

9 minutes ago, swissman said:

Yes, I know. You're not telling me anything I don't know. And yet astrology IS different than religion. I made a post outlining the many ways it is. The only similarity is its use of faith in taking it to be true.

In regards to the words you quoted, I don't believe in many religions or beliefs, but I'm not arrogant enough to personally say with 100% scientific certainty they are incorrect for thinking that way. I may think it doesn't make sense. I can note their lack of evidence. I can outline how absurd it would be if that were true. I can try and poke holes in the things brought forward as proof, but one cannot say with 100% certainty that it could never be true, if I have no actual evidence for that myself. And I think they I return should be able to admit they don't know with 100% certainty that it is true, even if they believe it.

Well then we should follow all religions and faiths cause we're also not 100% sure they're incorrect 

5 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

Well then we should follow all religions and faiths cause we're also not 100% sure they're incorrect 

If that's what you got from what I said, go right ahead and do that. But that is not what I meant whatsoever.

2 hours ago, swissman said:

are you the ocean? are you a large body of water? do you feel the water ebb and flow inside you like the ocean does? :redface:

1 hour ago, velocity said:

are you the ocean? are you a large body of water? do you feel the water ebb and flow inside you like the ocean does? :redface:

sdhjkgj this is fully giving

ik6UByh.png

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, swissman said:

The point of that analogy was to show that there could easily be a possible way that the celestial bodies can affect humans, considering the moon affects the oceans. Unless, of course, you think that's a lie, or the earth is flat or whatever.

I've been very clear in this thread that nothing is proven about astrology but merely that the arrogance in flatly saying "it is factually all fake" is a bit stupid. I know there is a lack of evidence and the burden of proof and yada yada yada but there's a difference between saying "we have no evidence of a unicorn on earth, they don't seem to have ever been real" and "there is no way in any circumstance whatsoever that a unicorn could be real".

You've been explained this concept several times over and since you didn't logic yourself into a faith-based system there's nothing I can say to logic you out of it. You believe it's true so it's true and there's nothing I can say or explain thats going to change that. Astrology is a harmless faith based practice and shouldn't be ostracized or persecuted but like all faiths it should have no place outside of certain communities or those who personally practice it. Dua shouldn't be called a "weirdo" when practicing Astrology is just like actively participating in a religious belief. Which the majority of people across the planet do, so Astrology girlies shouldn't be bashed. They aren't hurting anyone in most cases.

Edited by Namie-Knowles

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, velocity said:

Are tides real, yes or no? Does the moon's gravity have an effect on anything on earth? Yes or no.

All I'm saying is if we know these things to be factual, there's at least a sliver of possibility that it could affect us too. That's simply it. A possibility. I'm not sure why the mere presence of a possibility is so much of a big deal here.

It is a possible answer to the common question: how could the planets POSSIBLY affect us?! Is it an unproven theory? Yes. Of course. I've never claimed otherwise.

Edited by swissman

32 minutes ago, swissman said:

Are tides real, yes or no? Does the moon's gravity have an effect on anything on earth? Yes or no.

All I'm saying is if we know these things to be factual, there's at least a sliver of possibility that it could affect us too. That's simply it. A possibility. I'm not sure why the mere presence of a possibility is so much of a big deal here.

It is a possible answer to the common question: how could the planets POSSIBLY affect us?! Is it an unproven theory? Yes. Of course. I've never claimed otherwise.

For the love of god please read about what the burden of proof is, it's already been explained to you multiple times. You offering "there's a chance" does not prove something's existence, you have to either prove it exists or not, aka it has to be falsifiable. Saying something "doesn't ~not exist~ maybe" is not an answer. You cannot test that under the scientific method. You are making the claim, you have to prove it exists. We are not burdened to do so because we are not making the claim of something existing.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

28 minutes ago, Headlock said:

For the love of god please read about what the burden of proof is, it's already been explained to you multiple times. You offering "there's a chance" does not prove something's existence, you have to either prove it exists or not, aka it has to be falsifiable. Saying something "doesn't ~not exist~ maybe" is not an answer. You cannot test that under the scientific method. You are making the claim, you have to prove it exists. We are not burdened to do so because we are not making the claim of something existing.

1. I'm aware what the burden of proof is.
  2. I have not said "there's a chance" = something exists.
  3. I have said "there's a chance" = "there's a chance"
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

people will say astrology is "stupid" and then believe in God. at the least those planets and stars actually exist 

edit: for the record I don't think astrology is a real science or anything of the sort but i know for a fact that some of y'all mocking it are religious and I'm gonna need you to get off your high horse.

Edited by John Slayne

1 hour ago, swissman said:
  1. I'm aware what the burden of proof is.
  2. I have not said "there's a chance" = something exists.
  3. I have said "there's a chance" = "there's a chance"

That is not how logic works :rip: I can say "there's a chance" that I can fly, I just haven't been able to yet. That doesn't make it possible :suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.