Let's bet: How will the world end?

TROPICUM

Well  

39 members have voted

1. 1. I think the world will end because…

• Technology/AI/Robots
    • Space/Meteor/UFO
    • Disease/Pandemic/Virus
    • Global Warming/Weather/Natural Disasters
    • Conflicts/World War III/Nuclear Armageddon
    • Other

If you had to put a bet on it, what will catch us faster? What will get us first? 

I think the world will outlive humans but my favorite way to be wiped out would be like in the movie Melancholia :heart:

DLw6.gif

• Thanks 1

i feel like it's going to be some sort of disease that makes reproduction impossible 

• Like 1

By the current state of things, I bet our civilization will end due to a mix between: Political conflict + Climate change effects + Pandemics, which will result in mass migration, famine and loss of ressources. 

Maybe not the end of humanity, but the end of our current era. 

As for the Earth-the planet, I think it will keep on until major phenomena happens in our solar system. 

• Like 2

History has shown that the Earth reinvents itself. It's showing us this time with increased heat, flooding destroying land, and worsening storms. 

Climate will destroy civilization. 

• Like 1

Marina releasing another bomb à la Love + Fear

• Like 1

I'm guessing the planet itself will end when the sun runs out of hydrogen to fuse into helium and thus enters its red giant phase (where it will swell and could swallow the earth as a result). 

Now humanity? Either climate change, technology, or war. Hell, probably a bit of all three. And I'm predicting we as a species vanish well before the earth itself does. 

• Like 3

I am going to try ranking the poll options from most to least likely imo. 
1. Conflicts/World War III/Nuclear Armageddon (This happening would wipe humanity out in a matter of minutes). 
2. Global Warming/Weather/Natural Disasters (Would take longer to kill all of humanity off than nuclear war would). 

3. Disease/Pandemic/Virus (Covid showed that we are grossly unprepared for pandemics, and pandemics have wiped out much of humanity before. However, there's always going to be someone that has immunity for some reason so I think the chance of one disease killing everyone is pretty low). 
4. Technology/AI/Robots (I think AI's biggest threat is leading to mass unemployment/collapse which would exacerbate unrest and lead to more war). 

5. Space/Meteor/UFO (We have enough tech to deflect an asteroid's path and no alien civilization that can traverse the galaxy is going to need us or our planet for anything. And I think humanity will be long gone by the time the sun runs out of hydrogen). 

• Like 1

definitely something related to the sun

How will I know if I won the bet? This is a scam!

Release of R9 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sun's expansion 

probably another Pandemic to remove human population for the earth it self yeah the sun.

32 minutes ago, Tusk said:

History has shown that the Earth reinvents itself. It's showing us this time with increased heat, flooding destroying land, and worsening storms. 

Climate will destroy civilization. 

this for sure, we weren't meant to be around for as long as we have been tbh, earth will reclaim and rebirth into a new era eventually.

Humanity will end soon anyway. The Sun will explode. Nothing lasts forever.

People gonna listen to the new Jelena Karleusa's album super loud so the planet gonna explode

You guys do know that it will take the sun billions of years to explode/expand enough to end the earth, right? :rip:

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The world won't end. AI will create a utopia for everyone and will even find a solution to the universe collapsing and the sun exploding

People will find this unrealistic, but it's not any more unrealistic than the fact we're here in the first place

Edited by Saintlor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

word of atrls existence gets out and the world comes together and ends it

• Like 1

We'll have space hotels and homes in the next 20 years, humanity will survive. The Earth itself will only be "ended" with a Galactic invasion, but a natural ending when the Sun is dying sounds more realistic, although by that time I'd assume we'd be able to move the planet if need be. 

• Like 1

climate change / global warming, etc i fear. i think humans go far before the earth does though

Hopefully alien invasion cause we haven't had one of those yet.

Error 503 will make a massive comeback and the entire Earth will explode

• Haha 1

Zombies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.