Google IO Launch - AI text to video, real-time translation, video recognition + more

Delirious

Posted (edited)

They snapped and ate up OpenAI. Go here to see all the announcements: https://blog.google/inside-google/message-ceo/google-io-2024-keynote-sundar-pichai/

Now sure Open's GPT4o is more impressive but it won't be long before Google catches up. I always love to see competition but what I really love is how Google is releasing open source models.

Edited by Delirious
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you Google for open sourcing a vision model and Gemma 2 coming next month!

Now we wait for the performance of GPT5 and Llama 3 405B to unravel.

Edited by Delirious
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I used both for a long time and Gemini was performing sooooo much better than ChatGPT and it literally made me never use ChatGPT again. So i'm not surprised they're coming up with something better again :clap3:

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

I used both for a long time and Gemini was performing sooooo much better than ChatGPT and it literally made me never use ChatGPT again. So i'm not surprised they're coming up with something better again :clap3:

1 minute ago, Hephaestus said:

This is incredible, wow :eek:

The text to video will be integrated for YouTube shorts. I'm guessing they're going to shove these new products down every Google product.

But because of Google releasing open models, we wont have to worry about jobs being taken because OpenAI won't be edge anymore.

Edited by Delirious
  • Like 1

How long until we can make the perfect Bloody Mary music video that Gaga never bothered to make?

bwMHSQX.gif

• Haha 3

Awesome stuff happening in AI/ML. But good god this year's I/O was probably the most boring one yet. I get that AI is the next big marketing term and Google genuinely has been working towards this for over a decade now, but the conference felt so monotone. 

• Like 1

How long until they're exposed for faking their demos yet once again? OpenAI really has them scrambling :wanda:

2 minutes ago, Delirious said:

The text to video will be integrated for YouTube shorts. I'm guessing they're going to shove these new products down every Google product.

But because of Google releasing open models, we wont have to worry about jobs being taken because OpenAI won't be edge anymore.

Watch them start using Veo to generate videos too for audio only content (e.g. lyric videos) too

And tea, thank mother Google for open models :suburban:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, airplane said:

How long until they're exposed for faking their demos yet once again? OpenAI really has them scrambling :wanda:

Oh I see we have an OpenAI (not so open are they) bootlicker here :gaycat5:

Just now, shyboi said:

openai keeps chewing them up

Oop we've got another one in the wild. Won't be long before Open source kills off openai in no time :heart::coffee2:

Did my current date wash today incoming

bwMHSQX.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Delirious said:

Oop we've got another one in the wild. Won't be long before Open source kills off openai in no time :heart::coffee2:

good luck booking that stage you speak of bestiana 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shyboi said:

good luck booking that stage you speak of bestiana 

It's already happening. Meta will release an open source multimodal model just like GPT4o in 2 months.

And they will release Llama 3 405B which is basically better than GPT4 in 2 months as well. All open source :giraffe:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Delirious said:

It's already happening. Meta will release an open source multimodal model just like GPT4o in 2 months.

And they will release Llama 3 405B which is basically better than GPT4 in 2 months as well. All open source :giraffe:

uh oh, i didn't realize we have a micro mini beta AI influencer here y'all 

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

Google was feeling threatened :clap3:

snapped and ate up = had a cute presentation the day after

the email/photos searrch is pretty cool though :clap3:

52 minutes ago, shyboi said:

openai keeps chewing them up

as soon as apple or google makes their fully integrated AI models available on phones it is literally over for them... because it's integrated and secured by them, they'd be able to access user data and AI will literally consume you as a person, do everything for you... no matter how advanced openai or others get, they'll never be allowed access to user data like that so their days are limited i fear :redface:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

as soon as apple or google makes their fully integrated AI models available on phones it is literally over for them... because it's integrated and secured by them, they'd be able to access user data and AI will literally consume you as a person, do everything for you... no matter how advanced openai or others get, they'll never be allowed access to user data like that so their days are limited i fear :redface:

Well according to rumours, apple signed a contract with OpenAI and ditched Google last minute.

But it's ok. Google has search, YouTube, Gmail etc and Meta has Instagram, WhatsApp etc so they can shove their models down everyone's throats. Apple is the loser here I guess

8 hours ago, shyboi said:

uh oh, i didn't realize we have a micro mini beta AI influencer here y'all 

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

Sis why are you such an OpenAI bootlicker? I smell something sus 🤢

I can't with the them and their naming convention :rip:

6 hours ago, Delirious said:

Sis why are you such an OpenAI bootlicker? I smell something sus 🤢

naaa, i honestly don't care or know that much

you do seem very knowledgeable and invested tho 

11 hours ago, Nintendoes said:

I can't with the them and their naming convention :rip:

Ikr it's corny. Bard was a great name though 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.