• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• More Than A Melody

• Kimbra

• Rose

• Into The Void

5 minutes ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

And Taylor?

She has one of the strongest narratives in the industry.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Queerbaiting since no other relevant main pop boy will do it 

spacer.png

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

21 minutes ago, GentleEarthquake said:

spacer.png

Do you know who Benito is

• Like 1

I guess his artistic narrative is getting the f words pressed and he's doing amazing, it seems :clap3:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

His whole is aesthetic is Bowie/Jagger/[insert 70s rockstar] as if it was made by Zara

What do you even mean by this?

Bowie and Jagger had completely different aesthetics from each other. Like, dramatically different. Only someone profoundly ignorant about Bowie AND Jagger would say this.

You think Bowie and Jagger aesthetics were just... some flashy outfits? Is that what you think "aesthetic" means? LMAO. The way y'all tell on yourselves as the culturally inept bunch of gheys on a forum that's fully shallow and with the only purpose of discussing current pop gurls is really funny.

Harry's outfits is where it begins and ends, and he calls back to them as an homage, just like Dua does when she calls back on Cher. It's just clothes. And he fully acknowledges that and mentions those people very time he talks about his style choices, so it doesn't even make sense to claim that he's "stealing" their aesthetic or whatever.

He doesn't try to portray a rockstar lifestyle. He has made it extremely clear that he's 100% sober when he's touring. He said he doesn't party. He's vegan, does yoga, and pilates, and runs daily. Since going solo (8 years ago) he's had 3 serious relationships and 1 hookup that we know of. So his lifestyle is literally the opposite to that of a 70s rockstar. His music isn't similar. His interviews aren't similar. His public appearances aren't similar. What on earth are you even saying?

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 5

i have to agree a bit with you in terms of his music not being all that in any way. I still like it alot tho, all three of his albums are solid pieces of work, with FL being the best ofc. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

I mean, he hasn't posted on social media since November 2023, toured since July 2023, appeared publicly since February 2023, released music since May 2022, and yet, he has two songs on Spotify Global, is #30 on Spotify monthly listeners (with no collabs and 37 tracks total), and here you are, talking about him. In May 2024.

Clearly he's doing something right if he has so many people pressed and so much success two years after releasing his last album.

It's not a conversation we can have on this forum, which is musically illiterate. When Charlie Puth and Shawn Mendes write a song like Fine Line or Sign of the Times, we can have this conversation again. Because musically speaking, composition wise, we're talking completely different leagues. I'm talking hiding the Amen chord progression in a song about not being able to enter Heaven after committing suicide.

ATRL is not the spot to talk about syncopated chord progressions, or stacking vocals, or the purpose of minor/mayor keys in song's moods, or internal rhymes. Y'all do not know how to appreciate an artist who tracks the luthier who made Joni Mitchell's dulcimer (I doubt 99% of you know what a dulcimer is without googling it. Or a luthier for that matter). What is a thread about artistic narrative even doing in this puddle deep forum? You guys cannot appreciate someone who refuses to release remixes or cheap collabs, who appreciates the value of an era beginning to end. And I can see that with someone like Beyoncé, who has more artistic integrity than any of your favs, but y'all drag her on the daily for having a bunch of people in her liner notes. Or the way you speak about Ariana.

Like I said, this is a puddle deep forum. You don't see his "artistic narrative" because you lack the capability of analysis. I mean, someone reduced Taylor Swift to girlhood and Beyoncé to blackness to exemplify artistic narratives. That's how shallow the analysis is.

Keep Charlie and Shawn's name out of this

1 hour ago, More Than A Melody said:

I mean, he hasn't posted on social media since November 2023, toured since July 2023, appeared publicly since February 2023, released music since May 2022, and yet, he has two songs on Spotify Global, is #30 on Spotify monthly listeners (with no collabs and 37 tracks total), and here you are, talking about him. In May 2024.

Clearly he's doing something right if he has so many people pressed and so much success two years after releasing his last album.

It's not a conversation we can have on this forum, which is musically illiterate. When Charlie Puth and Shawn Mendes write a song like Fine Line or Sign of the Times, we can have this conversation again. Because musically speaking, composition wise, we're talking completely different leagues. I'm talking hiding the Amen chord progression in a song about not being able to enter Heaven after committing suicide.

ATRL is not the spot to talk about syncopated chord progressions, or stacking vocals, or the purpose of minor/mayor keys in song's moods, or internal rhymes. Y'all do not know how to appreciate an artist who tracks the luthier who made Joni Mitchell's dulcimer (I doubt 99% of you know what a dulcimer is without googling it. Or a luthier for that matter). What is a thread about artistic narrative even doing in this puddle deep forum? You guys cannot appreciate someone who refuses to release remixes or cheap collabs, who appreciates the value of an era beginning to end. And I can see that with someone like Beyoncé, who has more artistic integrity than any of your favs, but y'all drag her on the daily for having a bunch of people in her liner notes. Or the way you speak about Ariana.

Like I said, this is a puddle deep forum. You don't see his "artistic narrative" because you lack the capability of analysis. I mean, someone reduced Taylor Swift to girlhood and Beyoncé to blackness to exemplify artistic narratives. That's how shallow the analysis is.

You're overall right can't lie. The site is mainly focused on 'bops'.

I don't like his music tho.

Harry Styles fuckin sucks

Isn't his narrative that things like this don't happen very often to people like him?

• Haha 9

4 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Queerbaiting since no other relevant main pop boy will do it 

Although I can see Abel and Benito encroaching on that territory more and more 

The Weeknd's whole thing is being a f*ckboy, i doubt he will go that way

5 minutes ago, tost1 said:

The Weeknd's whole thing is being a f*ckboy, i doubt he will go that way

I agree but this video made me wonder

That "Larry" thing is his narrative, he just never acknowledges it :eli:

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

...some things you mentioned here are quite insightful tbh.

What do you think of his AOTY win for Harry's House (not being sarcastic)

Edited by theoghon
  • Haha 2

This doesn't normally happen to people like him

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

the audacity to compare him to beyonce… hes literally the male tswift. but hes been kind of gone since the grammys last year and no one has noticed. and all this word vomit and you did not in the slightest mention whatever his artistic narrative is supposed to be

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

All these paragraphs and no mention of a narrative. 

• Haha 9

Like if Harry were to disappear musically would we even notice?

i'm really not interested in dragging him or putting him down, but tbh no. i don't see anything original about him, which is okay, not every artist has to be revolutionary.

6 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

Harry doesn't even know what Sign of the Times is about- Brexit, Black Lives Matter and Trump - "Everything you were talking about -- just the state of the world at the moment," he said. "It's very much me looking at that."
He went on to say that there are a lot of bad things happening in the world but people were also doing some amazing things - whether it's Trump or BLM he thinks is the bad thing, he did not specify.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

i'm really not interested in dragging him or putting him down, but tbh no. i don't see anything original about him, which is okay, not every artist has to be revolutionary.

Well I want him to stick around and have an impact. I don't want him to Ed Sheeraned and he's most likely going to be because even Ed had a stronger narrative than Harry currently has.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.