Nearly 70% of Americans say the US needs major change going into election

Communion

The US needs major changes, the economy is in shambles. I don't see Biden winning this year. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, shyboi said:

idk but im getting nervous, IRL there's basically zero support for Biden and those who keep it quiet are clearly voting for Trump, they don't say it out loud but you can tell 

I've ever met a trump fan who keeps it hush hush 💀

1 hour ago, Onyxmage said:

A man who has 91 criminal charges including ones for stealing classified documents is not the answer to you not being able to afford eggs. 

For the millionth time, saying "I'm not as bad as the other guy!" is not the selling point you think it is to get people out to vote. Because the majority of people in this country don't vote, tapping into that pool is how you win elections, not going after the middle-class white swing voters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is like, really f**king bad :rip: 

Biden's campaign is splitting his demographic - there are a considerable amount of people who are voting for third party candidates now. And any american knows voting for someone third party is basically just throwing your vote away lol. 

The problem also involves the fact that SO many people believe Biden made everything worse. They think he raised gas prices. They think he raised the cost of living. Even if this isn't accurate it's what the uneducated middle-ground people think. 

Oh, and not to mention he signed off on the TikTok ban. In the year of his potential RE-ELECTION. Great way to get the young voters to turn on you! And don't even get me started on him funding Ukraine and Israel instead of actually focusing on what he promised :cm: 

Biden is terrible and using "But... TRUMP!" to fear-monger people into voting him isn't going to work. It's such a shame that this is the candidate we're stuck with, the one who can actually choose supreme court justices. But it's kinda obvious that unless he changes something, Trump is going to win. I don't want this to happen and I'm sure most of y'all don't either. But Biden has been digging his grave since the moment he got elected and it's beyond sad to see.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

The way abortion has become the Democrats' only hope of winning in the fall. Yet they somehow still can't figure out to laser-focus on that, still convinced that "Trump bad!" is going to sway anyone. The collapse would be funny if it weren't so sad and pathetic :deadbanana4:

Edited by PoisonPill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Onyxmage said:

They said the same thing in 2008, 2012 2016 and 2020 whats your point?

I mean, the point is literally that, no, voters essentially said the opposite when polled in 2020. 

34 minutes ago, Communion said:

I mean, the point is literally that, no, voters essentially said the opposite when polled in 2020. 

The voters didnt want a change in 2020? Is this a joke?

44 minutes ago, Headlock said:

For the millionth time, saying "I'm not as bad as the other guy!" is not the selling point you think it is to get people out to vote. Because the majority of people in this country don't vote, tapping into that pool is how you win elections, not going after the middle-class white swing voters.

Thats not what Im saying at all. Biden has many accomplishments under his belt and is going all across the country talking about it. If you focus on polling and mainstream media they will have you thinking Trump has this in the bag just like they did with Hillary. :dies:  There are multiple factors going against Trump including Republicans who cant stand him and are literally voting for someone who has ALREADY dropped out of the race just because they hate him so much. People saying "BiDeN is OveR" are just as bad as fox news sheep. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

The voters didnt want a change in 2020? Is this a joke?

No. You seem to be fundamentally misunderstanding the question, and I'm not sure if you're intentionally doing so.

2020 voters when polled wanted a "return to normal". They wanted institutions back in place and people who respected norms and traditions.

In comparison, 2016 and now show voters are anxious with the status quo and want radical change to the status quo, feeling America's stagnation is lowering their quality of life. They do not currently trust America's institutions and establishment. 

You seem to be taking the question to mean "change [in presidency]" and thus arguing "every elections is about changing who's in power!!" and... that's not the topic.

Edited by Communion

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

No. You seem to be fundamentally misunderstanding the question, and I'm not sure if you're intentionally doing so.

2020 voters when polled wanted a "return to normal". They wanted institutions back in place and people who respected norms and traditions.

In comparison, 2016 and now show voters are anxious with the status quo and want radical change to the status quo, feeling America's stagnation is lowering their quality of life. They do not currently trust America's institutions and establishment. 

You seem to be taking the question to mean "change [in presidency]" and thus arguing "every elections is about changing who's in power!!" and... that's not the topic.

That would make sense if it literally WASNT Trump though. Thats my point. Ive heard a lot of people say well I dislike Biden but im voitng for him because I cant stand Trump. I feel like thats the common sentiment among most voters. Of course I could be wrong. :michael:

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

That would make sense if it literally WASNT Trump though. Thats my point. Ive heard a lot of people say well I dislike Biden but im voitng for him because I cant stand Trump. I feel like thats the common sentiment among most voters. Of course I could be wrong. :michael:

I'll defer to this post by @Bloo who articulated it well.

On 5/12/2024 at 9:51 PM, Bloo said:

You all aren't getting a very basic point. I'm not saying Trump isn't deranged. I'm saying that trying to scare people with the hypothetical scenario where Trump will resort to nuclear weapons won't animate anyone because that scare tactic was said in 2016 and no nuclear bombs were used. If you have the start citing supposed reports from the media about how John Kelly somehow prevented nuclear fallout, you've lost people and nobody cares at that point. 

People will go by based on their memory of Trump in office above all else because a Trump presidency is not a hypothetical scenario. We've all lived through it. There has been polling showing that the general public remembers Trump's presidency to be "not as bad as they expected" and that's precisely because the "Trump will use the nukes" narrative (among others) was in the ether and that didn't happen.

So, this hyperbolic rhetoric is not a good argument if you want people to take you seriously.

TLDR: stop using cheap "Trump bad" rhetoric. 

Basically the broken promises of Biden's 1st term very much dampen or weaken much of the possible fear people can argue should be handled with a Trump presidency given that a Trump presidency is no longer a hypothetical and survivor's bias will make people reflect better on it in the rear-view mirror, ie: remembering it wasn't as bad as they thought OR (for many of Biden's potential voters) being disillusioned to thinking there's little difference between either.

The threat of a Trump presidency doesn't work well after already being a thing. Biden can only heal wounds from his broken promises by helping those of his own voters that he's harmed through his choices. There's no mystical Nikki Haley voters. He needs to stop destroying the Democratic coalition. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Communion said:

I'll defer to this post by @Bloo who articulated it well.

Basically the broken promises of Biden's 1st term very much dampen or weaken much of the possible fear people can argue should be handled with a Trump presidency given that a Trump presidency is no longer a hypothetical and survivor's bias will make people reflect better on it in the rear-view mirror, ie: remembering it wasn't as bad as they thought OR (for many of Biden's potential voters) being disillusioned to thinking there's little difference between either.

The threat of a Trump presidency doesn't work well after already being a thing. Biden can only heal wounds from his broken promises by helping those of his own voters that he's harmed through his choices. There's no mystical Nikki Haley voters. He needs to stop destroying the Democratic coalition. 

Mutiple people already clocked that user about how its not remotely the same in 2024 as it was in 2016. With 3 extreme right wing judges in the supreme court Trump has already inflicted a lot of damage of large portions of the population. By the way im not saying that Biden is perfect in any way and yes he has a LOT of work to do im just saying that its not "in the bag" for Trump like so many people here are saying. :michael:

Just now, Onyxmage said:

Mutiple people already clocked that user about how its not remotely the same in 2024 as it was in 2016. With 3 extreme right wing judges in the supreme court Trump has already inflicted a lot of damage of large portions of the population. By the way im not saying that Biden is perfect in any way and yes he has a LOT of work to do im just saying that its not "in the bag" for Trump like so many people here are saying. :michael:

Polling continually show this is not resonating with the greater American public to the lengths you hope or think.

21 minutes ago, Communion said:

Polling continually show this is not resonating with the greater American public to the lengths you hope or think.

Okay ill stick to watching the polls. :laugh:

4 hours ago, Mike91 said:

Most Americans can barely afford groceries and daily necessities, meanwhile the focus on this upcoming election is Trump's crimes and whether Biden is too old. :deadbanana: But don't worry, Biden will win re-election. Enough upperclass white women will vote for him because of abortion. However, the economy will likely continue to worsen for everyday Americans with the cost of living continuing to go up.

2028 is likely when **** hits the fan.

Trump wins 2024

Biden is still kicking and runs for re election in 2028 winning the democratic vote as he's the most well known name. To make matters worse Trumps son wins the republican side. 

This story will never end. 

• ATRL Moderator
8 hours ago, Onyxmage said:

Mutiple people already clocked that user about how its not remotely the same in 2024 as it was in 2016. 

Voters are saying the opposite, but go off sis. :coffee2:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

You all keep saying this with such certainty, and yet... it's going to be a 50-50 election no matter what you tell yourselves.

Maybe 50-50 is better than it could be, but for an incumbent like Biden to not be walking away with this is absolutely abysmal and there's no sugarcoating that :deadbanana: 

It'll be 50-50 because every election is. You're not revealing anything that everybody doesn't already know. Who said it was going to be a blowout? :deadbanana:

edit: To further clarify, this election will come down to upperclass white women in the suburbs, the very people who don't want change. They don't like Trump and don't want abortion bans in place, even if they don't care for Biden. Unfortunately, things will have to continue to get worse before we start to see any change.

Edited by Mike91

6 hours ago, Mike91 said:

It'll be 50-50 because every election is. You're not revealing anything that everybody doesn't already know. Who said it was going to be a blowout? :deadbanana:

edit: To further clarify, this election will come down to upperclass white women in the suburbs, the very people who don't want change. They don't like Trump and don't want abortion bans in place, even if they don't care for Biden. Unfortunately, things will have to continue to get worse before we start to see any change.

this. I could see Trump winning before all of this abortion nonsense. It's powerful enough for the everyday American to re-elect Biden, regardless of disliking both options :coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.