UK: Lorde #5 | Wild Thoughts #3, Grenfell Charity #1

Starkboy

The Grenfell Tower single Bridge Over Troubled Water enters at Number 1 on this week’s Official Singles Chart, just 48 hours after its release.

Released at 8am on Wednesday (June 21), the all-star rendition of Simon & Garkfunkel’s track shifted 170,360 across digital and streaming equivalent sales to take the top spot. The majority of the song’s sales came from downloads, making up just under 169,000 of the total.

The track, which features more than 50 artists including Stormzy, Emeli Sande, Robbie Williams and Paloma Faith (see the full list here), had the biggest opening day combined sales of any single this decade, shifting 120k.

The previous biggest day 1 of decade was Adele's Hello, logging just under 78,000 sales on its first day. The biggest day 1 sales of all time is Elton John's Candle In The Wind (1997) with 655,000.

Artists For Grenfell’s Bridge Over Troubled Water is now the second fastest-selling single of the year, second to Ed Sheeran’s Shape Of You, which opened with 226,808 back in January.

The song knocks Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber’s Despacito from Number 1 after six weeks at the summit and finishes 69,000 combined sales behind Bridge Over Troubled Water.  

DJ Khaled debuts at Number 3 with his Rihanna and Bryson Tiller collaboration Wild Thoughts, marking the producers second Top 5 single in two months after the chart-topping I’m The One. The entry also gives Rihanna her 30th Top 10 single.

Come on Lorde please beat Nickelback :rip: 

Nickelback over Lorde :clap3: They sell more physical copies, for sure, she won't beat them.

I know Nickelback used to be huge back in the day but I had no idea people were still checking for them :rip: 

Just now, NumbFentyStan said:

Rooting for Lorde! Top3 is great eitherway :clap3: 

As long as she beats Pure Heroine's top 4 peak I'll be at peace :clap3: 

I love Royal Blood but honestly Lorde served the better album this time around. HDWGSD actually isn't as good as I was hoping 

1 hour ago, Mr Boots said:

how did pure heroine do in the UK?

It debuted and peaked at #4 in the UK with sales of 18,294 the first week.

Edited by Green

Monday Update

1. Royal Blood (23k lead)

2. Ed Sheeran

3. Nickelback

5. Lorde

1. Despacito

2. Strip That Down (300 copies ahead)

3. Wild Thoughts

8. Power

20. Feels

32. Bad Liar

37. Instruction

Rih coming for another #2 

Wkmz3Nw.gif

Edited by Navyofbadgals

Lorde is currently 400 copies ahead of how much Katy had sold last week, so yeah she she should end up with 15-18k as well

Next week, Divide will return to #1 again in the albums due to Ed's Glastonbury appearance. 

On the subject of this week's chart, just before anyone wonders, Witness is at #22, according to the OfficialCharts album update. Additionally, Monday's chart update is missing Sunday's Spotify data, according to Buzzjack.

Edited by C_Colstead

Omg another #2 for Rih a mess , it will be her 10th :rip:

Edited by Emperor

1 hour ago, Mark Rih said:

Another incoming #2 for Rih :toofunny2:

what a mess lol

1 hour ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Rih coming for another #2 

Wkmz3Nw.gif

2 minutes ago, NumbFentyStan said:

Not another #2 for Rih :rip:

Still amazing though!

Rooting for Little Mix too :duca: 

:ahh:

1 hour ago, Mark Rih said:

Another incoming #2 for Rih :toofunny2:

what a mess lol

I'm honestly so annoyed at this point :rip: 

She could really do with a UK #1 with her current sound, even though Work and TIWYCF were MASSIVE here. She was literally on a 7 year streak of 1#s or something at one point :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.