Billboard Charts (Week of May 18, 2024)

Renan90

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 11:24 PM, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

Yasss hunty, more of this! I want what she's having! This Top 10 is certified FRESH. No oldies allowed!!! No expired milk!

It really sucks that 39-week-old fraudulent sales Lose Control ruined what otherwise is a fresh Top 10. This would have been completely fresh if Too Sweet or Meet the Grahams had gotten that 10 spot it.

Edited by pride4jc1222
  • Like 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pride4jc1222

• Ger

• slw84

• Renan90

19 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

It really sucks that 39-week-old fraudulent sales Lose Control ruined what otherwise is a fresh Top 10. This would have been completely fresh if Too Sweet or Meet the Grahams had gotten that 10 spot it.

Oh come on, while there were some suspicious things around LC reaching the top spot, the song is a certified hit, no fraudulance can keep it afloat this long, GP clearly likes it.

• Like 1

I wish Billboard was a little more careful with their fraudulence scanning...like Lose control's week at #1 was massively suspicious...same with those Jimmin #1s and some of the BTS songs....I actually love k-pop and support Korean artists smashing and stuff but when the corruption is THAT obvious you'd think Billboard would act instantly. It's too slow to implement rules tbh and the way it selectively implements rules for certain artists vs others is really annoying. Some of the weeks at #1 are completely just off but it is what it is

One thing I really appreciate is how so many different genres are equally thriving. Country, hip hop, pop, folk etc. The charts have such a diverse representation currently especially with the majority of the hit coming from newcomers/artists who are now getting their big break.

Now if only rock could somehow make a comeback as well

• Like 1

Industry baby's week at #1 was fraudulent with all those sales coming out of nowhere at the last minute (because Easy on Me was going to be #1 the following week) and I didn't see some of you complaining.

And those Lose Control versions only were charting when it was blocked by Carnival. The week it reached #1 most of the sales were from the main version.

On 5/13/2024 at 2:38 PM, Green said:

Taylor Swift's "Fortnight," featuring Post Malone, falls to No. 4 on the Hot 100 after spending its first two weeks on the chart at No. 1. It's the top-selling song of the week, up 1,192% to 77,000 sold (powered by 73,000 CD singles that shipped during the tracking week).

73k CD singles  :deadbanana2:

When was the last time a physical CD single sold that much in the US during a week? BTS? or the American Idol singles?

Do her fans even own CD players? It's getting ridiculous.  Her fans buy multiple copies of physical media, just for them to sit on a shelf (or in landfill). Then, the same fans stream the album. Like what's the point? 

• Like 1