Eurovision Song Contest 2025 | Switzerland Hosting

khalyan

1 hour ago, illia said:

... okay

Black Twitter would destroy her ass if they see any twerking in Eurovision :rip:

• Haha 1

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloodflowers.

• Hurem

• Pendulum

• Fevesy

3 hours ago, illia said:

... okay

Wait I just listened to some of her music. Baku 2026 :WAP:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, illia said:

... okay

They need to send another BANGER, I approve!

Mata Hari is still a bop

Prediction for 2025

Which countries will drop out?

Which countries will return/debut?

How many countries in total will compete after 37 this year?

ZARI.thumb.gif.f9e2b5ce45127ac721d50d9c9

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Prediction for 2025

Which countries will drop out?

Which countries will return/debut?

How many countries in total will compete after 37 this year?

Netherlands will withdraw for next year out of spite; comes back in 2026. Romania, Montenegro and North Macedonia will return.

5 hours ago, Funhouse said:

Czechia is out I fear

We're never getting 40 countries again, are we? :rip:

Edited by Gwendolyn

ok but can they get rid of this Big 5 stuff? It's not fair. Also drawing "producer's choice" needs to change :biblio:

3 hours ago, Funhouse said:

Czechia is out I fear

Czechia would've been in the finals this year if one particular country was rightfully banned. Let that sink in!

1 hour ago, Gwendolyn said:

Netherlands will withdraw for next year out of spite; comes back in 2023. Romania, Montenegro and North Macedonia will return.

We're never getting 40 countries again, are we? :rip:

Balkan countries returning after juries made a Balkan win impossible even with a televote win and returing to SWITZERLAND out of all places, where everything is expensive. In this economy? Good luck! 

• Like 1

Be for real, Switzerland is gonna be expensive af for delegations. I can see Czechia and San Marino withdrawing, as well as the Netherlands for obvious reason. No countries will be returning.

They're gonna keep Israhell in because they can't have a semi with 13 countries :priceless: The only solution I see with them is making a one year deal with big 5 to have them compete, just to fill in the slots in the semis.

I don't think The Netherlands will withdraw and I think the EBU is gonna be desperate to fill those semi slots so Australia will definitely stay, and with the success of Luxembourg I can see them trying to get Monaco back. Turkiye and the Balkan countries would be great but I can't see it except for maybe North Macedonia 

9 hours ago, Hurem said:

Be for real, Switzerland is gonna be expensive af for delegations. I can see Czechia and San Marino withdrawing, as well as the Netherlands for obvious reason. No countries will be returning.

They're gonna keep Israhell in because they can't have a semi with 13 countries :priceless: The only solution I see with them is making a one year deal with big 5 to have them compete, just to fill in the slots in the semis.

What if they make one long semi final instead of two? If I'm not mistaken they already did this in the 00s 

• ATRL Moderator
On 5/17/2024 at 8:20 PM, Hurem said:

Is Switzerland really this noticeably more expensive than other nations? I know it’s more than Croatia but from my limited knowledge it does seem close to comparable with other western nations. 

On 5/18/2024 at 2:20 AM, Hurem said:

I don't see them taking the risk of not being guaranteed in the final though. :dancehall: Especially UK and Germany. I know over the last few years they've all had high moments but considering the money they're putting into the EBU I think they'd be hard done for convincing them to have to compete in the semis. Let's say San Marino, Netherlands and another three or four drop out, that takes us to 30-31 participants. Considering how much they fill out the final, they can get away with dropping the semi's for a year and having two preview style shows with some sort of Eurovision history segments in them too. 

Kosovo might be joining. But that also comes with a risk of having Serbia drop out :dies:

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Kosovo might be joining. But that also comes with a risk of having Serbia drop out :dies:

Serbia deserves it for choosing Teya over Zejna

• 2 weeks later...

IS*HELL confirms a comeback for 2025 (Anything can happen between today and May 2025, so let's not start the dramatics yet!)

Switzerland says a host city announcement will happen in August (Netta hurry up.)

Germany is returning

The potential grand final day is: May 10th.

On 5/19/2024 at 4:53 AM, khalyan said:

Is Switzerland really this noticeably more expensive than other nations? I know it's more than Croatia but from my limited knowledge it does seem close to comparable with other western nations. 

Yeah. If you Google "most expensive countries" Switzerland is at the top in all the lists. They have really high wages and that drives up inflation.

Posted (edited)

Kaleen posted all the stems for Jesus Will Rave so we finally have a proper instrumental

giphy.gif

wait wrong thread but oh well

Edited by Fevesy

Portugal joins the list of countries denying the Norwegian report of a mass withdrawal right before the final show.

Moldavia could be OUT next year too, the 00s Eastern European bloc that the West hated so much is dying a financial death :rip: 

Serbia you have ONE job for 2025 if you plan to return to TOP 5!

MOTHER! :jonny5::WAP:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2024 at 6:29 PM, BOOM! said:

Serbia you have ONE job for 2025 if you plan to return to TOP 5!

MOTHER! :jonny5::WAP:

Serbia has several jobs to do related to esc

If you dont remember this song ure a flop esc stan

veronika-pecolaj-jusup.gif

50 minutes ago, Dante said:

If you dont remember this song ure a flop esc stan

veronika-pecolaj-jusup.gif

I remember finding this so annoying back then. It didn't take long for me to switch though. Deservingly 4th. :clap3:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the host city deadline was today so these are the cities/venues that have submitted a bid to host Eurovision 2025:

Basel: St. Jakobshalle (12,400 capacity) or St. Jakob-Park Stadium (40,000 capacity)

Bern/Biel: BernExpo's Neue Festhalle (9,000 capacity)

Geneva: PalExpo (15,000 capacity)

Zürich: Hallenstadion (15,000 capacity)

Hallenstadion in Zürich or St. Jakobshalle in Basel seem like the most realistic options to me, they're the closest to meeting all of the requirements and have plenty of extra space for things like a press centre, dressing rooms, and prop storage. Basel's other venue doesn't have a roof, Bern's venue is still under construction and doesn't meet the EBU's height requirement of 18m free space, and Geneva's venue doesn't meet the height requirement either. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.