GNPOlRuW8AAZ2Sz?format=jpg&name=large

GNPrC19XAAAOD55?format=jpg&name=large

GNPScmyWEAAbS0O?format=jpg&name=large

GNPSa98XkAAhjxO?format=jpg&name=large

GNPPaRFXUAA2lXG?format=jpg&name=large

GNPSdZEXQAA2-Vs?format=jpg&name=large

tyla-17-683x1024.jpg

tyla-16-683x1024.jpg

What was it about music that got you completely enamoured with it?
I'm a creative and music is my passion, but it's also the visuals, playing with fashion, acting, modelling, performing, creative direction and so many things that drew me into pursuing this career. I honestly just love coming up with ideas and executing them. I find it so fun and luckily I was blessed with a best friend that has a similar passion, so now we besties are traveling the world and creating art we've been wanting to see in the industry.

Looking at your career now, you just released your debut album TYLA. What inspired this album and what meaning does it hold for you personally?
I knew I wanted to be a pop star, but with my version of pop. I could have made bubble gum stereotypical radio pop songs, but that's not me. I knew exactly what I wanted to sound like and I only wanted this album to have music I would genuinely blast on aux. With each track I started to create on the album, I was like "Yeah, this feels like me". And after wrapping the album after 3 years, I knew it had to be self-titled.

This album is a result of so many good and bad stories. It feels like a piece of me was given out for the world to listen and watch. It shows where I'm from, my slang, my thoughts, my feelings, what I've been through. It's very intimate and sharing it took a while, but it's exactly how I envisioned it, so I'm happy.

Which track from the album has the most special meaning to you and why?
I would say BREATHE ME. That song makes me cry and songs that makes me cry are my favorite. Every word, melody, instrument, literally every part of that song feels like love. And I love being in love and having someone that loves me. Even though the lyrics "You don't need no air just breathe me" are so exaggerated, it was the only way to express how I felt when I was in love. Like, all we need is each other, forget everything else.

https://www.numeromag.nl/in-conversation-with-tyla/

• Like 8

She's so stunning! 

• Like 1

she's absolutely stunning. i really can't wait for her to have a big commercial era 

Gorgeous and talented. Her best is tet to come

• Thanks 1

:worship2: JoBurg Princess

Gorgeous queen

she's serving :heart:

She's so gorgeous and I love to see her killing it everywhere 

That face is just... perfection. Baby Rih.

She is so pretty :smitten: wow 

she just made it jump in my pants :jonny: ugggh queen is so beautiful 

Icon in the making. :jonny:

Perfection 

Beaut:gaynetcat4:iful 

She's stunning 

Praying she isn't a one hit wonder like I know she'll always be successful in in Africa but I hope she gets another worldwide hit 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.