Untitled Godzilla x Kong sequel (2027) | Grant Sputore to direct

Almodusa

Posted (edited)

A sequel to 2024's 

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire is officially in the works with Grant Sputore to direct! The film is slated for March 26, 2027.

Writer Dave Callaham is known for originating The Expendables action franchise and worked on movies such as the 2021 Mortal Kombat reboot and Wonder Woman 1984. He earned praise for writing Marvel's well-regarded 2021 entry Shang-Chi and co-wrote Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, which earned a Best Animated Feature Oscar nomination. Still, Callaham knows a thing or two about Godzilla. The scribe wrote the early drafts and received story by credit for 2014's Godzilla, the movie that kicked off Legendary's monster mania.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/godzilla-x-kong-follow-dave-callaham-1235895879/
Edited by Almodusa

I'm excited I love those movies I hope it's out by 2026

• 2 weeks later...

"The parting of ways is described as amicable and stemming from timing issues. The door remains open for a future return, per insiders."

• 3 weeks later...

KOTM is the last good movie of this franchise (excludes Minus One which separate from this franchise). The Godzilla vs Kong movies seem like parody, still can't believe that makes Godzilla looks pink :gaycat6:

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

King Ghidorah needs a comeback! Come to end those LOSERS!

• 2 weeks later...

last film was so bad and such a disappointment. regardless i am eternally perched for anything godzilla related.... hope this is better

I wanna see queen biollante :weeps:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.