Why did Lana surpass Gaga?

DTF

Having shared history with music managers in the 2000s, both Lana and Gaga later broke through the mainstream to massive commercial success after being signed to Interscope, with Gaga originally being much bigger

Now in 2024, Lana has been nominated for AOTY, sold out Coachella and Fenway Pk and stadiums around the world, and Born to Die becoming once of the longest charting albums ever while GaGa is selling Nurtec 

Why did LaNa outlast GaGa?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 7
  • Thumbs Down 35

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UseYourIllusion2002

• Pop Fan

• Sheep

• Happylittlepunk

Posted (edited)

One understands that she has hungry fans, including me, that need to be fed on a consistent basis. One doesn't. It's that simple. :cm:
If you don't regularly feed your baby chicks they starve and get eaten by vultures.

I can't keep praising Rain On Me any longer. It needs to be topped and topped soon.

Lana has A&W, top 10 in her discography and Taco Truck, top 30 in her discography on her latest album and is about to launch another one.

Edited by selena_lavigne
  • Like 5

Lana achieved a huge breakthrough first with the alternative stans switching on her thanks to NFR! and then the punch of her streaming catalogue blowing up and becoming besties with the biggest artist of all time Taylor Swift really boosted her to the #2 biggest female act currently. No kidding, most of new Lana fans are just Swifties.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

I don't think the pharna industry will let it happen 

Z1FBNAj.gif

• Like 1

both are very successful but to prove your point you mentioned things that Gaga has already accomplished? this is a joke right :dies:

• Like 4

More talent, more artistry

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Lana stuck with the music and is finally seeing the fruits of her decade-long work. Gaga is doing fine considering she's pivoted to acting but I do think she has a chance to regain her fanbase. The late 2000s dancepop is kind of en vogue and she needs to strike now...

Well, Gaga gave up on her music career. Lana did not.

Lana released 3 albums since Chromatica, and Chromatica as an era was cut short too. Only 2 singles, barely any performances, short tour.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

… in what possible way has Lana surpassed Gaga? I love both artists but Gaga has done all of this well before Lana did. Gaga has a big movie, an extremely tardy concert film, and an album coming which will likely put her BACK on top. Let's be real here. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Maybe Lana should try to get a #1 album again first, before we try to compare her to Gaga.

Edited by Zaram
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

… in what possible way has Lana surpassed Gaga? I love both artists but Gaga has done all of this well before Lana did. Gaga has a big movie, an extremely tardy concert film, and an album coming which will likely put her BACK on top. Let's be real here. 

Lana attended and slayed the met gala, while Lazy Gaga couldn't even be bothered as usual. That is the point.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

With Born to Die

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

Lana attended and slayed the met gala, while Lazy Gaga couldn't even be bothered as usual. That is the point.

We should rename the thread to "Why did Camilla Cabello surpass Gaga?" then. 

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

… the met gala wasn't even mentioned in the OP. Yes, Lana looked stunning at the met gala. But Gaga has already done and slayed the met gala - years before Lana did. The statement was that Lana has surpassed Gaga and my rebuttal was that she hasn't - as Gaga has already done these things. Gaga is recording an album and staying busy. 

• Like 1

Lana hasn't surpassed her though? Lana is bigger than her at the moment and might overtake her, but Gaga's overall figures are very impressive and Lana is yet to touch them.

30 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Taylor Swift really boosted her to the #2 biggest female act currently.

In a world where BEYONCE, ARIANA GRANDE, LADY GAGA, ADELE, BILLIE EILISH, DUA LIPA (im done naming more) all exist, Lana Del Rey is not #2. 

Just now, lgaga1fan said:

In a world where BEYONCE, ARIANA GRANDE, LADY GAGA, ADELE, BILLIE EILISH, DUA LIPA (im done naming more) all exist, Lana Del Rey is not #2. 

Currently she is tho https://www.ifpi.org/our-industry/global-charts/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Everything that Lana has achieved Gaga has already done it. 
so more like when is Lana going to catch up to Gaga? 

We should make threads to get Lana dragged more often. Loving the vibes in here :whistle:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.