Eurovision bans makeup which can be interpreted as pro-Palestine (political)

heckinglovato

Good. Palestine has no place at Eurovision. It's a music contest, and Palestine is not part of Europe. Palestine already occupies all the media headlines. We don't want to hear about it at Eurovision.  

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 44

Yet they didn't ban blue and yellow in 2022. Curious...

• Like 10
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, playwithme said:

Good. Palestine has no place at Eurovision. It's a music contest, and Palestine is not part of Europe. Palestine already occupies all the media headlines. We don't want to hear about it at Eurovision.  

Eurovision is one of the main places for statements relating to human dignity and human rights.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Mordecai said:

Censoring anything Palestine related wouldn't be so bad if the EBU weren't so hypocritical when it comes to pro-Ukranian political statements. They were willing to let Russia participate in 2022 and it took a bunch of countries threatening to boycott to do something about it, then did a complete 180 and let all that pro-Ukraine stuff happen. Double standards

Maybe because Ukraine is one of the most successful Eurovision participants and the second-biggest European country? What does *Palestine* have to do with Eurovision?    

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 11

I know Eurovision participation is controversial at the moment due to the calls for a boycott, but I'm glad people like Eric Saade and Bambie Thug are willing to take a stand and highlight the EBU's hypocrisy. Their messages have reached a far wider audience simply because the EBU tried to suppress them.

I also want to shout out Fred Leone from the Australian entry

u8uq1yphr8zc1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=6a21ec14e117c5ef300b0c8c2bb5e06cf7ed867ci2i8o30ir8zc1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=28c6fcdd0b84647995d6767bac5001dfa14a45f7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, playwithme said:

Maybe because Ukraine is one of the most successful Eurovision participants and the second-biggest European country? What does *Palestine* have to do with Eurovision?    

It's not about who those political statements are about. It's about the fact that you can't just pick and choose what to let people speak on; either let everyone make whatever political statements they want or ban them entirely. Pretty simple

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, playwithme said:

Yeah, who tf cares if there's a genocide going on, we live in rich countries :rip:

OT: **** eurovision 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, playwithme said:

Well, Israel is a contestant for Eurovision and they are not European.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Virgos Groove said:

Why would they ban the only European country that has qualified for every Eurovision final and delivered some of the memorable performances in the Eurovision history?   

Funny how you are so upset about Ukraine making Eurovision "political" while ignoring all other instances of politics sipping into Eurovision. Like that one time when russia brought a pink tank and an army choir following their invasion of Georgia. 

It's almost as if you have an anti-Ukraine bias. 

:suburban:

Just now, Virgos Groove said:

Just wait until you find out where Israel and Australia are situated.

:suburban:

Their participation makes no sense. Eurovision should be for European countries. Bringing up Palestine would be the final straw.     

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 9

People saying what does Palestine have to do with Eurovision even though there's many Arab countries in the EBU, including Jordan which is like 70% Palestinian in population :skull: they just don't participate as to not to go alongside Apartheid israel

Eurovision/EBU isn't just Europe, Apartheid israel gets to participate and so does Azerbaijan, Armenia, Australia, etc.

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, ariananext said:

Yeah, who tf cares if there's a genocide going on, we live in rich countries :rip:

The Israeli-Palestine conflict has nothing to do with Europe.

4 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

It's not about who those political statements are about. It's about the fact that you can't just pick and choose what to let people speak on; either let everyone make whatever political statements they want or ban them entirely. Pretty simple

I mean, ignoring the biggest European land war since WWII would have been perverse. Palestine already gets plenty of media coverage outside of Eurovision.  

• Thumbs Down 11

8 minutes ago, playwithme said:

Palestine is located within the European Broadcasting Area (as are many other countries in North Africa and West Asia) but can't join the European Broadcasting Union (Eurovision's organising body) because their membership is disputed by Israel. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, ariananext said:

4 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

I mean, ignoring the biggest European land war since WWII would have been perverse. Palestine already gets plenty of media coverage outside of Eurovision.  

• Thumbs Down 13

Posted (edited)

-accidental double post-

Edited by Funhouse

10 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Probably because Ukraine participated in 2022. Try making sense next time! :kiss:

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

3 minutes ago, playwithme said:

You do realize that there's a lot of countries participating in Eurovision that are not in Europe? Like.. Israel for example :rip:

In their effort to remove "politics" from the contest, they made quite a political statement by doing that. But alright. 

• Thanks 7

"Israel-Palestine Conflict" :deadbanana2:

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 3

3 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

Palestine is located within the European Broadcasting Area (as are many other countries in North Africa and West Asia) but can't join the European Broadcasting Union (Eurovision's organising body) because their membership is disputed by Israel. 

Good. 

• Thumbs Down 15

Just now, ariananext said:

You do realize that there's a lot of countries participating in Eurovision that are not in Europe? Like.. Israel for example :rip:

And that's just wrong. I don't want to see Israel and Australia at Eurovision. 

• Thumbs Down 6

2 minutes ago, playwithme said:

And that's just wrong. I don't want to see Israel and Australia at Eurovision. 

Well I don't think they care about what you want. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, ariananext said:

Well I don't think they care about what you want. 

I'm afraid that also applies to Hamas flags. 

IMG_4782.thumb.gif.800d18a3788945d4d51a9

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 14

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.