• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• punisher

• 50thStateofMind

• Automatic

• theweekend

56 minutes ago, FOCK said:

The song is literally laced with Cardi shade, are you okay? :rip:

The visual theme is cute & the sample slaps, I still don't think she took it all the way there. Same delivery in every song does her a disservice. 

Not even you believe that, c'mon now :rip: You're smarter than that

Cardi and Meg are friends and were even just interacting through IG stories just a few weeks ago.

Doin' **** for TikTok (Yeah), *****, I'm really hip-hop 

I pop ****, they went pop 

These are 100% shots at Jelani's sister

The BARB trying to convince themselves that this song is about Cardi when it's clearly about Mrs. Petty Pie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I like it but she's definitely not beating the 'one flow h**' allegations with this one 

"This is clearly about Cardi" :rip: :keir:

• Haha 3

wow thats what she paid gwen sample for

she could have keep it

"Your time is up, why is you not clocking out, doing ish for tiktok, btch I'm really hiphop"

Girl… do you not realize 90% of your biggest songs are literally all viral tiktok hits. Like your rise to fame was literally because of a tiktok dance in the pandemic ndnsnsn

This is not as immediate to me as Cobra and HISS were, the sample is a waste but nobody it could be a grower. 

• Like 1

not sure about this one yet, but the video is cool

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stepfon said:

The BARB trying to convince themselves that this song is about Cardi when it's clearly about Mrs. Petty Pie. 

they have deluded themselves into thinking the Grammyless Granny is the hardest female rapper out there when her last album samples Cyndi f*cking Lauper in an attempt for TikTok relevancy that sadly backfired. meanwhile, Cardi and Megan has been releasing straight rap songs with no hooks back to back to back. it's actually quite pathetic. :rip:

Edited by popmusicisdead
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

they have deluded themselves into thinking the Grammyless Granny is the hardest female rapper out there when her last album samples Cyndi f*cking Lauper in an attempt for TikTok relevancy that sadly backfired. meanwhile, Cardi and Megan has been releasing straight rap songs with no hooks back to back to back. it's actually quite pathetic. :rip:

What a laughable post QSDFGVBHNJKU SDFG

And it's even more laughable considering this thread is about a song sampling a huge pop classic. The fact that it doesn't feel like BOA has a hook DESPITE sampling a song as catchy as What You're Waiting For Is really not the flex you think it is. 

And Nicki has also released plenty rap songs, like you really make no sense. 

It's ALWAYS the same flow/lyrics, but AS ALWAYS, she really is the queen of visuals. Her videography is starting to look insane. 

Edited by D.Va
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

love the sample. the video is insane but expected nothing less from her :WAP:

not the immediate catchy hook moment I was expecting following Hiss and I feel like the sample wasn't fully capitalised on? However I love the video, and her visuals have been S tier this entire era. Give us the album announcement!

People thinking this is about Cardi... have to be trolling :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

This isn't doing it for me, it's kinda boring. I love what you waiting for but it feels like she watered it down in the worst possible way...

I enjoyed Cobra and Hiss though so hopefully the album has more stuff in that vein.

I'm a bit disappointed, I really hoped after the moment with Hiss she would realise she needed an undeniable hit song. I don't think this will go anywhere.

The video is excellent though so can't fault her there :clap3:

Posted (edited)

The video is excellent, I love how unapologetic she is about nerd references.

Edited by Jglj
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FOCK said:

Same delivery in every song does her a disservice. 

This song sounds nothing like Cobra and Hiss

• Like 2

hm… sounds cute but feels underwhelming

Love Meg and I want her to win but I kinda agree with some of you here. It is beginning to sound the same. 

I know she has versatility and has shown it before but after cobra and hiss it's definitely time to step your game up and BOA isn't really it. Sounds like an album track to me. I pray she doesn't waste this Snake theme on anymore mid songs. Video is great so that's nice but she isn't a videography she's a rapper so the music has to be fire. 

meg is in a unique position rn, everyone knows she talented and can rap her ass off but she needs to give us some **** we ain't heard before. 

if I were her I'd start working with other producers, she'd sound good on a metro or LODT beat or just anybody new 🥹

would be cool if she brought timb outta retirement. 

(and idk why anyone won't sample overnight celebrity-twista, and make it a hit again.) 

but yeah, I'm still riding but I won't listening to BOA like that. Kinda wish she would tap a little into the scarlet sound (damn good album) and get some inspiration from doja,( why they haven't worked together yet I'm not sure) 

good visuals, mid audio. 

• Like 1

Don't love the song tbh on the first listen but the video is insane 

• Like 1

We are streaming her reputation era! :clap3:

That video is budget and quality content

I really like Megan but she needs to work with a good hook writer imo, the chorus isn't enough... All she's missing in her songs are strong choruses, it's preventing anything from having proper staying power or the ability to catch on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent visuals as always but the song is def mid and underwhelming. 

28 minutes ago, TheFlyingRobot said:

I really like Megan but she needs to work with a good hook writer imo, the chorus isn't enough... All she's missing in her songs are strong choruses, it's preventing anything from having proper staying power or the ability to catch on.

This 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D.Va said:

What a laughable post QSDFGVBHNJKU SDFG

And it's even more laughable considering this thread is about a song sampling a huge pop classic. The fact that it doesn't feel like BOA has a hook DESPITE sampling a song as catchy as What You're Waiting For Is really not the flex you think it is. 

And Nicki has also released plenty rap songs, like you really make no sense. 

It's ALWAYS the same flow/lyrics, but AS ALWAYS, she really is the queen of visuals. Her videography is starting to look insane. 

obviously i was referring to that Garb delusionally bringing up Cardi in here when the TikTok line is obviously not about her. clearly like that user, you can't read context clues either.

fact of the matter is, Nicki released a whole ass pop album meant for TikTok. that line is obviously about her. 

but sure keep acting dense like the blocks of powder the woman in your avi like administrating nasally. 

o.t. the video is sooooo good. how does she fund these when she's independent?

see when you have a vision :clap3:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.