Megathread: Drake vs Kendrick in a War of Diss Tracks

Devin

HMMM so is he going to respond or what? COMMMMEEEE KDOTTTTTTT u can't stop nowww I KNOW He's probably done with it, but GIVE US ONE LAST SHOT BROOOO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wicked

• Virgos Groove

• Devin

• Specter

i think kendrick not gonna respond bc the heart part 6 was 🏳️🏳️🏳️ vibes.

im curious to see how this impacts the future.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

I think the party's over y'all ... I can see how major corporations don't like their cash cows linked to pedophilia and sex trafficking. It's probably why Drake had to wave the white flag in his last track. I wonder how they'll encourage/incentivize Kendrick not to take it further. While Not Like Us is certainly a lyrical and commercial victory lap in this battle. I wonder if he intends to drop more or is he willing to let this be the end. 

Yeah this is genuinely kinda... Now. Reddit posts diffing deeper are being removed by reddit with no explanation but the people are faster than reddit mods...

Posted (edited)

Kendrick already won. I can see him have mercy and stop escalating, while sitting back and letting the vultures picking Drake apart. People are now putting Drake on neighborhood watchlist atp.

Edited by Rep2000
  • Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Wicked said:

He was/is going to... Which is why today umg is 'rumored' to be putting a stop to this best they can . Their second biggest artist after Swift (Drake) has a song #2 on global Spotify calling him a PDF and predator.

This is what I didn't want to get into earlier but exposing something like this which if true, undoubtedly has several other key people tied into it and puts Kendricks life in danger is not some easy task or even as easy as sending **** to the authorities. And assuming this is all true I think whatever he does have isn't necessarily illegal but things that would firmly change his public perception for good. He also alluded to details in these 4 diss tracks that people are missing that are linked to sick things. The powers that be are probably trying to shut him up or already have.

(This not a rebuttal ofc) but UMG must know it's too late. Kendrick ensured that for the foreseeable future collaborating with Drake would be equivalent to a nuclear power plant meltdown for any self-respecting, self-preserving rapper in the mainstream rn.

He even made sure to call back to the "rapping like you're freeing the slaves" line that was already rubbing people the wrong way. No matter how you slice it—whether you believe that there is a legit mole or that Drake actually sat down and fabricated a story—Kendrick left a mark on him… And I don't think UMG understands what that means for him.

They're concerned about people in the clubs doing crip walks to "Certified Lover Boy? Certified Pedophile" when they should be concerned about Kendrick spelling out for Black American musicians and the public that Drake's relationship to hip-hop (and Black American art, by extension) has been rather parasitic through the years :toofunny3:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 10

9 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Yeah this is genuinely kinda... Now. Reddit posts diffing deeper are being removed by reddit with no explanation but the people are faster than reddit mods...

UMG is about to have them like :rip: 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe911sc4y9lim7uq7v44i99f5n67myhyo2u6kxxxzdmy&ep=v1_gifs_username&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

They probably don't care about the smaller players as much like Rick Ross and Metro. But seeing this tweet regarding Spotify put into perspective that Drake definitely doesn't need  those allegations further tarnishing his image and perception by the public (it's definitely too late in my eyes).

He'll maybe post on IG, take that vacation, keep it cute for the next few months, release new (pop) music/collabs. We'll see how his PR team manages things from here but he better pull another God's Plan and start giving out some money again to shift the narrative.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Samson said:

(This not a rebuttal ofc) but UMG must know it's too late. Kendrick ensured that for the foreseeable future collaborating with Drake would be equivalent to a nuclear power plant meltdown for any self-respecting, self-preserving rapper in the mainstream rn.

He even made sure to call back to the "rapping like you're freeing the slaves" line that was already rubbing people the wrong way. No matter how you slice it—whether you believe that there is a legit mole or that Drake actually sat down and fabricated a story—Kendrick left a mark on him… And I don't think UMG understands what that means for him.

They're concerned about people in the clubs doing crip walks to "Certified Lover Boy? Certified Pedophile" when they should be concerned about Kendrick spelling out for Black American musicians and the public that Drake's relationship to hip-hop (and Black American art, by extension) has been rather parasitic through the years :toofunny3:

I agree with all of this. And as a Black American, this being the second time he's weirdly used American slavery for a punchline despite the fact his Dad is also one speaks volumes of how he identifies and it's certainly not with other Black Americans.

I wanted to just stick to discussing the songs but, the more time passes the worse (in this context, I mean better/hard hitting) all 4 Kendrick diss songs... He warned him that he was going to obliterate his character and life if he did the BS he usually does and now it looks like Kendrick is filming a video for Not Like Us which if true... I guess he's not backing down. May he be protected if so.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

UMG is about to have them like :rip: 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe911sc4y9lim7uq7v44i99f5n67myhyo2u6kxxxzdmy&ep=v1_gifs_username&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

They probably don't care about the smaller players as much like Rick Ross and Metro. But seeing this tweet regarding Spotify put into perspective that Drake definitely doesn't need  those allegations further tarnishing his image and perception by the public (it's definitely too late in my eyes).

He'll maybe post on IG, take that vacation, keep it cute for the next few months, release new (pop) music/collabs. We'll see how his PR team manages things from here but he better pull another God's Plan and start giving out some money again to shift the narrative.

He certainly is not gonna come back on some rappity rap ****, that's over. Kendrick spanked him on wax 4 times in a row. I'm interested to see how the music will be received, he'll still do numbers of course but this has tainted him.

48 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

I think the party's over y'all ... I can see how major corporations don't like their cash cows linked to pedophilia and sex trafficking. It's probably why Drake had to wave the white flag in his last track. I wonder how they'll encourage/incentivize Kendrick not to take it further. While Not Like Us is certainly a lyrical and commercial victory lap in this battle. I wonder if he intends to drop more or is he willing to let this be the end. 

yeahhhh the suits probably didn't anticipate it getting this out of hand :rip: 

**** em though, kendrick should shoot one last shot and then be done with it lol

Drake will be fine as long as he doesn't rap about any tough guy stuff ever again. Just stick to Pop and R&B songs for now on.

Wow. 

2024-05-06-22-12-1.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kh-Loud said:

HMMM so is he going to respond or what? COMMMMEEEE KDOTTTTTTT u can't stop nowww I KNOW He's probably done with it, but GIVE US ONE LAST SHOT BROOOO

He's definitely not done . The only problem is Not Like Us is shaping up to be a MASSIVE hit and dropping right now will slow its momentum. The same thing happened when Like That dropped in March. They waited until the song was #1 on the Hot 100 for three weeks before dropping Euphoria. It would be smart for him to let this breathe at least through  Memorial Day weekend. It's an immediate Song of the Summer contender. 

• Like 8

Interscope is no longer in the credits for Not Like Us or meet the grahams, something is happening.

2024-05-06-22-36.png
2024-05-06-22-37.png
2024-05-06-22-37-1.png

5 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Interscope is no longer in the credits for Not Like Us or meet the grahams, something is happening.

2024-05-06-22-36.png
2024-05-06-22-37.png
2024-05-06-22-37-1.png

What could it mean? Like they're dropping Kendrick or they just don't want to be associated with the songs?

12 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

What could it mean? Like they're dropping Kendrick or they just don't want to be associated with the songs?

They want no attachment to the songs, I'm guessing. Calls have probably been made behind the scenes for damage control.

• Like 3

You'd think he learned his lesson after making fun of Kid Cudi's depression and getting mercilessly dragged for it, now he makes fun of child SA. Pure insanity.

4 hours ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

Taylor will surpass him within a year so they needn't worry about that

This is hilarious. We all win.

Honestly does Kendrick need to respond after The Heart pt 6 is basically Drake's Bigfoot? Not Like Us will smash for a bit and TH6 will fade and be forgotten. The success NLU has will speak for itself.

Kendrick got the bigger hits from this and also won the beef. It's over for BBL, there's nothing left to say :michael:

• Haha 5

With the Rumors of Rihanna working with Kendrick. It be crazy if he got her on a hook. Especially since Drake has had an Obsession with her since 2005. And she was a victim of Abuse from Chris Brown. Would be ideal to address the woman beating allegation's and if untrue, flip it and put the final nail in the coffin for this diss war. Again this was just an unverified rumor. And if he does drop another one he also should put receipts or proof of if Drake was lying about the set up and other child stuff

• Like 2

• Like 3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.