Biden uses crackdown on student protests to promote $37b bill for 100k new cops

Communion

My city's police department staffed at 40%. Drunk drivers, reckless driving, and petty crime is increasing. The wait time for a police response is up to 4 hours, sometimes. We need more police officers, period.

but go off in your own bubble and serve your own narrative and not the actual lived realities of people. I'm so sure he is increasing this just for college protesters 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

Biden supports the brutal crackdown on dissident anti-genocide voices:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

he really is the root of all evil 

• Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, thesegayz said:

but go off in your own bubble

The title of Biden's press release in the above tweet:

Record Decrease in Violent Crime in 2024

Why would one need more police officers when 1) violent crime and police funding do not correlate (crime correlates more with economic waves) and 2) violent crime is down?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

78FF20D8-74DB-45B7-B52D-F6DCBDAE669A.thu brainless c*nt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 5

The US is ******. Both Biden and Trump are the worst options ever, only that Biden pretends to be something that he's not. He's just another CRIMINAL ******* who deserves the worst. 

• Like 10
  • Thumbs Down 3

21 minutes ago, thesegayz said:

My city's police department staffed at 40%. Drunk drivers, reckless driving, and petty crime is increasing. The wait time for a police response is up to 4 hours, sometimes. We need more police officers, period.

but go off in your own bubble and serve your own narrative and not the actual lived realities of people. I'm so sure he is increasing this just for college protesters 

Didn't ya know everything revolves  around "college protesters" now 💀

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

More of this I guess

26 minutes ago, thesegayz said:

Drunk drivers, reckless driving

You realize that drunk drivers and reckless driving have nothing to do with how many police officers your city has, right?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

"We need more cops!!" meanwhile America's largest police force is being officially investigated for spending most of their time harassing people on Twitter. :deadbanana4:

• Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, getBusy said:

You realize that drunk drivers and reckless driving have nothing to do with how many police officers your city has, right?

Do you realize that laws are punishment? And without someone to catch you, laws become suggestions? Before 2016, my city used to have checkpoints at random spots in the city, because the culture was known for drinking too much. Now that they're understaffed, drunk driving has increased, again.

if a drunk driver doesn't feel the risk of getting their license suspended (don't even mention the actual enforceability of said suspension if there aren't enough cruisers around), they will drive drunk. Period.

yall will go through mental gymnastics to say cops are the root of all evil, when they have a shitty job having to keep the city safe. Not to mention they get paid under $20/hr, for a city of nearly 1M. 

do most police departments have a brotherhood mentality? Yes, that needs to end. You can't just wave a wand and say the world would be safer without cops. It's moronic and it shows you don't critically think

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

But please, provide a solution for what needs to happen. Who will enforce the laws? Who will respond to domestic violence disputes? Dog attacks? Shootings? Fatal accidents? Trespassing? Stalker attacks? 

but you're so myopically focused on college protesters, that your tilt really shows you're incapable of critical thought. Modern society is a messy, tangled up mess of fiefdoms—your hypothetical world of anarchy is objectively worse than the messed up world of egos we have to deal with now

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, thesegayz said:

Before 2016, my city used to have checkpoints at random spots in the city,

this isn't something you should be wanting again :rip: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Communion said:

"We need more cops!!" meanwhile America's largest police force is being officially investigated for spending most of their time harassing people on Twitter. :deadbanana4:

NYPD is mad corrupt all the bs i seen :skull:we dont need more cops. a complete overhaul of better cops, yes. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, thesegayz said:

Do you realize that laws are punishment? And without someone to catch you, laws become suggestions? Before 2016, my city used to have checkpoints at random spots in the city, because the culture was known for drinking too much. Now that they're understaffed, drunk driving has increased, again.

Not to mention they get paid under $20/hr, for a city of nearly 1M. 

WLxCWFg.png

Average Starting Salary - Police Officers:

Austin, TX - $31/hr

Charlotte, NC - $28/hr

Jacksonville, FL - $32/hr

Fort Worth, TX - $32/hr

San Jose, CA - $36/hr

?

Edited by Communion
  • Haha 1

But please, provide a solution for what needs to happen. Who will enforce the laws? Who will respond to domestic violence disputes? Dog attacks? Shootings? Fatal accidents? Trespassing? Stalker attacks? 

but you're so myopically focused on college protesters, that your tilt really shows you're incapable of critical thought. Modern society is a messy, tangled up mess of fiefdoms—your hypothetical world of anarchy is objectively worse than the messed up world of egos we have to deal with now

You could always move away? Even if they hire more cops the problems you listed will still continue. They'll spend the extra funds getting new police vehicles, uniforms before they service the public.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, thesegayz said:

Who will respond to domestic violence disputes?

Wow, I can't believe what I just Googled :omg:

• Thumbs Down 1

We should use some of that money to figure out how to get better people to join the Police force.  How to make it more appealing to people who would actually do the job justice. In my small town most of the police are egotistical men who peaked in high school but still believe they are some high school bully 💀

• Thumbs Down 1

45 minutes ago, thesegayz said:

It's moronic and it shows you don't critically think

Your ONLY solution is to have more cops but i'm the one who can't think critically :rofl:

seems like you get your news from Breitbart so i won't be engaging anymore :heart:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

yes america needs more untrained, trigger happy, racist pigs 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

9 hours ago, getBusy said:

This is stupid. Without cops who do you think catches these people and stops them from doing it again? :toofunny2:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

This is stupid. Without cops who do you think catches these people and stops them from doing it again? :toofunny2:

Sure, but the amount of cops isn't gonna stop people from reckless driving. How do you think the thought process gonna go exactly?

"Oh my god they just hired 100k cops, maybe I shouldn't drink and drive." 

no one is thinking that. don't tell me you want to subject citizens to checkpoints like that other user suggested. just giving up the rights you have left, just for a false sense of security 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.