Frozen vs Barbie: bigger cultural phenomenon..?

Da Vinci

Frozen vs Barbie: bigger cultural phenomenon..?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Frozen or Barbie?

• The wickedly talented Adele Dazeem
    • I am Kenough

People in here acting like Frozen was only a hit with children as if it wasn't the highest grossing movie of its respective year :deadbanana2: like it takes much more than just some children and their parents to make a movie THAT big, it was a global, trans-generational phenomenon and kinda still is. It's also the better movie :michael:

frozen is so huge that the merch was everywhere, that song let it go was heard everywhere, like it was a mania. crazy. 

Honestly wasn't expecting the landslide :skull: Popularity is truly cyclical, I remember ATRL dragging Frozen in the second half of the 2010s and now people tolerate it at least.

I do agree that Frozen's peak had more longevity, I remember it still being huge and talked about 2 years later. :deadbanana:

And Frozen's phenomenon was sparked by the content itself: the songs, the sisterhood, the metaphors, analyses, think pieces about Elsa representing multiple marginalized groups all at once, etc.

Meanwhile I think Barbie's hype peaked before its release and most of the mania around it revolved around external factors outside of its actual content like the memes planted by their marketing team, the A-List cast's promos, Margot serving look after look after look at events and of course the Barbenheimer event. But to be fair it still triggered discussions about feminism around the world and hit a nerve in conservative countries.

I think it's much closer than people think.

I think Barbie caused a bigger frenzy when it was released but Frozen proved to have staying power over the years as a pop culture phenomenon. As others mentioned already, you still see Frozen merch everywhere to this day. I'm not sure Barbie will cause the same discussion 10 years from now, but time will tell.

And as much as I loved Margot in Barbie, the movie kinda sucked tbh. Both Frozen movies are largely better imo. 

Frozen and it's not even close

Adele Dazeem and Demi's impact lasted longer than Barbenheimmer, I fear.

But the original song by Aqua >>> Frozen (the song) 

Barbie as a brand. Frozen as a 3D animated movie. 

I voted for barbie before I read properly i was voting for overall franchise ..whoops...change my vote 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.