Worst box-office bombs of 2023 revealed. Disney obliterates, 4 entries in the top 5.

Space Cowboy

Wish deserved LESS

Not surprising. I saw 3/5 of these (The Marvels, The Flash, and Wish) and they seemed very half baked, and the other two were remakes/sequels that very few people were asking for or wanted.

It doesn't help that these films were arguably unnecessarily expensive AF, like who approved these bloated budgets and what the hell did they go to? :deadbanana2:

Budgets (High End Where Applicable)

The Marvels: $274.8M

The Flash: $200M

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny: $387M (:deadbanana4:)

Wish: $200M

Haunted Mansion: $150M

This just proves what everyone has been saying for a while: that these studio execs (especially at Disney) are incredibly out of touch at the moment. :shakeno:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

Not surprising. I saw 3/5 of these (The Marvels, The Flash, and Wish) and they seemed very half baked, and the other two were remakes/sequels that very few people were asking for or wanted.

It doesn't help that these films were arguably unnecessarily expensive AF, like who approved these bloated budgets and what the hell did they go to? :deadbanana2:

Budgets (High End Where Applicable)

The Marvels: $274.8M

The Flash: $200M

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny: $387M (:deadbanana4:)

Wish: $200M

Haunted Mansion: $150M

This just proves what everyone has been saying for a while: that these studio execs (especially at Disney) are incredibly out of touch at the moment. :shakeno:

The MCU will spend $250 million on a movie and leave zero dollars for cinematography and color grading. Besides The Eternals (thank you Chloé Zhao!), all their movies look HORRIBLE. :dies:

• Like 1

the marvels deserved way better Idc what the musty misogynistic mcu male fans think, that movie was fun.

• Like 1

I took a listless peek at The Marvels' cast and oof.....this film was destined to bomb :rip:

1 hour ago, Alaska. said:

Is that true? My sister told me most of the Ariel dolls from the remake had huge discounts after a few weeks because people weren't buying it. This was in France though, idk about the US

The US has over 40 million black people. The Ariel doll and other items was popular here amongst black girls and women. 

Disney slaying the unintended charts :clap3:

Not surprised tbh.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.