Slayyyter is leaving her record label, will be independent in a few months

STARFUCKER

Feel vindicated everyone else thought she was independent too 💀

Good for her. I think it's so exciting the way the music industry is now that you don't NEED a label to be successful (look at RAYE for example, although valid argument is she had hype before).

She always struck me as an independent artist and if she was able to serve TP and Starfucker on a Label i'm excited what she brings when she has creative control. She's just been announced for Mighty Hoopla in London and always thought she'd fit the festival circuit. GAGGED to see her

Fader was supposed to shut down YEARS ago and I'm shocked it still exists. It's shut down half of its operations already. She probably saw the end coming and decided it was time to move on.

I wonder if she will be given her masters for TP and Starfucker? She has spoken about wanting to revisit tp and create a new cover for it so hopefully she will

i think this is great for her! have to admit i also didn't think she had a label before this :deadbanana2:

• 2 weeks later...

She should either stay independent and hope for a Raye-esque breakthrough or sign with Republic, if that's an option to her. Honestly the only major worth signing with in this age imo. Any other label is just asking to be shelved atp.

what a talented legend seriously, i'm really rooting for her 

20 days until hoopla :jonny:

On 5/3/2024 at 6:37 AM, STARFUCKER said:

I wonder if she will be given her masters for TP and Starfucker? She has spoken about wanting to revisit tp and create a new cover for it so hopefully she will

what?! It has such an iconic cover. I hope she doesn't do that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.