Lindsay Lohan and Rachel McAdams still interested in making Mean Girls sequel

okgo

this sequel is clearly what fetch is about, give it up deelishis

b8d4693d8ad379513e9999ec582aabf13ec23fe1

however it is interesting that People's posting this and framing as an exclusive since they're pretty much a celeb PR outlet... 

Tina also interestingly said for the first time a few months ago she's open to new writers pitching ideas for a sequel:

Speaking with GAY TIMES, Fey says she 'doesn't know' if a Mean Girls sequel will happen (sigh). However, if the gay gods are listening and it does miraculously come to fruition, she doesn't "think" she could be the one to write it.

"For me, hopefully, the characters from the original have outgrown their behaviours and are now nice, not interesting people," she explains, "but if someone's got a hot take, bring it over."

and Paramount IS struggling lately :mandown:

don't shoot the messenger :bird:

8011e9728c8b87d9d4d97b97bd8a6566fa1df577

I kinda hope it doesn't happen. Mean Girls is already perfect. A sequel would probably be very cringe.

• Like 13

isn't there already a sequel and a remake?! 

Please no. Mean Girls is a classic that can stand on its own two feet without an unnecessary sequel attached to it. 

• Like 1

Not every film needs a sequel.

1 minute ago, RideOrDie said:

isn't there already a sequel and a remake?! 

There is a sequel but most people have removed it from their memory banks. 

I have a feeling they pushed that musical film to see if there's any interest in the brand and they got a yes. So I can see a sequel happening now, something like Mean Moms or something in a very Real Housewives style and new characters, maybe one for a whole new Mean Girls universe. Hollywood is this desperate for money

I'd love to see the characters  all grown up and do their thing as adults. It might not be as good as the orignial movie but it indeed will warm my heart :heart2:

It is amazing how everything goes in and out of style but making bad sequels/remakes is something we can never get a break from.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Sequel this, remake that, spinoff these... such a terrible era for mainstream cinema. Will we ever get another New Hollywood? :deadbanana4:

Musical this. :rip: 

One is almost 40 the other is almost 50. They should've done a college edition with a whole sorority thing. How would that work today? Maybe a Girl's Trip/Bridesmaids type movie but that isn't Mean Girls :doc: 

Let's face it. The only sequel they'll make is them being parents to some annoying gen z teens. It will not serve even half the iconicness the first one did. Give it a rest. :rip:

1 hour ago, Bends said:

Musical this. :rip: 

Add Biopic that

...to that egregious list :clap3:

spacer.png

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

if they do a sequel it needs to be left field & not a boring expected comedy, that wouldn't work. imagine an artsy a24 film following cady's life as a 40 something divorcee that feels lost in her life and gets back in touch with her old friends from north shore high :WAP:

Edited by Dolce Vita
  • Like 1

Mean Women: plot is about them bullying each other on the school's parents chat

• Haha 2

Idk, the humor in the first movie worked because it was "different time" back then, I'm dubious that they can make it work right now... Maybe if they can come up with a fresh/interesting plot maybe, but if it's literal Mean Girls: College Edition, I think it would be just a mess

Didn't Rachel decline before ? 
anyways i'd love to see them back together and honestly with a good storyline it could be great 

If they are going to be Mean Moms to some new annoying teens they can keep it

Its very very hard to make this work.

I would still watch for Nostalgia reasons, but they would need one hell of a new idea to make this work

I always find it funny when people don't want sequels 

If it is good people will be happy if it is bad people will eventually forget about it. There are several movies from the 80s that had horrible sequels and people still love the original. It doesn't erase the original film. 

Please let it go 

I'm here for it!

they should do something really left field like turn it into a horror movie or something.

• Haha 4

The musical was genuinely toned down from what made the original film so special. If it weren't for the character names, you could almost label it as a regular teen movie.

I'm not sure if they could create a sequel that shows what made Mean Girls so special - if it were say, Mean Houswives for example, what signifiers could really make the characters stick out the way they did in the first? It's hard. Tina is right to say she just hopes that the characters are nice and uninteresting now.

Posted (edited)

noo they old af we want renee rapp and avantika

spacer.png

Edited by kellebrity98

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.