Biden to Reclassify Marijuana to Schedule Class that includes Tylenol

Ryan

• ATRL Administrator

The Biden administration is set to reclassify marijuana from a Schedule I to a Schedule III controlled substance, marking a significant shift in U.S. drug policy. This move would acknowledge marijuana’s potential medical benefits and reduce restrictions on its research and pharmaceutical use.

The Department of Health and Human Services supports this change, highlighting marijuana’s lower health risks compared to other controlled substances. The rescheduling could benefit the $34 billion cannabis industry by easing tax burdens and potentially reducing the black market.

However, some critics argue that it could lead to increased marketing targeted at children and ignore the risks associated with high-potency marijuana.

The decision is still subject to a public review period and potential congressional intervention.

Source

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

oh slay

Ok Mr President :clap3:

"Give the kids their grass, maybe they'll stop bitching about Gaza"  - Biden, probably. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

Biden finally doing something not abysmal :clap3:

• Thanks 2

CV5BlX0WwAAYH8l.jpg

• Haha 2

His administration has been doing a lot more good things lately (looking at the recent ruling from the FTC and FCC), but it's frustrating it took this long, and is so transparent considering it's election season basically. But hey, I guess I'll take it because this is long overdue!

We'll see. I still don't like the concept of legalizing marijuana under the guise of its medicinal properties without the conjunction of affordable/universal healthcare. Majority of Americans cannot afford healthcare without their employer paying part of it. That's ridiculous. Until then, it just seems like they are allowing people to self medicate so they can shut up.

Just a small correction with the title - Schedule III includes Tylenol with codeine, not just Tylenol by itself :flower2:

So it would fall into the same category as things like testosterone and ketamine. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

As he should. The only reason it was ever classified as a Schedule I drug is solely as a means to police black and Mexican Americans disproportionately. He's finally doing something decent.  

• Like 1

finally :rip: this should have happened eons ago

• Like 1

Another great policy change that would never happen under a Trump admin. 👏🏼👏🏼

Could've done this when he got in office

• Like 1

What a desperate attempt to gain back the youth :ahh:

but slay.

Now let me go @ all the centrists on here who spent all of 2020 claiming "that's not how the laws works!!!! the president can't just do that!!!!".

There's something deeply cynical about promising to do this in 2020 to be elected and then saving it for the final year of your administration in hopes of getting re-elected, but, you know... sis, at least we got it. :cm:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Taylena said:

"Give the kids their grass, maybe they'll stop bitching about Gaza"  - Biden, probably. 

This is very clearly what's happening. :rip: They've seen the latest poll numbers from youth and are panicking. :keir:

2 hours ago, americanlife said:

Could've done this when he got in office

...like he promised

5 hours ago, Taylena said:

Or this will literally help millions of Americans who are and have been unjustly penalized because of how the gov't has treated weed for so long. This will directly positively impact communities of color which are disproportionately affected by the current scheduling.

5 hours ago, dawnettakins said:

His administration has been doing a lot more good things lately (looking at the recent ruling from the FTC and FCC), but it's frustrating it took this long, and is so transparent considering it's election season basically. But hey, I guess I'll take it because this is long overdue!

His admin has been doing great things since day one. :rip: Do not let the desperate leftists who pay zero attention to anything that does not get them social media likes make you think otherwise.

1 hour ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

What a desperate attempt to gain back the youth :ahh:

but slay.

:ahh: Biden and his admin already know you desperate virtue signalers do not vote. They are not counting on you or care about you. :rip: :rip: You are not important to them.

1 hour ago, nadiamendell said:

This is very clearly what's happening. :rip: They've seen the latest poll numbers from youth and are panicking. :keir:

Polling numbers from youth who do not vote. You all are so desperate to think you matter when you do not.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

11 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Or this will literally help millions of Americans who are and have been unjustly penalized because of how the gov't has treated weed for so long. This will directly positively impact communities of color which are disproportionately affected by the current scheduling.

Sounds like we should avoid the 4 year long wait and just elect leftists aka those who came up with this idea from now on then!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sannie said:

His admin has been doing great things since day one. :rip: Do not let the desperate leftists who pay zero attention to anything that does not get them social media likes make you think otherwise.

:ahh: Biden and his admin already know you desperate virtue signalers do not vote. They are not counting on you or care about you. :rip: :rip: You are not important to them.

Polling numbers from youth who do not vote. You all are so desperate to think you matter when you do not.

Please. These are crumbs meant to help his ailing and flailing reelection campaign.

This should have happened a year, if not years ago. Not just in time for 2024 election cycle. When it can simply be undone by Trump if Biden isn't re-elected...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Sounds like we should avoid the 4 year long wait and just elect leftists aka those who came up with this idea from now on then!

Sure. But you're not gonna get that with out a Biden win in November 🤷

• ATRL Moderator

I’m very confused… because I very vividly remember being told I was uninformed for saying he could do this whenever he wanted?

:ryan3:

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Sannie said:

Biden is president specifically because of historic youth voter turnout.

https://circle.tufts.edu/latest-research/election-week-2020

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.