Mexican Presidential Election 2024 | Mexico elects first female president!

Mellark

Just now, Chemist said:

I like that she is a climate scientist. Lat Am countries keep electing the right leaders :gaycat4:

Will clash hard with future president Trump though :rip:

Naaa, she will get along well with Trump since she's basically AMLO's protege and he and Trump are besties 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mellark

• BrokenMachine

• Alongoria13

• ttsmu

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Glam said:

Well, I am not as informed about Mexican politics. Of course I have a bias against most of the latin american left because they are a mess, but at the same time I was hoping that she would turn out decent (still do). I was born in Venezuela but I try not to see Venezuelas everywhere and keep in mind that every country is different and has different circumstances so I really want to believe that leftists politicians in latin america aren't set out to build dictatorships everywhere and that it's just the Venezuelan left that's evil. So I secretly hope that what you're telling me is more of a messy conspiracy theory by the right and that it doesn't come to fruition.

Cant talk about Mexico cause i dont know the politics there to a big extend but lemme talk about the current situation in Colombia with our left president..............

OPEN SPOILER abajito   :gaycat4:

Spoiler

Im in Colombia right now and things are just gettin awful-scary with the new left president. :emofish:
Insurgents guerilla groups takin all over the country cause our current president was part of an insurgent violent group in the past too. So, he's not doin anything to fight those
I Have the videos of them invading towns here if yll want it.....
In my grandma farm theyre already puttin billboards and askin for vacinee (sobornos)
We are slowly regressin back to "90s Colombia" with kidnappings. bombings and stuff. We are in a path of destruction. 
The people in the biggest cities Bogota,Medellin live privileged lives-in a bubble and they ignore the dangers. Eventually it will come to them...
in places like Cauca-La Costa-El Sur del Pais-Huila things are gettin far more dangerous. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanielparishflannery/2024/03/20/will-security-problems-hurt-colombias-economy-in-2024/?sh=64a1b9794cd9

The industry. The commerce. The international investment down.
Our president Stopped our gas-oil extractions-energetic independence, so he's able to import gas and oil from Maduro.
https://www.elcolombiano.com/negocios/colombia-se-quedara-sin-petroleo-y-gas-en-menos-de-7-anos-si-no-hay-mas-descubrimientos-FF24565653

We had one of the top healthcare systems in the America's and we fell like 42 positions in the world ranking and so many of our healthcare providers gettin closed
https://consultorsalud.com/colombia-desplome-rank-sistemas-de-salud/
So say goodbye to PREP in the next few years-months.  Bye bye to Affordable surgeries and stuff. 
The teachers of my country are already strugglin but they were highly supportive of him...so i guess thats karma
https://www.infobae.com/colombia/2024/05/30/fecode-anuncia-paro-nacional-en-caso-de-que-no-se-solucione-el-tema-de-salud-de-los-docentes/

Food really expensive. Gasoline. Just everything. :emofish:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-02-15/colombian-economy-lags-forecasts-with-weakest-growth-since-pandemic

Our president is also is talkin about havin a CONSTITUYENTE con el poder popular and changin the constitution, So he's able to stay in power for a long time (Dictatorship)
All the ex-presidents of Colombia already spoke against him but our president is basically paying people right and left in the congress, so they support him
He also has some sort of populist cult like the trumpsters. No matter how much u try. Those are long gone.....
His campaign was also backed with narco and guerilla money.  He's involved in corruptions scandals every week :gaycat6:

https://thecitypaperbogota.com/news/u-s-cites-credible-concerns-of-irregular-financing-of-petros-2022-campaign/

Our president was also really good friends with Hugo Chavez and has supported Fidel Castro, Vladimir Putin and The Iran President who died in the helicopter crash
He's also an alcoholic and has a drug problem (coke)

We had Good Moderate Left candidates with amazing ideas in the last elections but people went for the extremist one with inflamatory hate discourse...... :biblionny:

-----------------------------------------
To summarize all...........

1. If our Democracy is strong enough and Petro is out......Colombia will have a bolsonaro-trump in the next years cause our current left goverment is a mess and people are very angry and dissapointed. With the dangers of insurgent groups takin over people will vote for the person who will bring them safety again like it happened with the Alvaro Uribe Presidency. Really bad. 

2. Another Latino Dictatorship similar to Venezuela, Nicaragua is slowly-fastly breeding here
Prepare for all the inmigrants from Colombia to arrive to your countries next with hunger,sufferin and tragic stories
Prepare for the Anglo ATRLERS with wealthy 1world lives defending these human rights abuses and sayin "But the sanctions" "USA fault"
Say goodbye to the beautiful country of Encanto and Shakira. 
I dont really wanna leave my country Colombia cause honestly its awesome but if this president is able to have the constituyente.
Im movin to West Europe,Northamerica,Oceania.....So, im able to send my parents money for their survival :giraffe:
My parents already told me how if Colombia goes down in flames they will stay here cause they dont wanna suffer the things the venezuelans went through or racism in a different country

Sorry por hablar de Colombia aqui hermanas. Esto es MEXICO.
Solo contando lo mal que van las cosas en mi pais.  Ojala no fueran asi pero es mi honesta life experience.
Aqui seleccionaron un tipo lleno de red flags y ahora todos pagamos por ello.
Parece que el Presidente de Chile,Brazil o Uruguay no son tan malos????.
Toca es tal vez seleccionar gente mas moderada,estable y no los extremistas???

Aqui una cancion que amo que mezcla lo mejor de COLOMBIA (Shakira) Y MEXICO (Grupo Frontera) :gayoncecat3:
Mandeme un taquito a Colombia hermanas mexicanas.  Yo les llevo empanadas de pollo y galletas de cafe

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Cant talk about Mexico cause i dont know the politics there to a big extend but lemme talk about the current situation in Colombia with our left president..............

Hide contents

Im in Colombia right now and things are just gettin awful-scary with the new left president. :emofish:
Insurgents guerilla groups takin all over the country cause our current president was part of an insurgent violent group in the past too. So, he's not doin anything to fight those
In my grandma farm theyre already puttin billboards and askin for vacinee (sobornos)
We are slowly regressin back to "90s Colombia" with kidnappings. bombings and stuff. We are in a path of destruction. 
The people in the biggest cities Bogota,Medellin live privileged lives-in a bubble and they ignore the dangers. Eventually it will come to them...
in places like Cauca-La Costa-El Sur del Pais-Huila things are gettin far more dangerous. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanielparishflannery/2024/03/20/will-security-problems-hurt-colombias-economy-in-2024/?sh=64a1b9794cd9

Our president Stopped our gas-oil extractions-energetic independence, so he's able to import gas and oil from Maduro.
https://www.elcolombiano.com/negocios/colombia-se-quedara-sin-petroleo-y-gas-en-menos-de-7-anos-si-no-hay-mas-descubrimientos-FF24565653

We had one of the top healthcare systems in the America's and we fell like 42 positions in the world ranking and so many of our healthcare providers gettin closed
So say goodbye to PREP in the next few years-months.  Bye bye to Affordable surgeries and stuff. 
The teachers of my country are already strugglin but they were highly supportive of him...so i guess thats karma
https://www.infobae.com/colombia/2024/05/30/fecode-anuncia-paro-nacional-en-caso-de-que-no-se-solucione-el-tema-de-salud-de-los-docentes/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-02-15/colombian-economy-lags-forecasts-with-weakest-growth-since-pandemic

Our president is also is talkin about havin a CONSTITUYENTE con el poder popular and changin the constitution, So he's able to stay in power for a long time (Dictatorship)
All the ex-presidents of Colombia already spoke against him but our president is basically paying people right and left in the congress, so they support him
He also has some sort of populist cult like the trumpsters. No matter how much u try. Those are long gone.....
His campaign was also backed with narco and guerilla money.  He's involved in corruptions scandals every week :gaycat6:

https://thecitypaperbogota.com/news/u-s-cites-credible-concerns-of-irregular-financing-of-petros-2022-campaign/

Our president was also really good friends with Hugo Chavez and has supported Fidel Castro, Vladimir Putin and The Iran President who died in the helicopter crash

We had Good Moderate Left candidates with amazing ideas in the last elections but people went for the extremist one with inflamatory hate discourse...... :biblionny:

1. If our Democracy is strong enough and Petro is out......Colombia will have a bolsonaro-trump in the next years cause our current left goverment is a mess and people are very angry and dissapointed. With the dangers of insurgent groups takin over people will vote for the person who will bring them safety again like it happened with the Alvaro Uribe Presidency. Really bad. 

2. Another Latino Dictatorship similar to Venezuela, Nicaragua is slowly-fastly breeding here
Prepare for all the inmigrants from Colombia to arrive to your countries next with hunger,sufferin and tragic stories
Prepare for the Anglo ATRLERS with wealthy 1world lives defending these human rights abuses and sayin "But the sanctions" "USA fault"
I dont really wanna leave my country Colombia cause honestly its awesome but if this president is able to have the constituyente.
Im movin to West Europe,Northamerica,Oceania.....So, im able to send my parents money for their survival :giraffe:
My parents already told me how if Colombia goes down in flames they will stay here cause they dont wanna suffer the things the venezuelans went through or racism in a different country

Solo contando lo mal que van las cosas en mi pais.  Ojala no fueran asi pero es mi honesta life experience.

Aqui una cancion que amo que mezcla lo mejor de COLOMBIA (Shakira) Y MEXICO (Grupo Frontera) :gayoncecat3:
Mandeme un taquito a Colombia hermanas mexicanas.  Yo les llevo empanadas de pollo y galletas de cafe

This is really scary sis :dancehall: you're one of my favorite posters here, I hope your country will move to a better path soon

11 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Hide contents

Sending you lots of hugs and best wishes for our countries to be as good as they can. Wish I could send you some taquitos and get some coffee and chicken back :)

18 hours ago, ttsmu said:

Así dijeron cuando ganó AMLO y el país recibió más inversión extranjera que nunca, más de 6 millones de mexicanos dejaron de ser pobres en su administración, el valor del peso creció y se fortaleció tanto que Mexico paso de ser la economía #16 a la #12 en el mundo, el salario mínimo aumentó más del doble, entre muchas otras cosas.

Pero bueno, sigan creyendo lo que les dice Televisa, Adela Micha y compañia.

Los argumentos anti AMLO siempre son que seremos "la nueva Venezuela" y que es un dictador y bla bla bla y sus resultados han sido todo lo contrario. En 6 años ha hecho más que el PRIAN en 36 años. 

A los pocos que quedan que apoyan al PRIAN si que no los entiendo, no sé cuál es la razón que los lleva a hacerlo después de ver cómo esos partidos han destruido el país por decadas. Supongo que los medios opositores les tienen lavado el cerebro, por qué no encuentro otra razón.

Con el PRIAN todo iba a peor con cada administración. Ellos empezaron la violencia, la pobreza crecía, el valor del peso se depreciaba cada vez más, vendieron y privatizaron muchas empresas, en fin. Nunca he escuchado a alguien que vote por el PRIAN decir algo coherente del por qué apoyan a esos partidos corruptos. Solo se dedican a decir que "seremos la próxima Venezuela" cuando en realidad para allá íbamos si seguía ganando el PRIAN.

La mayoría de los mexicanos están contentos con lo que logro AMLO y eso se demostró con los resultados del domingo con el triunfo arrollador de Claudia. :clap3:

De nada sirve que el valor de peso haya crecido (lo cual tiene un poco más que ver con la caída de otras monedas que por fortalecimiento de la economía local), y que el salario mínimo haya subido al doble, cuando la canasta básica subió al triple, y los salarios alcanzan para menos cosas.

Podrás decir que el PRIAN "empezó la violencia", pero los homicidios están en su punto más alto histórico, con su estrategia de "abrazos, no balazos", burlandose en las mañaneras de victimas de violencia, mientras lanza apoyo a familiares de narcotraficantes. Gracias al PRIAN existen el INE, el IMSS, INFONAVIT. mientras que con Morena, existe una superfarmacia que surte 3 recetas al día, un tren maya que aniquiló mucha flora y fauna local, un aeropuerto que casi nadie usa. 

Antes el sector salud no estaba como en Dinamarca, pero al menos la gente recibía la mínima atención básica, con AMLO después de quitar el seguro popular, volvió mucho más difícil para muchas personas recibir ciertos tratamientos. Sin mencionar que fue de las peores gestiones de la pandemia a nivel mundial, y México fue de los países con más defunciones.

La mayoría de los mexicanos están descontectos con lo que logró AMLO, y cada vez empieza a salir más evidencia de que los resultados del domingo son resultado de un fraude arrollador.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Bosque said:

This is really scary sis :dancehall: you're one of my favorite posters here, I hope your country will move to a better path soon

Aww thank u so much. Youre a sweetheart.  I really hope things get better or  i will have to leave.  :gaycat4:
Big countries like Russia-China are already dictatorships. We have also USA in the brink of a Dictatorship with Trump, So authoritarism is not a conspiracy
It can happen to your country too.

Im here totally for a progressive left president but someone nice and with a good heart-good intentions. 
Hope yll in mexico. Things get really better too. Hope a miracle happens :chick1:
Ugly politicians. Hate em all. Like wendy said :rogue:

Edited by AvadaKedavra

7 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Sending you lots of hugs and best wishes for our countries to be as good as they can. Wish I could send you some taquitos and get some coffee and chicken back :)

Aww thank u. Lemme bring the best colombian delicacies and lets dance to the mexican icons :gayorkcat2:

KVH8y3i.jpeg

Not the upper middle and middle class also voting for Sheinbaum over Xochitl despite the countless classist claims in social media. PRIAN is so in shambles :sistrens:

39 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Not the upper middle and middle class also voting for Sheinbaum over Xochitl despite the countless classist claims in social media. PRIAN is so in shambles :sistrens:

La mayoría del país voto por Claudia, sin importar la clase social. La sociedad de Mexico, en general, cada vez esta mas informada y ya no se deja manipular por los medios tradicionales como se hizo durante decadas. Eso es un gran avance :clap3:

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2024 at 9:59 PM, Glam said:

Well, I am not as informed about Mexican politics. Of course I have a bias against most of the latin american left because they are a mess, but at the same time I was hoping that she would turn out decent (still do). I was born in Venezuela but I try not to see Venezuelas everywhere and keep in mind that every country is different and has different circumstances so I really want to believe that leftists politicians in latin america aren't set out to build dictatorships everywhere and that it's just the Venezuelan left that's evil. So I secretly hope that what you're telling me is more of a messy conspiracy theory by the right and that it doesn't come to fruition.

It's mostly a messy conspiracy. They're gonna turn the country into a mess of course, but not to Venezuela's level since, for bad but also a little good reasons, the USA wouldn't allow that

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

spacer.png

Some people doing THE most :rip:

53 minutes ago, Porygon2z said:

spacer.png

La oposición en Mexico está compuesta, en su mayoría, por la parte de la sociedad más clasista, racista, homofoba del país. Nada nuevo bajo el sol.

Lo peor es que ya no les da ni vergüenza reconocerlo. 

Lo que he llegado a leer en redes sociales en estos días es más que lamentable. :biblio:

Claudia's response to Xochitl wanting to do a recount. Basically a 'sure, I couldn't care less' s:wan:

And yeah, her PR training seems insane, and it also feels so strange going back to a diplomatic president after fools like Peña Nieto and AMLO :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Porygon2z said:

spacer.png

The greatest lashing of them all is the one I posted early today. There are receipts showing not just the lower class voted for Claudia, but also the middle and upper middle class preferred her over Xochitl, so they're just scrambling and telling straight and awful lies by this point just to get their hate speech out :redface:

PRI used to be the MPG girl, but they 

On 6/5/2024 at 3:54 PM, Porygon2z said:

spacer.png

It's giving MAGA, but then again most people who voted for Xóchitl are whitexicans, the rich who don't want to pay taxes, and the classists. Mexico has a classism problem. The amount of güeritos using the Xóchitl remix audio was insane. 8:deadbanana2:

Is the swearing in on October 1?

What's up with the Mexican Peso devaluation related to the election?

On 4/29/2024 at 4:06 AM, Mean Trees said:

PRI PAN PRD having to come together :ahh:Shows how they were all the same all along.

It's funny you say this because PRD could've easily formed an alliance with Morena, 4T and Verde considering some of their ideologies align with Morena. :deadbanana: But PRIAN-PRD are in their flop era, so they had to come together because their party is in shambles. MC ended PRD lowkey, tanked as the chavitos say on Pop Crave.

:suburban:

On 6/8/2024 at 12:41 PM, Sergi91 said:

What's up with the Mexican Peso devaluation related to the election?

It happens in every election. Also, PRIAN spent the whole campaign fear mongering that if Claudia won, it was over for our economy and Venezuela 2.0 and blah blah, so the rich people are getting their money somewhere else while the uncertainty stabilizes :rip:

• Like 1

Also, I don't get the 'communist' claims for Claudia, she just had a meeting with Black Rock which is like, the least communist organization of them all, she's gonna auction the whole country just like she did with CDMX through Airbnb, which are not good news at all anyways :ryan3:

Edited by BrokenMachine

Palazuelos and Mariana Rodriguez being PANNED :hippo:

4 hours ago, BrokenMachine said:

Palazuelos and Mariana Rodriguez being PANNED :hippo:

Toñita, Arce, Lili Brillanti, Roberto Palazuelos flopping.... and Ludoviquito Peluche being a councilor por PRIAND :deadbanana:

Morena sweeping, PRIPANPRD tanking.

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2024 at 2:28 PM, BrokenMachine said:

It happens in every election. Also, PRIAN spent the whole campaign fear mongering that if Claudia won, it was over for our economy and Venezuela 2.0 and blah blah, so the rich people are getting their money somewhere else while the uncertainty stabilizes :rip:

CDMX always was PRD-leaning and then Morena gagged her a bit and it never became Venezuela 2.0 like PANistas just said it (they are like Republicans, but classy and not the MAGA type, but their recent behavior is giving Trump) just like Miss Delfina gagging Ale de Moral last year.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBB6rUXArWn-QPEJZdbh1

Edited by Mellark

La cuarta transformacion sigue!!

Everyone knows that AMLO government was one of the best! Even though press always tried to say the opposite. Facts are facts.

I just hope Claudia can make something related to security. that was the weakest point AMLOs presidency. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.