The Sun: Girls Aloud's team wary Nadine Coyle and Cheryl could clash again

Gwendolyn

this is from the sun so take this is a huge pinch of salt :rip:

-

Fears for the tour

But while the women, who have promised fans their most impressive staging yet, have been full of enthusiasm leading up to their big return, insiders are worried it could all end in disaster considering their history.

The girls certainly gave a glimmer of their unease as they failed to crack smiles when arriving to rehearse for the first time.

Our insider tells us: "It's no secret that Cheryl and Nadine had a fraught relationship and professional rivalry back in the day- they couldn't even agree when Girls Aloud split - so now, they're on best behaviour with the reunion.

"But behind the scenes a lot of the team are wary they'll clash again. They both look back and can see they were both at fault, they've both matured a lot - and due to professional and personal life challenges they've faced since the band, they no longer have the egos or competitiveness they did back then."

They continued:  "Cheryl, Nicola and Kimberly are best friends and it seems like they are really trying not to exclude Nadine as they don't want anything to derail this tour or cause tension - and Nadine is making a huge effort with them too, she's really gotten to know the grown up versions of them over the last year and become close.

"Without all the drama of the younger years - who sings what part of what song, who is getting the most headlines - everyone is hoping they can put the past behind them. 

"But a lot of people who know the band thought 'uh oh' when they saw how the band dressed for the tour announcement - Nadine, on purpose or not, totally upstaged Cheryl with her incredible outfit. 

"Everyone is worried that when the pressure of the tour is on, tempers will fray and it'll end in disaster."

nadine-coyle-nicola-roberts-cheryl-88079

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/27510375/girls-alouds-comeback-tour-end-disaster/

Even forgetting the fact this a tabloid as they usually like to stir the pot - why would they be bothered who "looks better" in press shots considering everything that has happened?

However I could see them clashing in regard to song choices and costumes for the tour but I assume they could make compromises - it's a short tour (so far) after all.

• Like 1

I'm sure Cheryl will fume when she hears Nadine actually hitting the notes when she sings live :suburban:

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Sounds like some tabloid bullshit made up to pit women against each other. Nadine and Cheryl have been fine for years.

• Like 4

i do think this is purely fabricated / "reported" by sources completely stuck in the past. they seem to be in a good place

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

it seems like they are really trying not to exclude Nadine

How kind they are... They're a group, of course, they don't do that. :rip: 

I don't see it, they've been through too much for pettiness.

• Like 1

even if it's true, the tour is only a month worth of shows, they can go through that :skull:

• ATRL Administrator

Sounds like fan fiction. But yay to everyone being on their best behavior. :duca:

Not them making false narratives based on alleged assumptions. The girls seem to be in a great place personally and professionally speaking and they would've agreed to embark on this tour if the chemistry wasn't there in the first place. They know best this time around. June 22nd can't come soon enough :WAP:

Ah yes.  The Sun attempting to create nonexistent drama between women yet again.  What else is new?

But seriously though.  One of their bandmates literally died of cancer, and the reason they are reuniting is to celebrate their legacy.  I doubt there will be any serious fights between them other than regular disagreements and negotiations one would expect on any group tour.

Also, to be frank, if there ever was a rift within Girls Aloud, I highly doubt it was between Nadine and Cheryl.  If anything, it is more likely to have been between Nicola and Nadine or between Kimberley and Nadine.  I don't think Cheryl was ever really that bothered by Nadine and the same goes for Nadine with regards to Cheryl.  I'm not sure why the public pitted those two against each other specifically, when there were other members in the group that seemed much more at odds with Nadine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glitch said:

I'm sure Cheryl will fume when she hears Nadine actually hitting the notes when she sings live :suburban:

I'm sure she won't mind considering her solo career took off with mid vocals while Nadine's was only heard on the Tesco aisles

:suburban:

Edited by lillavend3r
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

this is from the sun so take this is a huge pinch of salt 

The Sun is impeccable for its pop music coverage.

girl that article literally said nothing :clack: reads like an atrl post trying to stir **** up

Cheryl and Nadine are absolutely fine. Nadine wouldn't have been at Cheryl's 40th birthday holiday last summer if they weren't. Are they best friends? Probably not, but they seem to have a good relationship now - so obviously the tabloids can't stand that fact.

From what I remember, Nadine and Cheryl's beef was hugely fabricated. They always got along. It's more likely that the problem was between Nadine and Kimberley/Nicola. You can feel the there was something going on in interviews after the band took the hiatus in 2009.

They are more than fine. You can even see how much Cheryl enjoys Nadine's company in recent interviews. She finds Nadine really funny.

I doubt anything will derail the tour, they all need the money, so the show will go on.

this is just tabloids being tabloids. x

8 hours ago, Bitter Aging Twink said:

Ah yes.  The Sun attempting to create nonexistent drama between women yet again.  What else is new?

But seriously though.  One of their bandmates literally died of cancer, and the reason they are reuniting is to celebrate their legacy.  I doubt there will be any serious fights between them other than regular disagreements and negotiations one would expect on any group tour.

Also, to be frank, if there ever was a rift within Girls Aloud, I highly doubt it was between Nadine and Cheryl.  If anything, it is more likely to have been between Nicola and Nadine or between Kimberley and Nadine.  I don't think Cheryl was ever really that bothered by Nadine and the same goes for Nadine with regards to Cheryl.  I'm not sure why the public pitted those two against each other specifically, when there were other members in the group that seemed much more at odds with Nadine.

The only rift the girls had was Nadine doing the steps to kickstart a solo career before the hiatus (around Tangled Up), and then again cause of Cheryl blowing up and ultimately most of the girls wanting to disband the group after Ten while Nadine didn't want to as her solo career failed (and of course teenage and young adulthood girl drama).

Is that photo recent? I can't believe I'm saying this, but visually, Nadine appears to have aged better than Cheryl.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.