Oklahoma, Florida and Texas begin allowing chaplains in public schools

Espresso

That's the bad type of mental illness. The more we let religious people roam freely like that the less safe we are.

More religious people = more abuse, death and civil war. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

These people won't rest until everyone is as insane as they are 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Daddy said:

That's the bad type of mental illness. The more we let religious people roam freely like that the less safe we are.

Literally 

Most (if not all) major conflicts in the world are rooted deep down from religious beliefs

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Daddy said:

That's the bad type of mental illness. The more we let religious people roam freely like that we are not safe.

I don't agree. People have different norms and values and religon isn't abusive for all people. Chaplains being present also probably won't take away the presence of professional mental healthcare. There could be religious students that feel the need for this type of care. Who knows.

And let's not pretend that wars fought in the name of atheism haven't historically also been extremely detrimental. The notion that non-religious people are angels and religious people are abusive and bad for the world is just not true. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

18 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I don't agree. People have different norms and values and religon isn't abusive for all people. Chaplains being present also probably won't take away the presence of professional mental healthcare. There could be religious students that feel the need for this type of care. Who knows.

And let's not pretend that wars fought in the name of atheism haven't historically also been extremely detrimental. The notion that non-religious people are angels and religious people are abusive and bad for the world is just not true. 

This. Everyone subscribes to some form of a religion, whether it's rooted in theological or secular values. We all have some sort of a belief system to shape our views of the world.

I don't at all agree with chaplains in schools, but I'm also getting tired of attacks from the left on western religions. A lot of people derive meaning and hope from religion -- Let them. Atheists and religious people alike have no idea what they're talking about...ultimately, no one has the definitively correct view on life, purpose, and what happens afterwards. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

"A lot of people derive meaning and hope from religion," but we're talking about Florida and Texas, states whose governments have consistently, routinely used religion as a weapon against its citizens. This is the same tactic in a new form.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

but I'm also getting tired of attacks from the left on western religions.

Oh man, sorry for the confusion! I think EVERY single religion is absolute trash, not only western. 

What I see here is facism rooted in religious nutjobs trying to make their made up fantasy rules OUR rules. 

**** that and **** them. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Reginald said:

"A lot of people derive meaning and hope from religion," but we're talking about Florida and Texas, states whose governments have consistently, routinely used religion as a weapon against its citizens. This is the same tactic in a new form.

This. Their "God" has so much in common with Adolf Hitler and Co. 

Inch resting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That country is a mess. Can anyone **** it before it's too late?

To me, the fact that these religious people want to force everyone in their country to follow THEIR book of rules - diminishing the value of any other religion other people may have - is sickening enough.

• Like 1

• ATRL Administrator

Now who’s going to be held liable when those chaplains are found to be abusing children? Cause there’s countless stories of pastors, priests, chaplains taking advantage of children. Know who isn’t? Drag queens. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

You are coping hard 

• Like 1

Project 2025 is real and they're making moves in plain site. Restrict learning in schools, introduce religion and indoctrinate them young. Make being poor and homeless illegal so they can have legal slave labor. We're heading into dark times :dancehall:

3 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Public schools are state institutions, so no, chaplains have absolutely no place in a state institution.  That's what religious schools are for.  If you want to look at what Oklahoma is trying to do, public schools there could very well become Christian-Public schools.  All of this is illegal, including allowing religious figures to essentially create codes of conduct at public schools.  

@OP I'm pretty sure if someone sued these states, it'll go to the SC, and even the SC would likely overturn these laws due to how blatant separation of church and state is in the constitution.

Edited by Archetype
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Now who's going to be held liable when those chaplains are found to be abusing children? Cause there's countless stories of pastors, priests, chaplains taking advantage of children. Know who isn't? Drag queens. 

… you know? Not that I wish any sort of SA or abuse on anyone, but this has all the potential of a massive powder keg that's just a bit too close to a lit match. If it blows up in their faces, it will do so in a spectacular fashion. 

2 hours ago, Pheromosa said:

You are coping hard 

I'm gonna have to agree with this. If they want to have some sort of spiritual advisors from a vast amount of religions then that would be one thing for the children who are religious. That said, you know these are going to be Christian and/or Catholic preachers and only cater towards one specific avenue. 

@KatyPrismSpirit I'll agree with you that some people do find comfort and support in religion. I'll even agree that there are some religious tenants that are pretty universally 'good' (don't kill, don't steal, treat others the way you want to be treated). That said, this is simply a way to weaponize these religious nutsacks cherry picked views. Read up on the crusades. Much of modern Christianity is based on Catholicism - run by the Roman Catholic Church… who would brutally execute any sort of dissenters. Let's not give these assholes a platform to weaponize it again.

We all know who they will target first - anyone not heterosexual, any minority, anyone choosing to worship a god that isn't theirs, anyone who looks or acts different, and anyone who has an opinion that differs from their own. 

And this is what the left wants the US to become.

Truthfully, this should be an easy win in any state or federal court in the land.  Not only does this go against our Constitution, unless these schools are also willing to allow religious figures from other religions walk the hall, this is a clear case of religious discrimination. All someone has to do is sue the state for not allowing a Muslim or Jewish leader walk the halls. 

These people are so damn dumb.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.