Apple slashes Vision Pro production and cancels updated headset as sales tank in USA

Kayseri Mantisi

Fff 

• ATRL Moderator

This is a great first product in the line, and I’m sure tons of people will want this, but $3500 is unreasonable :skull: 

Drop it down to be competitive with the macbook and the sales will be good 

They should aim for either the private AI assistant thingy (they're already working on it) or something like the RayBan Meta glasses. 

That price point is just outrageous. Unless I can use it and watch a movie and feel like I'm in the middle of the movie at any given time, with a full range of vision, it has no real purpose for me to want to spend that much on it.

10 minutes ago, venuss said:

They should aim for either the private AI assistant thingy (they're already working on it)

They're already working on it like how they were working on Apple Car right? :celestial5:

• Haha 1

Good. They need to put in more work for the Airpods Max. We needed Lossless quality on the headphones before these googles.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

Good. They need to put in more work for the Airpods Max. We needed Lossless quality on the headphones before these googles.

Oh now we said it :clap3:

54BvrGv.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I'd be more interested in these if 1. the price wasn't so ridiculous and 2. they didn't look so stupid :rip: 

In their current state, headsets are USELESS. Ain't nobody wearing that for more than 20 minutes. 

• Like 3

Machete

When are tech companies are going to realize that this Metaverse/VR crap isn't appealing to the GP yet? They need to find a way to sell us on the idea before selling us the product.

• Like 4

It's too expensive. The technology is cool and I think it will be our future. The possibilities are endless. I have a Quest 3 and I recently watched the Doja Cat concert in VR and it was just awesome. It was like you were really there and she looked so real. But this industry is not ready for the mass market yet. The headsets need to look better, be cheaper and have the best resolution. It will definitely take another decade.

• Like 4

It was too niche of a product. I don't doubt sometime in the future this technology will be the forefront, or will at least be more useful to the masses and industry markets, but right now it was only of interest to Apple stans.

Take it away and tweak it, work on a simpler idea that uses this technology like the sunglasses someone said above, finish working on the car you're meant to be working on, collaborate with other car manufacturers to implement this technology into heads-up displays in cars that use CarPlay. It's not a completely dud concept, but not a concept everyone and their gran is interested in spending $3,500 on.

18 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

its insane how with the price point of the airpod maxes, that they don't offer loseless. the least they could do is do it while it's connected via wire

37 minutes ago, Batsy Armada said:

That price point is just outrageous. Unless I can use it and watch a movie and feel like I'm in the middle of the movie at any given time, with a full range of vision, it has no real purpose for me to want to spend that much on it.

Yeah, there's no real specific everyday real world use that will make the average person shed $3500 

• Like 1

Damn, I wanna buy one of these things... I knew it would fail... if you have money, get one... never open it and in 10-30 years it will cost a fortune and someone with deep pockets will buy it lol 

I need PLAY full Vegas show that Katy recorded for this trash machine :doc:

:gaycat5:

Spoiler

I think I can guess what the future of these smart glasses will look like. In a decade or so, other manufacturers will make better glasses, better designed and cheaper and with great features, customizable, etc. People will start buying them, they will start getting used to them and then, when they see them as a necessity, Apple will dust off their ugly glasses and sell them at the same price as the current ones (or a little cheaper, but not as cheap as the competition, to give "prestige"), accompanied by aggressive advertising bullying the other glasses, and will give free ones to several celebrities to use them and people will want to have them. They will be more expensive than the others, "bu-but they are Apple!" So they will be a hit now. And I forgot to mention, Apple will release the same features as the others, but little by little, and people will say it's the same as the others, but improved, because, of course, it's Apple :clap3:

I'm just waiting for the price to drop and for them to be smaller and with a decent battery

The product is insanely good, but not a good time to get it this early 

• Like 1

You didn't need to pay someone a multi-million dollar salary to tell you a $3,500 price point was going to result in a flop. Tim Cook is over they need new leadership

The device is truly ahead of its time but at the same time like other people pointed out other than being too expensive it is also not really usable outside of home without the risk of looking dumb, I think it's too early for a device like that for a general audience consuption so I'm not really surprised this flopped.

Maybe if they weren't so obnoxiously expensive, or look like you're missing your snorkeler they would have been a main tech girlie but here we are in the bubbling under.  

Sorry but I'm skeptical headsets will ever be a thing. 10 years ago people were saying that Google Glass "was ahead of its time" or "10 years earlier"... a decade later and it's the same story again. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.