Amanda Seales on Club Shay Shay *INTERVIEW*

kishi

Premiering today is the Club Shay Shay (Shannon Sharpe) interview with Amanda Seales. 

She talks about a range of topics covering autism, her first major acting gig as a child on Nickelodeon, her college experience and her recent controversies with black media outlets like Essence and The Grio. 

Edited by kishi
  • Thanks 1

Omg gonna watch this tonight. She has been so wronged in the industry! 

Also need to find out the scoop on the Real. Like what happened there backstage :rip:

• Like 1

she is so well spoken and he is a dumbass

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, FOCK said:

Oh dear….

So you can't be racist until you're 18? 

what is Shannon saying?! I mean I guess it can be argued that they don't know no better cause all they know is what they parents tell them but it's still racist! 

Edited by Twixters
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Twixters said:

what is Shannon saying?! I mean I guess it can be argued that they don't know no better cause all they know is what they parents tell them but it's still racist! 

he's dumb. racism apologist 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Twixters said:

I think he's trying to say because they're kids and racism is learned behaviour that the judgement should be more lenient and the focus should be on the parents who taught them that but racism for adults is also still learned behaviour and being racist isn't a symptom of underdeveloped emotional intelligence like many white people like to think it is. 

Children can be racist. Yes it's learned behaviour but she literally just said they were being racist, not attributing the cause as being innate

• Thanks 1

The Issa Rae stuff was interesting... How do you (as a showrunner) think the best course of action is to remove yourself when it's about fixing conflict involving one of your castmates + decide to ice her out (The optics of this are worse when knowing that they have previously worked with each other b4).

You'd assume that one of your top priorities as a showrunner is to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for your cast but alas...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So many cringey parts in this interview so far.

This was really enlightening. Misunderstood creatives are my kindred folks. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.