Taylor Swift's 'Tortured Poets' 1st album to get 1B streams on Spotify in one week

Ryan

12 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

I remember 3 weeks ago Swifties claimed Beyonce only debuted so well because she had so many tracks. So now what's the truth? 

Taylor broke the Midnights record with 12 songs. Hope this helps! :gaylorcat2:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fleahive

• Redstreak

• BionicWooHoo

• Kitboga

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Taylena said:

Anti-Hero is the lead single with a MV and promoted on playlists as lead single. Why wouldn't it have the most streams?  :dies:

So why are you comparing cowboy Carter which has no music videos and no clear single after the album drop?

Just now, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Taylor broke the Midnights record with 12 songs. Hope this helps! :gaylorcat2:

And she wouldn't break it again this time if she didn't have almost triple the songs. Math is math. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, TaggedGalaxy said:

copium_png.png?format=auto

You 3 weeks ago

2 minutes ago, Tortured Poet said:

If the swifties were a numbers driven fan base, Carolina would have gone #1. This is all the GP baby

Also lead singles tend to get more because they are the lead single. :rip: Done lost your minds

Naw Flowers was an organic smash song you couldn't escape. Haven't heard this song once. 

Any Taylor criticism:

The cult: BUT SPOTIFY RECORDS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 21

4 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

And she wouldn't break it again this time if she didn't have almost triple the songs. Math is math. 

12 < 13

true or false? 

• Haha 1

fun fax: eternal halo outstreamed beyboy caryonce with less songs :ryan3:

and ttpd outstreamed both combined and doubled first week wise:ryan3:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

All of this for a complete dud of an album. And no Swifties, this will not be remembered in time retrospectively as a good or even decent body of work outside of your fanbase. Likely it'll just be another case study in the insane level of fame megastars like Taylor Swift achieve. 

Good thing our fanbase is the GP :bird:

• Haha 12

See when you have 31 tracks

• Thumbs Down 11

3 minutes ago, Clauss said:

Congrats on being the top poster in this thread celebrating Taylor!
Please dedicate more time to stream CC !! 

Whew yall are pressed by your hypocrisy. 

While I take a few seconds on this thread you keep streaming and purchasing multiple copies of an album you don't even like just so that you can pat yourself on the back for keeping your fave on top rewarding her for mediocre repetitive word salad diary ex break up music for the fifteenth time this decade!
:deadbanana2:

Edited by Fleahive
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 17

5 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

What? TTPD department broke the MIDNIGHTS record with 12 songs. Midnights set the record with 20 tracks. 

• Thanks 5

Not sure whether to be absolutely amazed or disgusted with this, kinda insane numbers :bloo: I love the album though, but even I cant say it's worth these numbers :gaycat3:

3 minutes ago, Sun said:

Given how big the album is, I'm saying obviously Fortnight has a colossus number of streams. The entire album has colossus streams on every song. If you're asking me if the song was pushed on its own, would it have the success it's currently seeing? No, lol. 

Do you have anything that can help you back this claim up? Because

Biggest 5th days of all-time:

1. Flowers

2. Driver's License

3. Fortnight

4. Seven

5. Bzrp Music Sessions, Vol. 53

6. Anti-Hero

7. Easy On Me

8. As It Was

9. Un x100to

10. 7 Rings

8 standalone singles and 2 Taylor Swift songs :michael: So it seems like for the most part songs get more streams when they're pushed on their own rather than with an entire album

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

At this rate the album will reach 1 trillion streams by 2038 :clap3:

• Haha 1

Some of you will find any excuse to discredit these numbers,:rip: 

At least I gotta admire the dedication :gaylorcat2:

13 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

So it's not a hit it's her fans obsessively streaming a song and purchasing so that she can stay #1. 

If her fans alone are doing these numbers, then I'm afraid her fanbase is the GP. :skull: 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

Whew yall are pressed by your hypocrisy. 

While I take a few seconds on this thread you keep streaming and purchasing multiple copies of an album you don't even like just so that you can pat yourself on the back for keeping your fave on top rewarding her for mediocre repetitive word salad diary ex break up music for the fifteenth time this decade!
:deadbanana2:

my hypocrisy? I love the album, it's a grower, it gets better everytime
go to sleep please, log off -

26 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

I remember 3 weeks ago Swifties claimed Beyonce only debuted so well because she had so many tracks. So now what's the truth? 

That her numbers would be even worse without them :sistrens: Taylor's first four tracks alone outdid cowboy cosplay

Edited by Redstreak
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, justin. said:

That's because the GP has never heard of Sputnik or Anthony Fantano, nor would they care if they had :deadbanana4:

I can't imagine caring about what a bald man who sits in front of a camera in his basement says about music :suburban:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kavish said:

If her fans alone are doing these numbers, then I'm afraid her fanbase is the GP. :skull: 

Oh I agree with that statement. Seeing a father buy his 9 year old daughter 7 vinyls from target totaling $300 dollars told me all I need to know. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Do you have anything that can help you back this claim up? Because

Biggest 5th days of all-time:

1. Flowers

2. Driver's License

3. Fortnight

4. Seven

5. Bzrp Music Sessions, Vol. 53

6. Anti-Hero

7. Easy On Me

8. As It Was

9. Un x100to

10. 7 Rings

8 standalone singles and 2 Taylor Swift songs :michael: So it seems like for the most part songs get more streams when they're pushed on their own rather than with an entire album

Which is my exact point about Fortnight's performance given TTPD's success is not "standard". We're on a thread discussing how it accumulated 1B streams in 5 days, lol. So my point about Miley's Flowers being more impressive and big as a standalone single given her "flop" eras preceding it, stands. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.