Should ATRLers get paid for posting?

Gelato

From my understanding the owners of the site are dormant. With every thread and post we make, we are potentially enriching them, keeping the site flowing with new content that they can slap ads around. 

Similar to Elon Musk's model of revenue sharing on X, should ATRLers be paid to post?

Of course, the example of X teaches us there would have to be some controls to prevent engagement farming.

Edited by Gelato
  • Like 2

Please no, some of y'all are insufferable enough as it is. The thought of Getting paid, EspeciaLly at a rate per engAgemenT, wOuld drive some users on this site into a frenzy and would ruin everything for the rest of us

:ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Thumbs Down 2

The amount of engagement farming this would create...

"x is bigger than x. Why?" threads by the SECOND

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If we adopt Twitter's model, then we should also pay monthly for a checkmark

The real question is: Should ATRLers pay ATRL monthly?

• Like 1

The fact that there's someone making money off of the ad revenue generated by us beefing over MPGs is...

honestly brilliant. 

:clack:

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Raichu said:

Damn how broke are you to be asking this?

Not at all, but it came into my mind when I opened this site without using an adblocker for the first time.

I knoW that for some AtrlerS, geTting to show thEir mum and Dad their first and (Probably) Only paycheque after 35 years spenT living in thE family home would be a special momeNT. I'll leAve it up to you foLks to continue the debate though :heart:

Edited by Gelato

Most of ya'll shouldn't be posting period 

6 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Please no, some of y'all are insufferable enough as it is. The thought of Getting paid, EspeciaLly at a rate per engAgemenT, wOuld drive some users on this site into a frenzy and would ruin everything for the rest of us

From the hypothesis of nominative determinism you were bound to disapprove

I actually think some people should be paid not to post anything tbh :heart:

• Haha 5

i'm already on the payroll of SM Entertainment and the Haus of Gaga though??? Did y'all not negotiate deals too? :suburban:

• Haha 2

Just now, Johnny said:

You can get paid by logging off and applying to jobs if money is such a concern for you. 

Please read the whole thread before posting - someone might have already said the same thing and the other person might have already responded.

We just can't get the staff anymore :shakeno:

• Haha 1

How about we pay some users to stop posting

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Johnny said:

You can get paid by logging off and applying to jobs if money is such a concern for you. 

:deadbanana4:

What? Atlantic didn't paid y'all for the Ava Max threads during her debut era? At least that's what I was told! 

Enjoy your 0,00000001 cents per post I guess cause I don't think the site makes enough profit for salaries:suburban:

No, but I should get reparations for having to read some people's posts :rogue:

• Haha 1

Sounds like money laundering

:rip: I'm pretty sure that is not profitable.

they make money by us clicking on those ads (ppc) or just by seeing them, depending on the deal. (CPM)

the question is, are we valuable for those companies that are paying atrl? Are we buying the products ? Pretty sure that our clicks have a high bounce rate (bad quality sessions)

Ok I will leave ATRL. I didn't realise how many people didn't like my posts, I thought it was only a few. It's mostly just stream of consciousness rambling that I hope to amuse people with and do alongside working on my assignments. But I don't want to be disruptive or negative to people's experience like this

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Why are people so mad at this :ahh: do moderators get paid? Is that why one of them snapped because this idea might steal some of their bag? :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

Well yes, but only if we're forced to donate it to a charity of our choice. :coffee:

I'm surprised some of you aren't the way yall defend some of these people :deadbanana2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.