• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• liam13

• Peroxide

• Michael196

• jonapova

They're not slick with the cheeseburger line lol

Dont they get the album in advance?

It's 2024, we don't need "critics" anymore. with streaming anyone can listen to the music and make their own opinions. With that said, I'd trust user reviews more than these paid people who think are the most important part of music

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

ATRL told me she has zero impact, panned & only consumed by her fans. Maybe try the girls with wigs, critical darlings & actual global impact :ducky:

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

But OTH need something to latch onto to help them cope

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, dirrtydiana said:

I'd trust user reviews more than these paid people who think are the most important part of music

you mean the reviews with people saying etc. "it's taylor swift so it's sh*t" with a 0? sure :cute:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

second fanbase won't approve this :suburban:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

They're not slick with the cheeseburger line lol

Dont they get the album in advance?

It's 2024, we don't need "critics" anymore. with streaming anyone can listen to the music and make their own opinions. With that said, I'd trust user reviews more than these paid people who think are the most important part of music

you're not subtle with your Taylor hatred. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, SwiftLover said:

ATRL told me she has zero impact, panned & only consumed by her fans. Maybe try the girls with wigs, critical darlings & actual global impact :ducky:

What do wigs have to do with ANYTHING? When tf did this weird ass narrative start? :deadbanana2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

But the earliest reviews are the most positive (The "100" from RS and Independent were the first ones to be published) :ahh: :ahh: 

they talk about it too, go give a read.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trashing her as a person or dragging her personal life into your review to justify your very low score isn't very professional. Critics are encouraging each other to lower her total score, and her more positive reviews are getting deleted and replaced with negative ones. I'm not saying you're entitled to like an album, but something very fishy and odd is going on behind the scenes. Not to mention Genius is also deleting millions of views for no reason.

I'm not Nicki Minaj but this is giving sabotage :khalyan2:

Edited by MidnightsAtPeace
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

one mildly received album out of 11 and all of the sudden we need to stop reviewing albums? :rip:

For an album that's as rich, dense and lyrically ambitious as TTPD yeah I'd be side eyeing a professional review that was published a few hours after the album dropped - I'd say the same about an album as rich as Cowboy Carter too.

For projects of this scope - sit with the music and let it get into your skin before you come to a conclusion. I'm still unsure what to make of The Anthology because there's just so much content to digest… and I've been listening to this thing on repeat since Friday :rip:

If it's an Ava Max release - fine. But a record like this is a bit different.

Edited by Peroxide
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

This reminds me of that one leaked album review of Anti before the album came out with fill in the blank sections for a quick review turnaround. :deadbanana:

this review reads like a whole bunch of nothing :suburban:

i guess this is the opening/album introduction, which is not that bad but kiii

2 minutes ago, liam13 said:

this review reads like a whole bunch of nothing :suburban:

Well they wrote the review when there was nothing yet to review, so that makes sense. :suburban:

• Haha 3

So it's just an issue when she gets the lashings? Where was this energy when the RS 10/10 came out soon after the album dropped?

Miss me. 

PANNED.gif

• Thanks 5

I like reading music critics reviews, they usually point out stuff I didn't notice + I can contrast my experience with the music. That's it. The problem starts when listeners seek validation through this publications.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

That makes total sense. It's not just the negative reviews but also the positive ones that do not sound like the reviewers really listen to the album to be able to dissect it.

1 minute ago, Comedor said:

So it's just an issue when she gets the lashings? Where was this energy when the RS 10/10 came out soon after the album dropped?

Miss me. 

PANNED.gif

they address it in the article too, why dont yall read instead of assuming :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This album release is iconic! 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.