Madonna sued again over lip synching and being late: 'Total disrespect for her fans'

Tudors

The queen will claw back and get to them. Just wait :coffee2:

• Thumbs Down 1

I dont know why they went to the queen of lateness. They are fully aware. Just wasting their money, so let them be :tsk:

• Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, Tudors said:

The venues should ignore her request for no ac. Majority rules. If she doesn't respect people she doesn't deserve it back.

so you want her to get sick?

the fact that she had sepsis and decided to go on a gruelling tour with more than 80 shows in a few months after what she's been through, deserves nothing but respect. if you can't respect that :biblio:

4 hours ago, narid said:

These lawsuits are from bottom of the barrel lawyers who put adverts on facebook saying "Did you attend a Madonna concert? Was she late? You may be entitled to compensation?" and then the gullible f**ks fall for it, pay the lawyers, and then don't get a dime back.

Do I feel sorry for them? No, I don't. This is smoke and mirrors and an easy cash grab for the lawyers. 

And to claim she doen't sing live, when she does for 90% of the show, with ample evidence attesting to that, even makes this more laughable. The only section where she lip syncs in during the spoken word Erotica bit.

the lowest of the low. goes hand in hand with some of the awfulness Im reading here

Anyway

Edited by wanderlust
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also...including lip syncing in the complaint is ridiculous and shouldn't be brought up in a lawsuit. That is laughable. 

• Like 1

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Queen won't give a f as always

giphy.gif

Good. :clap3:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

As a fan of Madonna, she needs to learn to be on time. These people aren't playing with her anymore, nor should they. They're absolutely justified in feeling the way they do, especially when it relates to the additional costs and realistic inconveniences brought about by her tardiness. It can't be said that they should have anticipated it starting late if there's an actual scheduled start time on the ticket, especially in accordance with whatever the local laws may be—among other foundations and principles regarding events.

It's understandable to start 20 or so minutes late, but starting hours late is just outrageous. That does indicate both a disrespect and a carelessness that needs to be called out; and if proven fines, late fees and impactful disruptions that cause any other financial burden in a concertgoer's life are incurred, restitution should be given—in my opinion. It's a matter of principle.

That being said, it's also wise to plan accordingly when attending such an event. The blame can't be all on Madonna, when we're talking about adults that should have the ability to plan and strategize what is in their control—parking, transportation, babysitters, etc. They should ask themselves, for example, "What if it runs late? Will I be able to access the parking lot and leave? I need to find a parking lot that's open 24/7 nearby. Will my babysitter be terribly inconvenienced, or can I just make arrangements with Aunt Cheryl just to keep my child overnight?" Everything in the lawsuit can be addressed. Madonna didn't force them to make the arrangements that they made.

I can see and understand both sides of the argument. But, ultimately, is Madonna the reason why their arrangements fell through, when she didn't tell them what to arrange, or should they have made better arrangements?

the way her fans keep defending this :rip:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

All of y'all's favs have opening acts and the main show doesn't start till after 9:30 and you all wanna sit here and complain about Madonna's 10pm start time. 

Madonna has a DJ playing for 90 mins who starts on time and THEN comes out. This is standard process. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BLΔCKP!NK said:

the way her fans keep defending this :rip:

Always.....

• Haha 1

Wasn't she also sued for lipsynching?

Edited by ericcartman
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

16 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

All of y'all's favs have opening acts and the main show doesn't start till after 9:30 and you all wanna sit here and complain about Madonna's 10pm start time. 

Madonna has a DJ playing for 90 mins who starts on time and THEN comes out. This is standard process. 

She was also used for lipping

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, ericcartman said:

She was also used for lipping

Which is a lie, anyone knows that she sings live over backing track (which you can CLEARLY hear in every YT video form every show from this tour). The only songs she lip synced were the spoken parts in Erotica and Justify My Love. You're really trying. 

• Like 3

I don't know why my fellow Madonna girlies are giving any attention to the haters in here

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oktober Knight said:

Which is a lie, anyone knows that she sings live over backing track (which you can CLEARLY hear in every YT video form every show from this tour). The only songs she lip synced were the spoken parts in Erotica and Justify My Love. You're really trying. 

I don't know I wasn't there. I'm just going by what is being reported. According to rolling Stone, lipping is part of the lawsuit. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/madonna-live-nation-lawsuit-1235008326/

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, ericcartman said:

I don't know I wasn't there. I'm just going by what is being reported. According to rolling Stone, lipping is part of the lawsuit. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/madonna-live-nation-lawsuit-1235008326/

I can't imagine you'd have time to go anyways considering the big research project you're trapped in now involving this law suit. Take time for yourself sis. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

34 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

I can't imagine you'd have time to go anyways considering the big research project you're trapped in now involving this law suit. Take time for yourself sis. 

What are you even going on about? The story literally popped up on my feed :laugh:

• Haha 1

Being late is so disrespectful. We all have our lifes, please respect our time and our families and friends etc. 
I was so lucky that she was on time my London date 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 4/22/2024 at 10:47 PM, kishi said:

At the show I worked at, we were told she would come on around 10:00pm or 10:30pm and she did that. We also were given bottles of water to hand out to audience members that were dehydrated. 

I don't think lateness is acceptable. But Madonna is not advertised as coming on stage early and then showing up hours later. 

She's requested that the air conditioning is turned off, so the venue should encourage people to drink water and hydrate before they enter the venue. If they can spend $20 on beer, they can spend $5 on water. 

The best they could do is make this transparent in emails and tickets (if people even read or pay attention to it). 

The most fair and logical post in here. She's late and she wants the AC off. I don't think it's necessarily right but it's a fact at this point. The best they can do is mention it on the tickets so people are aware beforehand.

• Thanks 1

Stay in Mexico queen :heart2:. The U.S.A doesn't deserve you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ttsmu said:

Stay in Mexico queen :heart2:. The U.S.A doesn't deserve you.

Agree. They don't. They are so spoiled. Madonna did too much for them and spectacular shows , and they take her for granted.

:coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.