Imagine Dragons - 'LOOM'

The Man Who

Fire In These Hills sounds fantastic! :heart:

3 hours ago, rta1913 said:

I don't wanna be negative but this is probably the era I am the least excited for.

"Eyes Closed" is good but probably my least fave lead they have released.

And while the artwork is stunning, it seems derivative of their previous work (even down to the font). It even looks like a single cover from the Evolve era (which is not bad since the art direction was amazing). I guess I am used to their eras looking different from each other (well Evolve and Origins are pretty similar but I consider those sister albums).

Also, J Balvin? What is this? 2016? Horrible choice.

Anyways, hopefully the rest of the album delivers so I can switch.

I am excited as they're my favourite band, but I don't think I feel as excited as I did about Mercury but that had songs as strong as Follow You, Cutthroat and Wrecked leading up to it. The fact it was a double album also made that era feel HUGE. I am looking forward to the new tracks as what I've heard so far sounds different for them and I hope they've delivered a really consistent / strong body of work with it only being 9 tracks.

The J Balvin feature is random as hell, but at least it's just a remix for an existing song and they didn't use him on one of the new ones. :dies:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mrmarrero said:

evolve and origins are their tops albums, after they started to decline

I guess it's all personal preference as I think Mercury has been their strongest body of work to date with Smoke + Mirrors in close second. 

Edited by The Man Who

16 hours ago, The Man Who said:

I guess it's all personal preference as I think Mercury has been their strongest body of work to date with Smoke + Mirrors in close second. 

it is a personal opinion of course but they are also the best sold albums.

On 4/28/2024 at 6:47 PM, rta1913 said:

There's a Target Edition with different artwork (coloring) and a bonus track... I wonder if it's the "Eyes Closed" Remix, a different remix or a completely new track.

https://www.target.com/p/imagine-dragons-loom-alt-cover-target-exclusive-cd-bonus-track/-/A-91921487#lnk=sametab

GUEST_9e189fc1-028f-487e-922d-ab9ad4d58c

I'd rather it be a new song or Children of the Sky over the remix. They officially announced the remix today but we're going to pretend we didn't see that. 

:ryan3:

• Haha 1

:heart:

1 hour ago, The Man Who said:

I'd rather it be a new song or Children of the Sky over the remix. They officially announced the remix today but we're going to pretend we didn't see that. 

:ryan3:

Same here. I'll even take the acoustic over the Balvin mess.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rta1913 said:

Same here. I'll even take the acoustic over the Balvin mess.

I love ID, but I'm not a fan of artists re-releasing songs just to add another singer / rapper onto it. If it was a brand new song, fair enough.

In other news, I keep listening to the extended snippet of "Fire In These Hills" and think it has the potential to be one of their best songs. :jamming:

Tracklist:

1. Wake Up
2. Nice to Meet You
3. Eyes Closed
4. Take Me to the Beach
5. In Your Corner
6. Gods Don't Pray
7. Don't Forget Me
8. Kid
9. Fire In These Hills

• Like 1

9 songs wtf

wow, they never had an album this short

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

Out this Friday!

On 5/9/2024 at 6:55 AM, computer.boy said:

Tracklist:

1. Wake Up
2. Nice to Meet You
3. Eyes Closed
4. Take Me to the Beach
5. In Your Corner
6. Gods Don't Pray
7. Don't Forget Me
8. Kid
9. Fire In These Hills

On 5/9/2024 at 11:15 AM, Tyrion_LMG said:

9 songs wtf

On 5/11/2024 at 10:26 PM, aleksanderbgu said:

wow, they never had an album this short

They are really trying to fit into streaming era 

1 minute ago, CherryBay said:

They are really trying to fit into streaming era 

Dan actually said this in a recent Q&A:

spacer.png

This makes it sound like they're either going to release a deluxe edition at a later point, or maybe another album of leftovers? I wasn't expecting a big album after Mercury and I love all of the snippets so I'm excited to listen to it all in June. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.