Do you appreciate Eternal Sunshine more now that TTPD has been released?

brazil

yes tbh ES is skipless

ugh i want Tay to work w Max again so bad:chick1:

• Like 1

Pls Eternal Sunshine is mid as hell too

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

It has always been loved and appreciated in this house. Even if TTPD were good, nothing would've changed.

spacer.png

no, since ES was gonna be my AOTY anyways no mid album is changing that

• Like 1

As a taylor fan I like TTPD but Eternal Sunshine is still the best album released this year and one of my favorite Ariana albums.

Edited by artc0cx
  • Like 1

Seriously, ES was / is a breath of fresh air... it's Dancey, R&B-y, super cute, well executied, great melodies, hooks and outstanding vocals. 

The album sounds so fresh and sweet, it created its own lane and atmosphere. 

The new Taylor album is exactly the opposite of that. 

I know I will be yelled down and hated on and I do not want to be this person at all. I love Taylor. She has 4 albums in my alltime most streamed albums top 600. (#175, #233, #493 and #560). But this new album is not my cup of tea at all. I'm stanning for pop girls, I love rock, R&B and what not... my taste is diverse, at times very male-act driven. 

But this new album sounds like one endless song. I've already tried to listen to it twice... but after a couple of tracks I need a break. I do not want to force that album on me and I hope I can find the passion to sit it thru. 

• Like 3

No. I appreciated ES on initial listen and TTPD wasn't going to change that. ES isn't out of Ariana's comfort zone by any means but it's Ariana doing what Ariana does best. It's an elevated version of sounds she has thrived in prior. Her next album needs more sonic evolution though or she'll end up in the same tired, overexposed boat as Taylor is in right now. TTPD offered nothing new and didn't elevate what Taylor does best. It's a regression, not bad by any means, but when she released 8 (4 not including the re-recordings) albums since 2020 it's giving quantity over quality. If Ariana released 4 slightly different versions of ES that progressively declined in quality in less than 4 years we would be calling her out too. 

I'm hoping for some production by Thundercat for Ariana's next album. Who cares about charts when TTPD is going to break records and open in the millions despite being mediocre and only the Swiftes who live vicariously through Taylor are going to care about it in a few years. Taylor has classic albums for sure but TTPD is not one of them. She needs to dump Jack and work with new producers that will push her out of her comfort zone. Unfortunately she won't do that until she suffers a commercial decline (for her standards at least) like how she released folklore after the polarizing reception of Reputation and Lover. 

Sorta. I appreciate CC much more now tho

It's a 31 tracks album, I don't know how one could formulate an opinion in half a day honestly, especially considering it's not exactly an easy listening. Besides, as always Ariana and Taylor couldn't be more different. 

two very different albums, but thanks for pitting women against each other x

• Thumbs Down 1

This is so toxic

They are both releasing great albums.

Ari fans will obviously like ES more and Taylors fan will like TTPS more.

• Thanks 1

Yes in the sense that it showed me an artist can stay within their lane but still explore interesting sounds and textures without making it sound tedious and repetitive.

A bad album doesn't make another bad album a quality one. :coffee2:

Something im not going to listen to can't affect my opinion on ES which I loved from the start. That was the magical moment of the year

that said, 31 tracks just screams corporate greed via streaming and aiming to occupy the top 30 on the h100

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.