Last.fm girlies, how are you classifying TTPD/TA?

Virgos Groove

?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• One 31-track album
    • Two separate albums

I just went ahead and separated them. They feel like two very different albums both sonically and lyrically, it's more pleasing for my stats, and it makes it easier to listen to them as individual albums. 

• Like 2

Just using the Anthology. For Midnights I had separated 3am from standard, wish I didn't do that :rip:

• Like 1

Not lastfm, but Apple Music: 

For now I'm going with the OG TTPD with the white cover and The Anthology for the 2AM tracks with the black cover.

• Like 1

I prefer to have bonus tracks under the default name of any album, so no subtitles like Deluxe, Guest List Edition, The Anthology, etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

seperated

i want to have scrobbles for both

Also not a last.fm user, but an AM user who's extremely picky about library organization - I'm separating them after track 16. I'm using one of the fan-made covers posted in the TTPD thread for The Anthology, and the Albatross cover for the main album (the fan-made one is grey to match the Albatross cover).

They seem just so distinct from each other that it works better in my mind to separate them - they're fundamentally different bodies of work, even if they're related to each other in a sense, like Folklore and Evermore were. It bugs me a little that what we call "The Anthology" doesn't really have its own title, but at the same time I like that title for it.

• Like 4

I don't know what to do, it's so ******* long :psyduck:

I don't even stream Midnights til dawn because I already scrobbled as 3 am

Edited by keshasfillers

I love Florence but I hope not. This song is worse than anything she has put out since Hey Girl. 

1 hour ago, Curaga said:

I prefer to have bonus tracks under the default name of any album, so no subtitles like Deluxe, Guest List Edition, The Anthology, etc. 

i usually do this too but with a 31 track release, i have to keep them separate. its just too long for one album to me.

plus they were released at different times so itd logically make more sense to me to have them separate.

• Like 2

i'm scrobbling the anthology as a 31 track album, the title is fire and so is the cover 

Edited by gatito
  • Like 1

I considered doing the two halves as separate albums but The Anthology was released just 2 hours after the main album and it's all tied together so its streams are combined for chart purposes so that's exactly what I'm doing on my lastfm tbh.

I've only ever done separate tags for deluxe albums when there was a considerate effort put into its campaign relaunching the era with promo and a music video (think Beyoncé's BDay), or a reissue with bonus material after years of the album being out of print (think Kylie Minogue's 80s & 90s albums reissues).

Besides, the precedent for Taylor (original SN, Red & 1989 deluxe editions) I had all songs under the main album AND for Midnights I did the same so this is what I'm stuck with now

1 album, it does not make sense to separate them, The Anthology is just like a special edition of the album

• Thanks 1

I'm adding them all onto the standard title as I do for every Taylor project, for the sake of my OCD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALA said:

Just using the Anthology. For Midnights I had separated 3am from standard, wish I didn't do that :rip:

Same, this is the only reason I'm combining them

Honestly, it would make more sense to have released them as seperate albums but I get that because of the way charts work it would've been her competing with herself for #1 so it was better marketing wise to do one album + bonus tracks

3 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

I'm undecisive tbh.

barbie-twt.gif

Virgos Groove

3 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

I'm undecisive tbh.

barbie-twt.gif

You can classify albums on Last.fm?

Just now, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

You can classify albums on Last.fm?

I mean change the name of the album. You can do it on premium.

3 hours ago, Vespertine said:

I just went ahead and separated them. They feel like two very different albums both sonically and lyrically, it's more pleasing for my stats, and it makes it easier to listen to them as individual albums. 

2 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

Also not a last.fm user, but an AM user who's extremely picky about library organization - I'm separating them after track 16. I'm using one of the fan-made covers posted in the TTPD thread for The Anthology, and the Albatross cover for the main album (the fan-made one is grey to match the Albatross cover).

They seem just so distinct from each other that it works better in my mind to separate them - they're fundamentally different bodies of work, even if they're related to each other in a sense, like Folklore and Evermore were. It bugs me a little that what we call "The Anthology" doesn't really have its own title, but at the same time I like that title for it.

Yeah, this is what I'm going with and will probably name it The Anthology. It's like its own separate (and superior!) album.

yoncegif300contrast.thumb.gif.ec5fe8884d56ed88906a3bd5c508e611.gif

• Like 2

Idk I loved the first part but the second one feels like a b-sides repackaged as a double album for more streams, like it's just the midnights 3am tracks repackaged 

Separated for me

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.